FNO response, not suppose to be a one hit kill...

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ZipIce, Aug 16, 2013.

1. DeadliestMoon

I don't think you realize what close range snipers can do.
  2. Tenebrae Aeterna

...that's not long range. You just said to put a 4x scope on a gun and long range in the same sentence...
  3. DeadliestMoon

Yeah I know, but it's the highest magnification non-sniper rifles can have. I figured since your aim is so good (like you claim) then you'd be able to make it work.
  4. Tenebrae Aeterna

Thank you for that video.

2 Engineers
    4 Infiltrator
    1 Heavy Assault
    2 Combat Medic
    1 Light Assault

Now, I'm not about to bad mouth an excellent kill streaker, but that's 4 high priority targets throughout that entire duration. You're calling us, long ranged snipers, stat padders...when four out of his 10 kills were high priority and the most ironic thing being...the majority of his kills were Infiltrators. I think I actually missed counting an Infiltrator...

You want to know why?

He had a limited field of view and was killing anything he came across. That's what close range snipers do, because they can't afford to be picky...they can't afford to weed out the high priority targets. All they can do is hope they stumble upon them.
  5. DeadliestMoon

There's more.
  6. DeadliestMoon

It's all about your positioning right?
  7. Tenebrae Aeterna

2 Engineers
    1 Infiltrator
    1 Light Assault
    2 Heavy Assaults

Splits at 0:55

3 Combat Medics
    1 Engineer

The video seems to be spliced at 0:55, so I'm confused about if this is one streak or two spliced together. However, I'll just assume that it was one...but if it wasn't, that's not all that great either.

3 Engineers
    3 Combat Medics
    2 Heavy Assaults
    1 Light Assault
    1 Infiltrator

Once again, we have 10 kills...but this time 6 of them were High Priority. Much better ratio, and I won't deny that...but someone overlooking the entire complex is going to obtain more high priority kills than that close range sniper because they're going to have a far larger field of view. That's the point.

There are going to be situations, however, when coming in close is more prudent over long range sniping...depends upon the situation in the area. If you're assaulting a base and have the enemy pushed back, there's not as much need for a long range sniper at that point. I have an SMG for that reason...well...and because long range sniping has been reduced to nothing. I'm not too fond of running and gunning though, never have been. While a rifle is used in that video, I've never had that much luck running by people while stealthed and not getting hosed...and if you have a rifle when people notice you, there's really not too much you can do about it.

On a side note, when stalker cloak comes out, it's likely going to make this method a lot more efficient.
  8. Tenebrae Aeterna

Can't watch this one yet,

I've got to run and I've been a bit distracted throughout the course of this discussion. I'll be back and take a look at this one then.
  9. Granderil

@DeadliestMoon
    I had 22 kill streak with just a knife on Cobalt. I didn't even use cloak between kills, just camo. It doesn't mean anything about game balance.
    About videos you posted here: it works ONLY!!! against noobs. Doesn't matter how good you are. There is a lot of players around who just won't let you do such things.