For how long is discontinued further development of PS2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by vipjerry, Sep 17, 2013.

1. IamDH

Idk about you but i wouldnt mind extra FPS
    • Up x 1
  2. ViXeN

Is this guy trolling or serious? :eek:
    • Up x 1
  3. PastalavistaBB

I'm quite used to anything between 15-25 fps in battles by now, so I would rather have better gameplay than performance maybe? Sure I would like 60 fps stabile in battles, so that skill would actually matter more. But what can you do? We'll wait and wait and pray that PS2 on PS4 will be a success so the PC version can survive.
  4. vipjerry

I will cut my right hand if they mange to pull something like 60fps on rigs with 15-25 fps range. No way! At best there will be some minor 5-10% increase.
  5. Phazaar

I just wish they'd stop the ******** and say 'PS2 cannot reach an acceptable framerate on the inferior PS4 platform. We have a hard deadline for this, and have had to divert all our resources. We're really sorry about this and we'll be doing some great stuff when we've hit the deadline to make up for it. Please bear with us.'

I wouldn't quit relying on a company that accepted it had other targets than meeting my needs. I will quit relying on a company that continually treats me like dirt, tries to convince me my needs are different to what they actually are, and actively attempts to subvert and spin every negative news piece to pretend like their actions are always in my best interests. I don't believe anyone is unaware that SOE have to work in their own best interests; there's just no reason not to say this to the public.

'If we don't hit the launch deadline with an acceptable project, PS2 will be dead in 6 months.' It's not difficult to understand. It's honest. It explains the urgency, and also presents the obvious conclusion: 'If we do hit the deadline and player uptake is as marketing has predicted, our revenues will increase X-fold, and thus we will be able to keep working on the content you want, not just for 6 months until the game is acceptable, but until we make PS3 in Y years time.'

Unfortunately I think Sony (not just SOE) need a complete change in corporate culture to even ATTEMPT an 'honest' approach to business, or even an honest approach to their customers. I still have hope, and haven't quit following Sony developments for the time being, but it becomes harder and harder to care when it's obvious that care isn't reciprocal.
    • Up x 1
  6. Klondik3

I think that 8 core CPUs are only 25% utilized in most games.
    Because Planetside is being optimized for PS4 I do think that rigs with 8 core AMD CPU will get significant FPS increase.
    Question is how much will quad core and dual core users benefit from this?
  7. PastalavistaBB

If PS2 wasn't going to be released on PS4 SOE would never bother for "Optimization". It's weird that the improvement of the PC version of PS2 depends on the PS4 release of the game.
  8. Liewec123

the story is that "everyone is working on optimization" how true it is i don't know,
    whether the recent SoE firing spree has effected them more than they're telling us is a possibility,
    you can probably expect mostly optimization and bug fixing patches in the near future and content after that.
    dont expect ETAs :p
  9. BoomBoom4You

What on earth are you talking about? They've made very clear, in post after post, video after video, that they are focusing on optimization. The rest of the content is meaningless if people can't play the game at reasonable frames on a reasonable machine.

If they fail to deliver on optimization, then you can complain.

And I don't think it will let people pick up a frame or two on the margins -- I think the changes are designed to have enough of a performance impact that it will allow a segment of the market with lower-tier machines to actually run the game effectively.
  10. BoomBoom4You

Possible -- though I still think they are motivated to optimize for a variety of reasons indepndent of the PS4, not the least of which is opening it up to more potential players and turning a profit on the PC version.
  11. NaySayer

I seriously think you have no fracking idea how bad this game runs for most people.
  12. Handsi

SOE's version of optimization is castrating their game to the point where it's only TR on continents therefore reducing the number of players and automatically reducing lag.

Here's a tip SOE: Stop introducing weapons like strikers so the servers don't have to compute the 100000 rockets a second :D