Flashbangs were buffed, why not concussions too?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Klondor, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Klondor

As it stands right now, here are the Pros and Cons of the two grenades.

Flash-bang
    Pros:
    • Completely blinds and deafens enemies that are in the blast radius for 5 seconds.
    • 1.5 second fuse
    • No grenade indicator
    • Costs 25 Nanites to use .
    Cons:
    • No indicator means that you can lose your own grenade in the chaos and possibly blind yourself/allies.
    • Any enemy caught just outside the radius only receives mild gamma increase.
    • Can be countered by the Clear Vision implant.
    Concession Grenade:
    Pros:
    • Enemy movement impaired for 5 seconds
    • Blurs vision of any enemy caught within reasonable radius
    • Aim and mouse sensitivity greatly decreased.
    • If concussed by 2 consecutive grenades, enemies can have their controls reversed.
    Cons:
    • Enemies can still see you and shoot back while concussed.
    • Grenade indicator eliminates the element of surprise.
    • 3 second fuse allows enemies to run from it's effective range, significantly reducing the effect.
    • Costs 50 nanites to use.
    • Can be countered by the Clear Vision implant.
    • Anyone using a DPI controllable mouse can completely negate the mouse sensitivity decrease effect.
    --------------------
    Having no indicator for your grenade is a huge boon because it retains the most important part: Surprise.
    Given the concussion grenade is meant for breaching and eliminating stunned targets, it should be a surprise weapon and not have an indicator. The flash-bang does the concussions job better right now, it may not impair the enemy's movement, but being blind, and deaf causes panic. People run into walls to escape, or out of doors into enemy fire, they just go crazy. With concussions, you can still see who's attacking you, and you can even kill them if they fall into your sight, or have the ability to change the DPI settings on your mouse (i know because i do it, i'm cheesy like that)
    What are your thoughts? Would you rather see conqs get buffed, or not and for what reasons?
  2. DarkStarII

The blinding radius on the flash grenade is very small. With the concussion grenades you only need to catch them in the blast radius to get any results, making them much more reliable.