Fogerty Dam

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Godsmangamer, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Godsmangamer

I am sure some one else has already posted some of this but since this base looked mostly finished I thought I would put in my two cents WARNING incoming wall of text.

ok because it's still on test I am betting other people have driven down that dam surface it's kinda fun but takes a little patience. But has anyone else been able to get a sundi there recently? I was able to get one in entering from the opposite side of the base from the spawn. That infantry/flash entrance won't let a sundi in but go around that tree next to it by the green water and you can drive CARFULLY into the base and along the dam all the way to the spawn room and almost made it out the other side. ( back slid into one of the green ooze pits)
    Don't know if that was in the design but thought you all should know.

ps on this topic the hollow log on the opposite side from the spawn makes a Fabulous Sundi garage. I hope to see it else ware on Hossin as well.

This base feels like Hyoka chemical plant so I looked around wondering where the light bridge had gone. I then realized non was planed and sighed. The only class this green water effects with out them is light assaults who badly mess up their flight time or esf that hover to close to the ground. Make the water be a hazard that people have to deal with instead of just forcing the brige fight.

the other thing with the bridges is the vehicle spawn for the defenders is on the Intra link side and I was kinda thinking why not put a teleporter room out on the lake near the bridge and have the vehicle's spawn out from there. with a light bridge either way. If the defending faction controlled the light bridges It could effectively flank it's attackers spawn locations on either side of the bridges.

Second in the real world bridges have a underground section to them It would be awesome to be running around under all that chemical ooze and looking up at it. This way you could put the capture point out in the middle of the pond with light bridges leading to it from the section already built but also have elevator shafts that pop up from the lake bed. building more vertical play.

I head somewhere that small out post 38 was going to have jump pads connecting to Forgerty Dam and this sounds awfully like the long elevators at the assent and a easily farmed point. I think adding a section under the dam that this location links too and the elevators would greatly add to the depth of this base.
  2. Malorn

It's not finished. It's one of the bases I'll be working on and I think it is one of the ones that will receive a lot of time to get the flow right. The current flow is East-West and the base can be attacked from all 4 cardinal directions, so currently it has a lot of issues to sort out before it'll be a fun fight. I expect it will involve moving the spawn point to be centralized at the top of the dam (where the cap point is currently) with the capture point moving up to the middle of the water. Either Fogerty Dam or Nason's Defiance will be what I work on in the upcoming WIP segment.

It's likely going to end up a hybrid of Rockslide Outlook and Heyoka Chemical. It will have the energy bridges when I get done with it. I believe it originally had energy bridges but they weren't working correctly at the time so they were pulled. I'll put 'em back in now that we have bridges that Magriders and other vehicles can cross. :) The rockslide portion will be the way to assault the Dam from the lattice-linked outpost to the south (below the dam). That will likely involve a few ways up on each side of the dam. It won't be the best way to assault it though, but I will make it at least possible. Same for the other 2 small outposts on the upper plateau of Hossin that now link to outposts at the base of the plateau.
    • Up x 10
  3. Godsmangamer

Thank you thank you THANK YOU for the response.
    the base didn't feel right and the "pond" in the middle was weird so with that said I will be Excited to see the up coming changes. That rework sounds Terrific.
    I really mean it thank you for taking the time to respond to my post little and out of the way as it was.

ps will the green water be coming to Hyoka Chemical on live?:D
  4. Torok

Everytime I read of Energy bridges I feel happy, those are definetly the most innovative and cool additions to the game just yet, now I dream of the day where dome shields will be an AMP related benefit and will be linked to a generator for each base they are one :Q_
    • Up x 2
  5. ScrapyardBob

When will be getting proper water?

There are multiple places on Amerish where if you shoot at the water, it sounds like bullets hitting metal. With no water splashes or other water-like effects when infantry walk/run through it or bullets hit it. This is going to be an even bigger issue on Hossin.

Ankle deep water should make splashing noises and barely slow down movement (-5%). Vehicles should see a small movement penalty (-5%).

Knee-deep water should start to get into wading noises and have a bigger penalty (-20%) to movement. Vehicles should have a pretty hefty movement penalty of -30%.

Waist deep water should be a slightly larger movement penalty of -40% and prevent sprinting. With the advantage that you can crouch and only your head sticks out, making you nearly invisible to IR/Thermal. But you can't shoot unless you ADS. Vehicles should be reduced to -60% movement speed in deep water.
    • Up x 5
  6. Godsmangamer

with the idea for the underground section I was looking for something like the view screen that Xander clauss was working on in the first episode of "work in progress". I just think it would add something really cool to the base and a bit more to the idea that the dam holds a great depth of slime or what ever that is back. I also am looking forward to seeing your episode of "work in progress"
  7. Desann

And will the magrider be able to go over the water, or will the balance ***** and QQ threads squash that happy little PS1 nostalgic dream?
  8. Tuco

So what about all of that flyover country that goes to waste?
  9. chrisarn94

The one thing I'd really like to see at the dam is some kind of overflow. All that muck needs somewhere to go.
  10. Godsmangamer

or at least indicate where it's going ie pipes/filtration systems. outflow?
  11. chrisarn94

You can't really hope to filter that.
  12. daniel696

Marlon I'll use this thread to ask you something, could you make possible the battle be in the walls instead of forcing everyone to fight by the sides of the wall/base to climb it? Don't you think creating a new kind of wall for this base (that has a really big wall) possible to climb it? But with a good wall design to help the defenders, walls give the advantage to defenders so this shouldn't be differente.
    I think you could at least try and show a video of it, a livestream just for us to see, instead of jump pads (this would destroy the point of the wall) create ladders, to force everyone to fight in the wall to capture the base. I think this would be really new and awesome, you should try something like that, please just try it, in my head it's awesome lol;.