For Devs: Pillager supposed to be AV or AI?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Clipped!, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Clipped!

Question, Is the pillager supposed to be an anti-infantry weapon, or an anti-vehicle weapon for the flash? The reason I ask is because it currently shreds tanks fairly quickly as if it's a plasma-thrower rather than a flame-thower. Four and a half clips to the front of lightning or nearly three to the rear and it's scrap metal. If it's meant to be an anti-infantry weapon I think the damage type should be changed from Light Anti-Vehicle to Gatling Gun.
  2. Scrundle

I think it's wonderful that you have such a sense of balance and want to keep the game fair, very laudable!
    Is there actually a PROBLEM with the pillager working like that though? It has limited range and the user is left rather exposed, I think if you're regularly collecting tank kills with it then you earned those yourself and shouldn't be too worried.
    Now if we start seeing roaming bands of feral pillager flashes devastating the natural balance of auraxis then yes, perhaps something should be done.
    At least in my experience I rarely see pillagers being used, they're something of a novelty to see on Cobalt as far as I can tell, and that would imply to me that they aren't currently in an overprowlered state or else everyone and their grandmother would be zipping around with them. Could be wrong though.
  3. Clipped!

Since i'm fairly certain the Pillager is meant to be an Anti-Infantry weapon, I don't think it should be dealing 900 damage to a tank after 2.75 seconds with a 1.5 reload, and on top of that it obscures the target's view. For perspective, a that's fairly close to the same DPS as an AP Lightning to another Lightning, so if the the pillager is intending to be anti- infantry and it's nearly effective as a tank against a tank, it needs to be adjusted.
  4. ObiVanuKenobi

Pillager is a joke weapon, you use it for fun. Renegade is much better AI and Fury/Starfall are much better AV.
    Any tank driver without brain damage will have no problems dealing with Pillager flashes.