[Suggestion] Flashlight needs to be toned down

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Goden, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Goden

[IMG]

I don't care what the flashlight looks like when viewed by another player but when viewed in first-person it is blinding to the point of being difficult to see - especially on continents with added bloom. The only time you can actually see properly when using one is daytime because it doesn't blind you with glare.

Turning down its brightness or spreading the beam out would help a ton.

And like I said, it's fine when viewed by another player. It's the first-person view that is the problem.
  2. Goden

Anyone?
  3. AzureKnight

Hey I'm with you. The thing is like a second sun and it blinds everyone around you. Most people won't care though since most don't use it. Kinda sucks blinding half your team...
  4. Erendil

Bloom in general needs to be seriously reduced in-game. It's to the point where I can't play on High graphics for more than a few minutes without it really bothering my eyes when its night time on Auraxis.

Incidentally, how's the flashlight on medium/low graphics?
  5. kadney

Tactical mini-sun. Reminds me of BF3.. :rolleyes:
    But yeah, it's a bit too bright.
  6. Littleman

It is blinding. I don't think it will take SOE long to tone it back a bit, though I think part of the brightness is to make it stand out in the dark more readily. Infils need to know who to target (so turn it off until you're hunting.)
    • Up x 1
  7. Goden

Hence why I said change the first-person light and not the third-person light.
  8. Littleman

Not entirely sure that is possible, since a lot of the first person problem is arguably seeing the reflection head on, even though everyone is seeing the exact same light whether that be in 1st or 3rd, much like the bullets we shoot and see are the exact same everyone else sees. Unlike the real world, the light doesn't bounce of at an angle, it just bounces straight back.

...Like grenades.
  9. Goden

Try this little experiment.

Go to the VR room when it is nighttime and grab a tank and turn the lights on. Keep your eyes on the lights while you get in and out of the vehicle. Upon exiting the vehicle you will notice your lights will almost triple in brightness and then dim again once you get back inside.

Flashlights need to do this.