Flashlight Gels are ready for testing!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Tayradactyl, May 5, 2014.

1. TheKhopesh

HAHAhahaha, yeah.
    I thought the same thing.

I like "Filters" best.
  2. SoggyCow

This a total bunk. Whose idea was this???
    The light makes it look like there is an enemy or some junk going on that will catch my eye and make me fire at the flash light, or when theres a lot of people, these stupid images will be everywhere and there WILL be a lot of friendly fired because of this. If you want a real freakin update, make the nights DARK again and let the lights actually mean something instead of a damn fashion statement. These new lasers are REALLY bright too and get in my way, I'll be staying with the default red one.
    You wanted honest feedback so this was my honest feedback.
    I wasn't joking about the nights being ... night again. Make it DARK!
    • Up x 2
  3. Mormomboy

They do not seem to slow down the game at all.
    They look cool.
    Would love to see these in color.
    I think We should have the TR, NC, and VS logos as options. (Cheaper than other ones)
    Buying one mod should work on multiple guns if purchasing with SC. If buying with Certs should be uhh.... either 100 like the normal light, or up to 200 certs.
  4. Mormomboy

Well.... While I agree with much of what you said, the flashlight is often supposed to be a distraction. I equip them to help distract an enemy I am shooting at. Turn it on right as I am about to start shooting at him.

If they made these faction colored and still effective as dark lights, would that change your mind?
  5. Slegi

To be honest this is great idea and I am really looking forward to it, only it has few things that aren't good to me as the customer who plans to buy it.

Guys i think flashlight itself should be reworked:
    Maybe try to make basic flashlight look more natural and higher resolution at the first place, now it feels like The light doesn't have right angle, when you look at ground the inner circles are really strange...

Don't use the small resolution emblems you have,honestly that looks terribly pixelated. It seems like the Lucky Shot one has better resolution than the others and the difference is visible, actually i plan to buy the Lucky Shot.

Another thing fix light going throught the walls and objects.
    Aswell the vehicle lights could be more powerful ! It's lights what's the point to have huge lights but they shine only 1m infront of me... and if you dont want to get spotted just turn them off !

This game looks beautiful with all of the lights, explosions, glowing things and other stuff. That was actually one of the factors that kept me playing from start, just to see all that exploding and shining around. Please Don't save on those, keep it so people stare and enjoy, that's what makes this game EPIC.

I'm really looking forward for this project.

Regards
  6. Silence with a bang

Some of these look pretty interesting. On the question of functionality, they seem rather weak, though. Especially in combat, I can see some of the flashier ones attracting enemy attention.

However, what I would be interested in is a full red flashlight. Red Light doesn't actually interfere with natural night vision to the degree which white light does, and it is a fairly low profile color, which means you might have an extra nanosecond before an enemy player notices you.

Overall, the flashlight gels are an interesting idea, and are pretty fun overall. Their only current problem is functionality, and I don't think I could see myself wielding one (unless it was just red, as I mentioned before) in combat.
  7. Snoozzzer

Will buy the sexy demon girl, weird smiley face and rainbow so long as the total is less than 700 smed bucks
  8. SoggyCow

thats funny cause last night i killed a guy because i knew where he was going when his flashlight gave him away.
    i think more people should use flashlights.. easy targets for me. i change my mind, i support this completely.
    my KDR is about to have a spike ^^
  9. Mastachief

So long as the darklight function works alongside these i will buy a cool one
  10. Scure

I just totally agree. Stop making the game more and more stupid. This gel thing is a totally bad idea. SOE... you want to attract kids? They playing with Titanfall and Battlefield which has a totally solid style and not a circus randomness.
    • Up x 5
  11. nubery

This
    • Up x 9
  12. cruczi

What's next, optional and customizable footstep imprints?
    • Up x 1
  13. Mormomboy

Its funny, that is how I usually feel about Infiltrators with lumifiber.... why of all classes where they given lumifiber...

That is why when I have a flashlight equipped I only turn it on for a moment. In fact my infiltrator is the only class I use it on with my stalker cloak and crossbow. Sure surprises people some times ;)
  14. eldarfalcongravtank

then what speaks against adding actually MEANINGFUL cosmetics to the game, cosmetics that many people would like to see?

- more face variants per faction
    - custom hair for males as well as longer hair for females
    - a fix to decals on composite armor
    - much more decal variants
    - custom decal positions on vehicles (go look at War Thunder how they did it)
    - flareguns/fireworks that actually illuminate the night
    - more camo coverage for all factions
    - horns for tanks

because these flashlight gels are probably the most pointless thing i can imagine in this game
    • Up x 5
  15. SpruceMoose

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  16. GeekDucks

My friends and I games will not load past the player options screen. We select our players, and then the client shuts down. Our locations are throughout the southern U.S.
  17. tf2hero

18. Kylemyers

I hope I speak for EVERYONE, but we really want that year-promised Hossin and continent locking. Also, dat idea for the outfit base, I think that it would flow better for individual bases, without making it feel like Clash of Clans

(This vid really points out the pains, plz hear me out)
  19. STR1D3R109

I dont really like the ones with the opaque backgrounds, they dont seem to work too well, The skull ones are pretty cool.

Id like to see the position of the skull one to be down more so the headshot is in the direct middle of the crossair, that would be sweet.
    Also just some basic coloured ones (Id use outside of party mode) would be sweet. :3
  20. vsae

Million times this.
    • Up x 2