Flickering/Flashing Screen Issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by iAmFATAL, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Torque221

My son and I have the exact same computer builds, I get this often and he's had it once. Right now this is the worst bug of the game for me. Pleeeeease get this fixed.
  2. Shoox

Same issue here. Mostly after an hour the flickering starts.

i7-2600K@3,40GHz
    AMD Radeon HD 7970
    Win7 x64
  3. Tsavo13

Getting this about once a day, seems completely random. Seems to resolve itself for me after 30 seconds or so.
  4. Nikushimi

Its caused by a memory leak, it has nothing to do with your hardware.
  5. ScrapyardBob

Still happening here. AMD FX-6100 and GeForce 660 Ti.
  6. sqnx

do you still hate it enough over a month later?
  7. DNSCRASH

They will wait until someone has an epileptic seizure before doing anything about it. It's been like this for months already.

To be fair, these guys haven't made any meaningful improvements to the game since November. Check back in March.
  8. orenrocco

Interesting, all of you should just re-install the game because what your game is doing now is posting a value that is known to be false because the value itself is posting in the wrong column of the planetside 2 database. A re-install should fix this problem because it re-posts and replaces those false values with the real values because the game is fresh and clean from the installation process. False posting error occurs if there is to many players in one area as one possibility due to the fact there is so much code being posted as values that the user's processor has a probability of mixing the codes which are being posted up, furthermore this can be avoided by using a higher class processor which can take on more handlers and have a less probability of fault lines of a bug within a period of time. In other cases from what I have heard from the admin game plays of the game there is hackers who mess with the values and mess up other user's values without realizing when their hacking they can create a modified argument which could be false or true dependeds on what the arguement was originally; but going forward it can create an affect such as the blinking error. However, re-installing the game should be quickest fix for this occasion too. In basic terms, you cannot avoid this situation because it is going to happen to everyone sometimes. One idea I recommend to Planet side 2 code developers is spreading the values on the database out, meaning creating more tables and placing the values in their own separate table because then if false value or argument is posted it will not affect any of the original values instead the false value would probably just create a new column, however there is a possibility of fault because the false value might post to the user table and then you guys are screwed if that happens unless you have backups of the tables which I highly believe you do and you make those backups everyday.
  9. tigerchips

I use to get this bug all the time until i swapped over to windowed mode. When it happened in windowed mode the colour of the background was grey and not white (which was a change). It has only happened once in windowed mode and soon after i started the game.
  10. orenrocco

well that is become the windows mode is using the original values that came from the installation since the bit size is different between a windowed mode and fullscreen mode
  11. hostilechild

This bug seems to crop its ugly head for me more often than anything while fighting aircraft, as heavy around bursters or as a burster max. And almost always after some aircraft explodes nearby on the ground. And only in medium to large battles with lots of air/flak.
    It is at least very rare, but twice last night but maybe 4 total in 2weeks.

Intel i5-2500K
    Windows 7 64bit
    nvidia 660ti
    16GB RAM
  12. orenrocco

As I stated previously,

Then you stated:
    Your troubleshoot relates to my answer above

Best Regards,
    Oren S. Andiroglu
    Founder and CEO of Silhouette Journal
    "Many social networking sites all in one site"
  13. orenrocco

A solution to fix your troubleshoot since it necessarily does not relate to this is to check task manager and take a look at the Physical Memory percentage being used when the error occurs if the percentage is high try decreasing your other application memory usage while playing because the more memory you have temporarily reserved the less likely you are probable to receiving the error since all the values which are being posted are not jumbled up when the package is being sent.
  14. orenrocco

and make sure to clear up your cache
  15. hostilechild

Forgot to add to this, it seems to be the screen shake related to the exploding nearby vehicle but not always. As we all know the dam screen shakes a LOT.

I have logged cpu/memory usage. Last night the cpu was at 50% and memory at 25% during a crash. Only other app running for me while gaming is mumble.

The one thing i did notice from the log/sound was a real loss in upload speed on my internet link while download was just fine, notice due to hearing people on mumble but my voice static choppy to them. Which also follows some of what was listed above.

Its so rare i don't really worry about it.
  16. Istrebljivach

Seriosuly, this should be moved to top priority status. One of worst bugs I have ever ecountered.

And also happens pretty frequently.
  17. TeknoBug

I hardly notice screen shaking in PS2, you want screen shaking? Go play Metro in BF3, super super super annoying constant screen shaking.

I logged on last night and went to a nearby outpost and got the flickering screen, quit and logged back in, got in my Scythe and while flying I got it again and quit and went off to watch some Netflix.
  18. BenYeeHua

And you should shaking your body too, so you can playing with it.:D
  19. DaninTexas

Have not been able to play yesterday and today. No matter what I do - when I log in I get this stupid bug.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz
    16 GB Ram
    AMD Radeon HD 7950 w/8.961-120405a-137224C drivers

Please advise
  20. Zamics

As far as i can tell this bug happens to everybody eventually. Restarting the game, turning alt4 off and on, and various such things seem to help temporarly fix it. however, a full computer restart is the only thing I am aware of that is a 100% fix that will get rid of the bug, but it can come back again later on in your playtime. As Istrebljivach mentioned, this issue should definitely be moved to top priority, if it hasn't already.