Focus Test: Zurvan - 5/10 @ 18:00 UTC

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Malorn, May 9, 2013.

1. Malorn

This is our Euro-friendly weekday test of this week. Goal is to capture and hold Zurvan for all three empires.

For North Americans that want to join in, it's 11 am Pacific, 2 pm Eastern.
    • Up x 3
  2. Ixidron

3. Loegi

A whopping 12 people at Zurvan, with people complaining that you can't capture the satellites.

Great.
  4. Ixidron

test server is a great failure, a ghost town and you devs are doing nothing at all to bring new people to it, no live server announcements, no incentives, random playtests.

You guys need a monthly calendar, more announcements via twitter and live server, and give a couple rewards, like a decal or 2 or a helmet or a cammo, a simple cosmetic item for you live server account will bring lots of people to the test server.

Also, having to download a whole new game pushes people off.
    • Up x 2
  5. Loegi

Well, good news is that population picked up. Bad news is that it was mostly VS population with their ZOE, not to mention they didn't want their Sunderers destroyed.

What have I learned about this? NC whine, VS abuse, people only want novelty, nothing related though.
    • Up x 1
  6. Copasetic

Unfortunately we couldn't test much because of the 45% VS population all running around with the broken ZOE module. And few people actually showed up, possibly because they'd rather be farming certs on the live server. Without some kind of incentive to play in these scheduled tests I don't think many people will bother to redownload the game to spend their evening playing in a buggy environment.

Maybe something simple like a 1h XP boost for every 10,000 XP you earn in one of these scheduled play tests. It's more headache on the development side I know, but stress tests aren't very useful without the stress.
    • Up x 1
  7. Ash87

Two questions for the euro players who got to do something in the stress test

1.) What was it about the ZOE that bothered you?

2.) What did you think of capture times?
  8. Copasetic

It's increasing sprint speed when it shouldn't be, lets you fire when sprinting, causes warping and even worse hit detection. Basically it's broken.

No idea, couldn't test it. My feeling is it's too short. The new SCU mechanic kicks in only half way through the capture time of a major facility, about 3 minutes in, and disables everything in the base. So really you have 3 minutes to resecure the facility before you lose it, which isn't even enough time to organize a MAX crash.

I did like the new jetpack sounds for the LA though, much nicer than the BANG we have now.
  9. Loegi

ZOE makes it so you basically can't be hit. Shooting with MAXs (your best bet) is useless since they can evade every shot. C4 doesn't work since they're very unpredictable since they move a lot. Small arms is stupid to try.

I had the chance to actually start capping 2 bases (even though one was stopped because I felt bad for NC). It was quite easy to cap behind the attackers and thus try to cut them off—I don't know what this would've done, or how easy it would be with a normal force though—and this will most likely result in it being quite easy to stop attacks. If that's good or bad, I don't know. I'd need more people for that and actual in-game experience.
    • Up x 1
  10. Qaz

Run speed is currently bugged. It gives a massive boost if you activate zoe after you are in normal sprint. You should try it, as it's a lot of fun.

2. The cap times feel too short. The base flipped twice, and both of the times no proper defense was formed.
    • Up x 1
  11. Backf1re

Shame about the turnout for this one, needed more players.
  12. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Well, duh, I completely missed this one.
    It was named like the other one.
    Sucks to be me, I guess.
  13. thrikerr

Nobody showed up last night either. TE made up about 75% of the population with a couple platoons, so we sent half our guys over to VS to make it fair.