Flashlight Gels are ready for testing!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Tayradactyl, May 5, 2014.

1. M4gn1

Would be great for the player studio. Looking forward to see things like these from L4D2
    [spoiler=images]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [/spoiler]
  2. JesusVoxel

Here, let me show 2 videos that got me interested in this game:

From those videos I got the feeling that this game would be a semi-realistic, a bit more serious game than lets say BF3 and BF4 for example.

I was a bit disturbed by the selection of hockey masks and skull masks on the depot after launch, why ruin the feel of game with some crap like that? Then came the Nvidia circuit board camo. Ok maybe I wouldn't run into that **** too often.

And what we have now?
    -tons of "artistic" "camos" that look so out of place
    -weapons that are meant as a joke (deepfreeze, heartstring crossbow)
    -lots of ridiculous horns for vehicles
    -hood ornaments, etc. stuff that makes your vehicles look far from military stuff
    -flashlight gels

I just don't understand. Why would you destroy your game artistically? It had so much potential, but now all I see is a complete mess.
    • Up x 4
  3. SpruceMoose

that first video is too depressing, all that talk about faction flavor when we just don't have it now
    • Up x 1
  4. Kriegson

"WE" ruined it.

All the ******** from idiots about "OMG X IS TOO POWERFUL, Y IS TOO WEAK!" when X is the enemy faction and Y is your own, is what got everything watered down with people trying to keep things distinct and those actually playing other factions and understanding the balance being the quiet minority.
    • Up x 1
  5. MrNature72

The second video is more depressing, man.

I wish the game was like that. And I love Planetside 2.
  6. Silver Fox

Only thing that's missing is an ice cream truck horn, amirite?

Just kidding, I'm with you.
  7. JesusVoxel

How about, instead of making stupid stuff like flashlight gels, you would try to turn your game to be more like your concept art:

[IMG]

Now take a look of these pictures below that represent the mess you have turned this great concept you had

[IMG][IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  8. ROTFLOLDUDE

SUGGESTION! FLASH LIGHTS WILL BLIND PEOPLE!!! :D
  9. DeathFX

That name ... It makes me warm and fuzzy inside.
  10. Brandmon

Decals are all fun and games, but all I want is the swagifiber version of flashlight gels so that I can dazzle the enemy with my faction colours.

Give me an animated lava lamp flashlight gel and I will willingly part with my Smedbucks.
  11. Niamar

I don't care for firework pistol or flashlight images, ps2 fleshlight would be a big hit.
  12. MajiinBuu

I'd buy one. If, of course they aren't all empire specific. I don't want to spend $5 for 1 use, I'm not falling for that again ;)
  13. ColonelChingles

Are these currently working on the test server? I see the options for them but they're greyed out at the moment.

That being said, from the pictures that others are posting I'd be willing to purchase them on live, depending on what decals are available and the price. If they're faction-specific, I would expect to pay less than the price of the equivalent decal, because while people can see decals all the time they will only see my flashlight gel some of the time. If they're non-faction specific, I'd be willing to pay more... $5 sounds pretty reasonable.
  14. MajiinBuu

Does the gel only apply to one weapon? For example if I want one on my commissioner would I have it on my underboss as well?