Flying the Reaver

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by waystin2, Mar 25, 2020.

1. adamts01

The Reaver is the most powerful in the right hands, but it has the highest skill ceiling. So keep that in mind on your journey as you loose to Scythes and Mosquitoes. At over 700 hours myself, I'm still better in a Scythe than a Reaver. But I feel like I'm right on the edge of wrecking in a Reaver.

For loadout, stick with Fire Suppression, Stealth, and Hover. That's it. No question about it for now. For loadout, keep the stock nosegun and either standard pods, or quick recharge once you get better at hover fighting. The Reaver is by far the most maneuverable and fastest ESF, but only when you have fuel pods.

Reach out to pilots and ask for help. Even your enemies. We all fly every faction and will mostly bend over backwards to get new pilots in the air. The best thing you can do, by FAR, is find partners to duel with and teach you at the warpgate.

What server are you on?
    • Up x 3
  2. InexoraVC

That has been extremely useful to invite skilled enemy to Koltyr some time ago. It was very good skill boost. Unfortunately there is no Koltyr now. We have useless Sanctuary instead :((
  3. waystin2

Connery.
  4. Johannes Kaiser

Ironically, the few times this worked because of the right circumstances, ESFs were the exploding ones. Libs usually gave up and didn't want to follow, ESF pilots were the ones that tried to pursue.
    Now, as said, it requires quite the mix of good circumstances, but quite frankly I had better succes with this method than with actual air fighting. I kcan avoid obstacles at a reasonable rate (in a way that leaves the people I fly from A to B puking but alive, often enough), but I absolutely suck at air combat. So knowing my capabilities the choice is obvious. And so far it has paid off. Getting away occasionally is better than never in my book. And points for explosions far behind. :D
    Other alternative is go full Klingon, yelling "TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO DIE!" and go for ramming speed. But even moderately skilled pilots that aren't totally surprised can dodge that without breaking a sweat.
  5. iller

HAHAHA... I got some bad news for ya then

(that's my main server too... it's skies have become the mini-Soltek or the OLD Aussie tryhard server).
    Actually, I might know some really solid dudes who could be your wingmates there though.... (if you're willing to join the discord of the outfit that has the most NC currently in pilot training)

But yeah, what Admts just said, is very on point. Definitely keep those couple of things in mind as you decide whether this timesink is something you can dedicate more time to than I've unfortunately been able to dedicate to myself :\

But let's all be grateful for ONE thing there.... that DonAlfrago is still in hiding :D
  6. adamts01

Yeah, but finding an empty corner of a map works well enough. And most every pilot Flys for every faction, so swapping factions for warpgates duels is easy enough.
  7. adamts01

I sent you a message. I'd love to show forumside how it's possible to make a dedicated new pilot scary after a few weeks of practice.
    • Up x 1