Flying aircraft in PS2 is suicidal

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by omega4, Apr 2, 2013.

1. RaZz0R

cool - maybe render dist FTW :)
  2. ThundaHawkPS

We should all just let lordmang fabricate lies without calling him out?

Is that the world you want to live in, tasogie? Is it? He wants to make things up, I'm going to call him out on it.

I write this with a smile.

3. omega4

You really are bitter about a bad pilot like me killing you several times, aren't you. You do realize that PS2 is just a game, right? I certainly hope so for your sake.

• Up x 1
  4. ThundaHawkPS

You shouldn't feel so compelled to lie about things that didn't happen. Even if it is the internet. A lie is a lie, lordmang.

Next thing you know, you'll be downloading an aimbot like your vaunted predecessors lordserpentor and blackjacks to pwn in the air for once. I'm half expecting it from you at this point.

5. ExquisitExamplE

You're problem is that you're a terrrible flyer. I mean, amateur level. Thanks for posting the video though so we could confirm.
    • Up x 1
  6. omega4

Unlike some (e.g. you), I don't care about my skill level (or another gamer's for that matter) in a game. After all, it's just a game. Besides, if a bad pilot like me can kill a great pilot like you several times without trying too hard, why would I need to use an aimbot?
    • Up x 1
  7. MadRon101

You had plenty of time after the fist flak is seen to take evasive action and escape. Plenty of time. That you chose to instead fly in a straight line to allow the flak to kill you is not a faul tof the game designers or the game balance.

It is entirely yours.

But I think you know this and this is just a troll thread, so as I said before, keep fishing.
    • Up x 1
  8. ThundaHawkPS

Okay, whatever. You keep on lying to yourself bud. Try to not succumb to the temptations of cheating kk.

To deconstruct your lie for you, I wouldn't fly backwards using Air Hammer in a straight 1v1. I would only fly towards or sideways. Messy food.

• Up x 1
  9. omega4

Again, why would I need to resort to cheating when I don't care about my stats, or yours for that matter. I always wondered why SOE even bothered to create a website for PS2 gamers to look up their stats. Your behavior is the answer to that question.

Your obviously a better pilot than me. You obviously care more about your stats than me. The fact that you think I would even want a hack tells me that you place a lot more value in one's skill in games like PS2 than I ever would.

It also explains why you're so upset that a novice like me can kill you in a game like PS2, despite your skill in flying backwards and using an air hammer.
  10. bNy_

Ask yourself this... have you ever tried to shoot down an scythe or reaver? I said from the beginning that I find AA MAXs silly and to strong in some aspects however they are not that great to take you down, their OPness lies in their way they can control the air space around the base you trying to capture/defend.

With other words, making the pilots in the area useless.

They are not that good to just snipe planes down with and unless there is a silly amount of them you will survive pretty much every single time if you react good.

People have already pointed out the errors you made, instead of trying to learn something from it you just argue against it without gaining anything from the experience.

1) Either you fly out of reach from the MAXs to begin with (I showed how to do that in a youtube video) or you use the terrain to your advantage which requires you to fly quite close to it.

2) Once you're under heavy fire in mid air with nothing to use as cover you kind of have to make lots of turns, rolls and use the afterburn correctly. You failed with pretty much everything in this aspect, you just kept going forward in a straight line making it very easy for the AA units to keep aiming at you.

If your shooting at an scythe, would you prefer that they do lots of weird maneuvers making it hard for you to follow it with your aim or not?
    • Up x 1
  11. Zan_Aus

Actually its the reverse, ESFs need to have their max speed doubled and hovering removed (stall speed of like 100). Would remove A2G cheese and yet at the same time make them more survivable.

That said I used to die non-stop in my Scythe but now that I play fast and keep moving I feel more vulnerable in a tank these days.
    • Up x 1
  12. PraxisMajor

Well, there is a lot of talking going on here isn't there.

Let's break it down a bit:

- A group of AA MAX units get kill a single target pretty damn quickly if given a few seconds to focus fire on them.
    - You can sometimes find yourself surprised by enemy positioning. Unexpected threats are always the most dangerous. Would you expect to survive on foot if you turned a corner and suddenly found a small group of infantry standing in front of you?
    - The South East Warpgate on Indar lends itself to enemy AA squads by giving them the potential of high ground that is hard to reach. There are still routes to avoid flak if you know it is there and you want to.

Now, does that mean that the act of flying is suicidal? I personally don't think so. If a decent sized AA force doesn't surprise you then it is almost always possible to escape. If they do surprise you, then that's just a thing that happens sometimes.

