Flight input options lacking. Need Yaw on mouse option.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by mamif, Jan 29, 2021.

1. mamif

Recently reinstalled to shoot some people. Like the many times before that I come back to this game I am disappointed to find the lack of input options for flight. I easily have over 1000 hours combined across several games with the same control setup for flight. Pitch/Yaw on mouse and roll on keyboard. I want to be able to fly in this game but am not going to fight against that much muscle memory.

This is the part where people respond and say that with those inputs I don't have enough control over roll for the flight model in this game ect ect and I wont be competitive. I don't really care. I would rather fight people who believe they have an "input advantage" than fight against the ground outside the warp gate.
    • Up x 1
  2. TR5L4Y3R

air controls need a general change
    there needs to be sensitivitybars be it use on keyboar or a controler and there needs to be keys for strafing or banking ..
    but yea the lack of being able to yaw with the mouse is laughable and is among the reasons i don´t fly ..
    current flightcontrols still gives me a damn handcramp, still need to be changed ..
    • Up x 1
  3. blackboemmel

I'm responding that with "yaw" on mouse you can pull the mouse 20 cm to left or right and (almost) NOTHING happens. You pull the mouse 20 cm up or down and you fly some loopings. It will feel like your mouse has 50 dpi when moving to left or right and 5000 dpi when you move it up or down. This would burn your mouse sliders and mouse pad first and then your brain and muscle memory.