Flying aircraft in PS2 is suicidal

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by omega4, Apr 2, 2013.

1. BH Brigade

Are you referring to the video? Because it's pretty obvious he was in a mossie, especially when he went third person :rolleyes:
  2. bNy_

Yes I agree, AA max in groups are way too strong. If it were up to me, I'd purge that class out of this game.

However you did a few mistakes.

1) Always watch the mini-map and decide a route that seems good before flying out, if you've would of done this you would of seen that VS was right outside your warpgate and you should be able to come to the conclusion that there might be tons of MAX:s on the ground waiting for vehicle kills.

2) You should never fly so low to the ground when exiting a warpgate, always climb to 900+ meters by facing a 90 degree angle the moment you spawn your mossy.
  3. CrispyHaze

Are you referring to my post which was a clear response to another, as seen by the quoted section? Because it's pretty obvious that I was replying to something else and not the video, demonstrated by actually reading the posts I was quoting. :rolleyes:
  4. omega4

Don't care what you believe. Even flying backwards and armed with an Air Hammer, you weren't hard to kill. Don't take a game so personally. You'll feel better.
    • Up x 1
  5. CrispyHaze

Do you care what the rest of us believe? Cause if your video is anything to go by..
  6. RobotNinja

BF3?

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  7. omega4

Not really. I have my opinions and you're not going to change them anymore than I'm going to change yours.
  8. CrispyHaze

Ok, but I gave you some constructive critism and tips on how to avoid dying in situations like that, yet you completely ignore it, choosing rather to mistakenly believe that what happened was a balance issue, or anything but your own fault. I'm not trying to change your opinion but actively choosing to be ignorant will not help you improve. Everyone in this thread seems to comprehend the pilot error in the video but you.
    • Up x 2
  9. Kubor

That doesn't make sense.

There have been no recent buffs or nerfs to the AA MAX or ESF's that would account for that.

It's no good just looking at MAX scores overall because of all the AI MAX'es running around.

The AA MAX simply isn't a tool for farming experience points. I have spent a lot ot time in a Burster and a lot of time in a Prowler. My overall score as a Prowler user is light years ahead of my score as an AA user.

Seriously now. An average AA MAX user outperforms a combined average MBT and ESF user?

Never in a million years. If you want to gain experience points, there are far better ways of doing it than sitting in an AA MAX bored out of your skull.
  10. RHINO_Mk.II

Fair enough.
  11. MadRon101

Must be troll post.

Keep fishing.
  12. bNy_

I even made a movie to clearify a safer way to exit the warpgate.

13. Tasogie

Trouble is, Air Power is meant to be the single most powerful weapon system available. The CODites an cry babys managed to scream so loud so long till soe gave them everything they wanted. A single LA has more power now than any esf in the game.Though saying that, if you take off when theres a zerg of AA camping your warp gate, then you deserve to get shot down.
  14. RaZz0R

A few things I wanted to point out.

First you are comparing to BF3 which cost you what... 100 bucks to buy?

unless you put that kinda cash in PS2 so all certs went to adding armour and flares and stuff... you can't compare fairly.

Second - if you have an army of AA max's - you should not live! Unless you are flying very low and can you hills to cover you from the flak... speaking of which - did you try flying out a different direction and low flying to try and take out a max?

Last bit - an ESF is not meant to be all powerful! An ESF can kill a MBT with one rocket clip in the rear. An ESF can kill soldiers and quickly, an ESF can take out pretty much anything... IF you can fly it with a bit of thinking. ie: using terrain for cover. having set patterns to fly and not hovering trying to take out something.

The ESF is fine, The AA is fine - the lib is fine.

Also from that video you haven't binded keys to pitch the nose up or down - so you are not moving or turning anywhere near as quick as you can!! If using the standard "wsad" keys - I use the "E" & "Q" for pitching the noise up and down - this allows you to turn very tight, perform loops - both forward and backward. Also bind a key for roll one direction or another - then you can barrel roll easy as well.

Learn how to play first - then complain
    • Up x 1
  15. RaZz0R

have to say.. ummm, no - you fly up there.. you have zero cover from lock-on or flak :)
    • Up x 1
  16. Purg

Are we even watching the same video - the first post on the front page? I saw quite a few tracers *before* the first ones hit, the reason you don't see them afterwards is because they're no longer in his FOV. They're below and to the right.
    • Up x 1
  17. omega4

Until other players post a video where they can avoid being destroyed by an enemy force that they cannot detect until it's too late, I'll stick with my opinion.
  18. bNy_

I'm a poor VS, our warpgate is always under seige. I've never died once exiting the warpgate the way I do with my scythe.
  19. ThundaHawkPS

I'm thinking you found me at 10% hp once after I killed someone and lied and lied to yourself until you were a hero. You poor delusional baddie.

All I know is this: you're definitely of the worst TR pilots on Mattherson over BR30 and I say that with no emotion attached. The video you posted is further evidence of this. I didn't even know it was lordmang flying that mosquito until you replied to me, but now it all makes sense.

Anyway. Keep spawning your ESF and feeding me easy ones.

Love,
    your #1 killer
    https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428013610437724417/killboard/?view=deaths

20. Tasogie

Do we really need this COD egotistical attitude. Thinking your something special an putting down others to make you seem something you are not is really not making you look good. I would take a break, take a good long look at your attitude an your obvious anger towards others in an online computer game, an make some changes.

(an before you look up my KDR, I don't give a damn, do not waste my time as I will just block you)