I'm not so sure about this, particularly the "no matter how much there is". Well organised air can still provide a threat to an organised ground force, they just actually have to be a bit more organised than just sending units into the area. Give AA enough targets to shoot at and throw in a couple of good lib pilots/gunners and they will still do damage. Force more people to pull AA (or stay on that task) and it gives other forces opportunities to push in. You can do that with one squads worth of air.
  13. elementHTTP

This is how good pilot deal whit flack party

And this is how bad pilot deal whit flack party

Learn to play rookie and persevere
    here is playlist of good educational videos for omega4
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLox464babK12SajWf8Twv7SGclf_BMW2G
    • Up x 2
  14. Zan_Aus

Ahahaha, I love the little cha-chinnnnnng addition to the vid, I was laughing as hard as that pilot.
    • Up x 1
  15. Dingus148

Omega is a terrible pilot blaming the game for his ineptitude. ThundaHawk was rightfully calling him out as such. Don't jump on bandwagons Tasogie. I remember when you hated air and were an unashamed abuser of /suicide. Blaming the "COD kiddies" for the nerfs you called for is hypocrisy. If you insist on pursuing that line of thought and spouting the same argument in every thread, I will call you out on it and shoot you down. Open your eyes, get some grounding in the nature of the thread and then form your opinions...don't just say "PILOTS ARE A BROTHERHOOD AN ALLIANCE A BULWARK AGAINST THOSE NAUGHTY NAUGHTY COD KIDDIES". COD kiddie is the most meaningless insult on this forum because people twist it to mean whatever they want. Don't make me list examples of you abusing it.
  16. Cleaver

Personally, I wouldn't call four "several".

But really, all petty arguments aside, the video you posted doesn't back up your point. It's like me trying to knife a tank to the ground, getting run over, and saying tanks are OP. You wasted your afterburner and flew in a straight line whilst taking flak. There's no way around it, you could've avoided that.
  17. Teegeeack

If enemy forces are camping outside your warpgate, it would not be a huge leap of logic to assume they have capped the hexes around your warpgate. Therefore it is THEIR territory, and you are flying into it.
  18. Tasogie

Show me when I said /suiciding was good, because I hate it with a passion. I have done it, but it was rare an not something I recommend anyone do. an yes I have hated Air, back when I couldn't fly for more than 5 seconds lol.

Now I can fly quite well :D (cant shoot for ****, but I can fly)

I havnt even watched Omega's vid I don't really care what his issue is, I was just telling the other guy that way he was talking as if he was some sort of "top gun" made him look idiotic an arrogant. I don't put people down for their playing ability (not seriously)

Feel free to shoot holes in my "skills" but it wont mean anything.
    yes I hate "COD" warriors, because as you well know, many of them are some of the most repulsive individuals ever to infest gaming. But I will admit not "all" are that way, an I probably use it too often.
    That guys trouble is he is so worried that people think he was killed by another player, that is my main issue with him. ANYONE from a BR1 upwards can kill anyone in this game.

edited, ok, I jsut watched his vid, an while yes he did the worst thing possible, the fact he is probably new to flying gives him a break. he woudlnt know how to react to it. personally I would never fly high like that, specially in Indar, but then I like to fly at ground level.

One trick is worth trying is if you know they are there, try to map out a route around them, an come at them from long range, trying to road kill a few. You would be amazed how good it works sometimes. (but it isn't garenteed)
  19. Dingus148

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...truct-rampant-abuse.77570/page-9#post-1006101

Lol hate to do that to you, but I remember when you don't. It was one of the early suicide/decon threads.

All p*ssing competition aside, scrubs like Omega deserve to be ostracised ASAP. He's a toxic element, and you shouldn't mindlessly jump to someone's defence. I don't want to argue because I don't have a problem with you...but you have a hair trigger. But yeah, I'll shut my mouth before I cause offence
    • Up x 1
  20. Notyoz Tacoz

My problem isn't with whether or not the OP is a skilled pilot or not, I could care less. The problem is when you start a thread with a title that's so over the top; "Flying Aircraft in PS2 is Suicidal"! and then fail to make any kind of sense in your argument to defend the Title.

It's one thing to be a Newbie Pilot in PS2, it's a whole 'nother thing to then go and make a RANT thread about how Air or Air Defense needs to be changed! When from his own arguments, one can easily surmise that all that's really needed is a "Buff" to his piloting skills and his Teamwork abilities and his situation awareness and his.... well you get the idea.

He just needs to add a caveat to his Title, "Flying Aircraft in PS2 is Suicidal" (when I'm the one piloting the craft)

There, all fixed! lets move on!
    • Up x 2