Flickering/Flashing Screen Issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by iAmFATAL, Nov 21, 2012.

1. iAmFATAL

Hey guys. Anyone else having this issue?

My screen starts flickering every 10-15 minutes. It is VERY annoying! Please find a fix to this!
    • Up x 4
  2. JonboyX

Just had that too. Had to re-log. Got a 40mb patch for my troubles. Still dl-ing. Better not have to Q again :(
  3. iAmFATAL

BUMP! Please fix!
  4. darkduke

Same issue here. It's totally annoying.
    Got a Radeon HD 7870 with the drivers and I don't think it's a problem with the card.
  5. Guthree

Yep, had this, but somehow it resolved itself by sitting still for a a couple of seconds.
    Still a bad thing, and I wonder if this has something to do with all those characters popping up and disappearing all the time.
  6. sicat

Had this last night couple times,really annoying,restarting game sorted it.
    Radeon 6950 g/card.
  7. GoldenThunder

Yes. Seems to be fixed after death (until it comes back).

System:
    Intel i7 920 @ 2.8GHz
    24 GB DDR3 RAM
    2 x AMD Radeon 5870 1GB in crossfire
    GPU drivers: 12.10 (newest, 12.11 only in beta)
  8. ronb

same here, pls fix.
  9. Simmo7

I also have an MSI 7870 twin frozr and am getting this problem, only way to fix it is restart the client for me, I get this problem and the FPS bombs and the client locks up completely.
  10. Ziogatto89

I have this problem as well... it did not go away not even with logging out so i closed and reopened planetside, that fixed it but after about 30 minutes it came back.
  11. toshibash

Same here.
    Usually after those flashing game stops, so only stoping process helps to start game again, till this bug repeats.

Trying to play with graphic settings now.
  12. iAmFATAL

Yeah exacly the same for me. Loggin out did not fix it for me so i had to restart the game. After 20 min ingame it returned again.
    My GPU is GeForce PNY 570 @1.25GB
  13. Simmo7

I've just had it again was only playing for 20-30 minutes, I'm playing on max setting withs shadows on low. I've tried moving to medium preset but i still had this problem.
  14. DARKTurd

I've got this problem too. I can play for a while, then this happens. Usually before it happens, my fps will drop to like 1 for a few seconds, then this happens.
  15. KaosWarMonk

Repost from other thread for visibility

Had this twice over a 90 minute session just now. First one went away after about 2 minutes when I open/closed map. Getting late so logged after second instance. Was talking in game to another guy who had it at the same time. GPU was at 60C so don't think was overheating.

Win7 64b
    i5-2500
    8Gb
    GTX570
    Latest nvidia drivers I thnk
    • Up x 1
  16. Pock

I'm so pleased that you posted that video. The amount of times I have died and messed up my KD is stupid.
    • Up x 1
  17. Ian_M

I am getting it as well. I thought it was the GPU temperatures. My maximum if 74 and the maximum it can so is 105. I ahve an nvidia card and sother get the problems with AMD.
    The bugs right now are making the game unplayable.
    I logged out and exited the game. I restarted which fixed the problem. Then was disconnected from the server and could not log back in.
  18. Veckna

Same issue here - intermittent for me, it can be shortly after a session starts or I can go for hours without any issue. Has occurred in both ground vehicles (Sunderer) and as infantry (Engi/Infil).
    Alt tabbing to desktop and back seemed to fix it last time but not had it happen since to see if this is a reliable solution.

System:
    Win 7 Home Premium 64bit
    Intel i5-2500K 3.30GHz
    Geforce 560 GTX Ti (306.97 drivers)
    8 GB RAM

in case it's any help.
  19. Pock

I have to stop, I have epilepsy and that flashing white screen is making me feel sick!
  20. iAmFATAL

Then i would suggest you to wait until this gets fixed, since this game (or any other) is not worth sacrificing your health for it.