Flinch + Hold Breath is too much

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AnnPerkins, Feb 15, 2013.

1. FateJH

I've survived bolt action rifles with a sliver of health before and kept my aim trained on them (if you're saying I shouldn't be surviving that, then I may need to submit a bug report on my own character). The second bullet is what does me in.

None. I almost never kill Infiltrators unless I'm right behind them and they have scoped at someone nowhere near me.
  2. Hoki

Flinch is why an infiltrator has 0 chance in close combat after taking the first hit. If you don't get your shot at before being shot, its over.

They could fix this by allowing every sniper rifle with any scope also to have the ability to use ironsites.
  3. m44v

I agree that removing sway would make the snipers too OP, IMO the time you hold breath should last a bit longer. Flinch is ok since that's the only way infantry can hope to survive a sniper. When a heavy starts shooting my way, and flinch prevents me from getting bodyshots I usually retreat and try from another angle.
  4. Sulsa

No. He is saying the nature of the class means you can't be seen for you to effectively do your job. Cloak helps with that a bunch but it's also the mindset to take your time and find a place people aren't looking for you.

I think
    is a succinct way of summing that up.
  5. {joer

If only I carried a secondary weapon which worked fine while flinching..... maybe something small...
  6. AnnPerkins

super clever, brah. But unless you're NC your pistol is pretty ineffective past maybe 10m max.
  7. TheInferno

Warning: Non-sniper speaking, so I won't argue either way about the actual topic.

I don't know about the VS pistol but I've found the TR pistol to be a death machine. I love it. Also, I have a question: why do infiltrators need to be good in close combat with sniper rifles? At all? I mean, sniper rifles are long ranged weapons, no way they should be useful in close combat. Scout rifles... never used one, think I've seen one used like once. Probably need some work, but I don't know since I don't use em.

Now, the SMG? That thing is what you pull if you want to go close combat. I've seen videos and players in game effectively using the SMG to murder a good amount of enemies. Can they slug it out like any other class can now? No, 'course not. If I can see them and open fire right before/at the same time as them I usually kill them with my T1B Cycler. But if they manage to get by you and get the first shots in at close range you are dead.
  8. Bambolero

OP you don't seem to 'get' the class so you are asking for more crutches.
    It's your typicial assassin/rogue class of MMORPGs, a glass canon.
    It has the lowest TTK in game (headshots) and the advantage to strike first in close combat (cloaks) with the highest DPS guns (SMG).
    For these big advantanges the class only sacrifices 10% of their effective health...
    You aren't supposed to win shootouts with an Inflitrator... with the introduction of the SMGs they already made the Infil an OP class overall....

So yes, if someone is shooting at you from 100 meters means you failed the most important task of the class, staying unseen...
    And the last thing you do when your position is compromised is stubbornly staying there trying to shoot it out lol.
    Hit the cloak, retreat behind the obstacles you should be hiding behind in the first place and find another shooting position..
    So yeah, learn to play?
  9. Xind

Unrelated to snipers, this has already come to pass.
  10. Duvenel

Because the whole point of a sniper rifle isn't to kill another person in the most efficient way. It's to spam bullets at them and hope they wont fire back and hit you? If you're going to use a sniper rifle and not aim for a headshot, then you might as well put your rifle away and use a pistol to kill them.
  11. Antich

Don´t believe anyone thinks removing sway would be a good ideea. Sway is there for a reason, not making snipers into killing machines. What i don´t understand though is why sniper is the only class in this game that has sway. Every other class can shoot pinpoint accurate 100% of the time, snipers need to hold breath. I think all classes should have weapon sway. Wouldn´t change anything in CQC, would be just a minor difference in medium range would actually make sense at extreme ranges for normal weapons.
  12. Goretzu

It's true, if you have a player with a high RoF weapon and a player with a low RoF weapon, then all things being equal the high RoF player will always win in PS2 due the mechanic.

It needs to be changed to work on damage done, not RoF to be remotely balanced between factions.
  13. Zitroxious

holding breath is just too short, it needs to be a tad longer
  14. Jex =TE=

If you're shooting at long range, what explosions are rocking your sight picture? Surely you are hidden and away from the main fight? As for tiny ants, try a better scope or get closer? I try to get in range of my rifles zero point (about 150 with the M-77) and use a 10x scope (i did have a 12x but it was too much) and get 1hk all the time.

If you are 500m out (or whatever the render distance allows now), then your bullet will do less damage than mine which is why you might not be getting 1hk though I haven't sniped since the last 2 hotfixes.

To the poster that said Infi's get no love, you're right. I can still see every infiltrator because i have to run low graphics. There is no point having a "cloak" if you are easily seen. I don't care if you can also see through me - the thing is as good as a chocolate teapot. If you can be easily seen then you can be easily seen so as it stands, the cloak is totally redundant unless you are completely still which kind of defeats the point for infiltrating as that requires movement. I think high graphics the cloak works a lot better but it needs to be set the same for all settings and give us some options for infiltrating only, not killing - make a point of the class other than a sniper class - or rename it to sniper.