Flickering/Flashing Screen Issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by iAmFATAL, Nov 21, 2012.

1. SceaRd

WHATTHEF?! Dev answer on nov 24 and its almost MARCH! Fix the game!
  2. TintaBux

The flickering/flashes been going on a long time, most people get it at some points, you either have to move away from that current area or restart game.
  3. Caeden

I'm getting the same thing now. Can't do anything, happens right in the middle of a big fight.
  4. trunks044

Getting this bug now for the first time. Only way to fix it is to restart the game.
  5. Attias

getting this as well for the first time ever
  6. PresidentFreeman

Happened twice in the space of 20 minutes before, it is actually getting worse somehow.
  7. BatouSection9

You can also jump up and down to make the flickering stop :D
  8. WeaverMSI

Still getting this flicker glitch, same as it always has been. Has SOE given up?

i7 3770k
    MSI GTX 680 Twin Frozr
    8gb RAM
    Win 7 Pro
  9. biterwylie

I get this also. Usually occurs a short time after the warping issue, which itself appears as soon as I start seeing enemy infantry.
  10. MaximL

May be it is just coincidence but I get this but only while playing NC. I'm serious. I can't remember when I got it as TR despite I play as TR much more time.
  11. tronath

happens to me also, on a HD 5850 and 7660D
  12. PresidentFreeman

Amazing that this is still happening after so long, a dev seriously needs to give some explanation as to why they can not/will not fix it.
  13. NonStopRobotDisco

I used to experience the screen flashing bug, where the entire full screen would strobe white, but haven't experienced it for a few weeks now. However, I am now experiencing 'leopard spot' screen flashing, where only part of the screen is obscured by flashing spots.

It only last for a couple of seconds, every so often, so has been difficult to catch on video, but I did managed to get a short clip:

At Sony's request, I have tried all of the following, but nothing has stopped the 'leopard spots' so far:

- Deleting a number of specific files, then re-installing them by Validating Game Assets
    - Running the game after a clean boot
    - Re-installing graphics drivers
    - Re-installing the game

I am running the game on high settings, which normally run fine. Does anyone have any suggestions for next steps?
  14. Serpent808

I've been experiencing the flickering, some flashes, some terrain disappearing, some boxes of pixel color corruption, you name it. I'm using a 7900 series AMD card with the recent WHQL Driver, 13.4 installed. The issues has been coming and going more noticeably now since GU08. In addition, I see the same types of issues in other MMOs like World of Tanks and World of Warcraft. I don't see it occurring in Crysis 3.

I've found that that enabling MLAA fixes the issue in all three situation (PS2, WoW, WOT). Problem with PS2 is, my understanding, the game isn't really optimized so well when MLAA is enabled in the AMD Catalyst Client. When I get into a massive fight, my CPU rate actually goes down to 20s, 10s, and 1 digit numbers. When I am away from a battle, besides the fact that it makes the game's eye-candy factor that much more better, I have a consistent 70 + FPS at a warp gate.

I guess my biggest question to SOE-Planetside2 techy: Is this an AMD Issue, or a Planetside 2 Issue? Also, is there a way where AMD Video-card users can use MLAA (Morphological Filtering) so we can play Planetside 2 with very little issues, and have sensible FPS rates? When I had MLAA enabled, there wasn't any graphical issues of any form, and neither did the issues of other community members in this thread, occurred...
  15. ALeviathan

De-sink with major packet lose your issue.
    Running the in game settings higher than your system can handle is next. Not talking warp gate FPS. Huge fights with vram, CPU usage settings in game put up high/ultra overloading your system.

I use to get this. Dropped game settings, adjustments Nvidia CP + window settings, went back to LAN cable connection instead of wireless, played around with my modem and adjusted my internet profile with my provider until packet loss was basically gone.
  16. tigerchips

Try playing the game in windowed mode. I haven't seen the flickering bug since I did that.
  17. Guadoc

Were you by any chance near a Scythe at the time? There was a bug a few weeks ago (not sure if fixed or not) where people were getting spots on the screen every time they fought a Scythe, Vanu conspiracy if you ask me ;)
  18. BlackDove

It's doing it again for me too, after it hadn't done it in months. I'm starting to wonder if this isn't server-side, since the crashing and flashing screen thing seem to be localized issues. It's not the same as when a huge zerg is going on either. It's usually when the game drops to 2fps from Vsync fps for no apparent reason, in a specific area. Once you leave the area, the issue goes away.
  19. shaaan

I'm getting this bug where the screen keeps flashing yellow on startup. When I join a server, the loading screen's picture is all yellow. Then, the game crashes. I'm downloading new drivers now, and will see whether that fixes the issue.
    I'm new to forums in general, so sorry if this isn't in the right place.

i5 2500k
    6 GB DDR3
    GTX 560 Ti
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
  20. Kirppu1

it's a geometry issue, something is interfering with the renderer so it cannot get proper data on the game world geometry