Flickering/Flashing Screen Issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by iAmFATAL, Nov 21, 2012.

1. NC_agent00kevin

I have had the bug a few times; staring at the ground for a couple minutes with the ground rendering makes it go away.

try it :)
  2. Galhans

Bump! Same issue, goes away after ~2 or 3 minutes, but will come back later :mad:
  3. Anshegar

Same problem. I can't play.
  4. Zherron

5. BlueSmiley

Bump.

I have this flickering thingie everyday. + This problem was already in beta...
    Maybe it's time to adress and fix this bug?
  6. dharKharma

Had this exact same problem after about an hour of gameplay. Still better then the 10-20min crashes I constantly get but never got it this session.
  7. Kenuat

Can't play for week already :( graphics flickers, fps drops and finally game freezes
  8. TomoB

Yeah I have that after some hacker enters his hackz codes and makes my client crash. Just now I was on top of the mountain and shooting enemy max, he just stopped moving (to type in his hack bs obviously) and soon after that my screen started to flicker and finally whole game froze and I had to terminate it. )/%))%#%
  9. Firesalamander

It happens outdoor only, and only the ground is affected, not buildings inside.

While I play Planetside, my internet router reports ping flooding attacks from different IPs.
  10. Momo3773

Same problem here after 10mins of gameplay.
    SOE, are you going to fix that or... ?
    That bug is lasting for MONTHS. Or did you bring it back from the dead with the last update?

Config :
    Intel i7-2630QM @ 2.0GHz
    6,00Go DDR3
    AMD Radeon HD 6770M
    Windows 7 Pre 64bits SP1
  11. Nembo

Having the same issue!!
  12. sqnx

month later same ol'.. yesterday my entire squad was affected by this annoying bug at the same time, so i dont think that reinstaling the client will change anything.

so soe, do you still hate it enough?
    • Up x 1
  13. MoonshineFox

I get this pretty much every day after about 30-60 minutes of gameplay.
  14. Yutty

Upgrading to the latest driver usually fixed this for me in beta until it comes back in a couple months. Noticed ppl are still on nvidias 310.xx drivers like i was when i got this last night. I suggest getting the latest one i believe its 314.xx for the gtx series.
    • Up x 1
  15. BlueSkies

So, as you said occasionally when the flicker bug pops up it goes away. In this case I decided to wait it out and see if it would vanish. Instead of the bug vanishing I suddenly started experiencing drastic slow downs, a return of the tilted world bug from beta, and uncommanded forward movement that I could only cancel by pressing A, S, and D simultaneously. Any updates on this?

16. F1nn3gan

I have the exact same issue, screen flickers,critical lag,sometimes crashes. SOE please fix this!!!
  17. Mhyrria

This is currently happening to me right now. Restarted the client a lot of times, but every time i log back in it is the same. No way in hell im gonna keep restarting my pc for this bug.
  18. Pr0f3ssor55

same problem !!!!

Win7 Premium
    Amd FX 6100/ 3300Mhz
    16gig Ram
    64bit
    GTX 650 ram2gig

In Graphic setting at one time they did have setting which you could click to stop the tearing in game ,but its gone now :S
  19. Naceo

20. AgentStark427

BEHOLD. THE OLDEST PS2 GLITCH OF ALL TIME.

Look in one spot for about sixty seconds. It should fix itself.