Flash suppressors

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by LazyAsian, Apr 29, 2015.

1. LazyAsian

Just a question, is the flash suppressor worth for the no weapon flash for the added 20%(!) bloom?

(I'm testing this on NC assault rifles, because NC has [in my opinion] the least bloom.)

And does anyone know which gun in the NC catalog of guns has the most muzzle flash?
  2. day ofm one

Well, in my time in PlanetSide 2 I never used a Flash Suppressor...
    Either a Suppressor or a Compensator, muzzle flash was never an importance in CQC for me.
  3. johnway

I must admit i have found uses for the flash suppressor but i've never used it for an AR. In my experience using the Carv with the flash suppressor, it does help a lot. So many times i see targets muzzle flashes in the distance and i could say that more often then not fewer guns are pointed in my direction. Hell when i play as infiltrator, the first thing i do is cloak have a look around to see where all the flashes are, get into cover recharge and prepare the shot.

But that said, i really need to see what its like with ARs. i might try VR and go there.
  4. Littleman

Gauss rifles actually bloom more per shot, but shoot slower so... However, if you're moving while shooting, Gauss Rifles also tend to start with a wider bloom than 143 weapons. Standing still, a tighter bloom.

I generally don't run flash suppressors because I really don't care to shoot for 2-3 round bursts. Gotta go for 5-7 personally, just as bloom becomes noticeable at any practical engagement range. If you want to hide the flash, go silencer. It comes with the added benefit of lowering weapon volume and keeping you off radar when firing. If the lower ammo velocity is an issue, it's time to unspoil yourself. Lower velocity is actually a minor and easily overcome issue that pays off in the long run.
  5. Iridar51

6. Vorpal_Spork

Muzzle flash is irrelevant. You have a triangle floating over your head. It's not like you have any chance of not being seen.
  7. Casterbridge

Unless you haven't been spoted, then the ability to fire off some shots without giving away (visually) your position becomes valuable.

I generally don't use them but Iridar has a point in his guide, using them at night, or anytime you can reliably maintain a low visibility position can give you an advantage.
  8. Skiptrace

If your not reccomended to use a regular Suppressor or Compensator for the gun, you should be running a Flash Suppressor. The 20% bloom is not a big deal, and you gain added stealth.