Flash lag is back?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pikachu, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Pikachu

For the last 3 days I have noticed that a certain old annoyance is back. That of the game not understanding that the player exited the flash until at least a second too late.

The consequence is that flashes accelerate and turns after you have exited if you start walking, and that lock-on missiles can kill you even if you jump out in the last second. In the later case the missile often tracks the player instead of the vehicle.

Old cr*p coming back.

Edit:
    Lag for roadkills too like 1 second.
  2. sIcGER

?
    [IMG]

edit: omg - i had to read it .. several times to understand what you are talking about...

so - when you are driving a flash and get tracked by a lock-on you will get hit after you jumped off the flash ... is that right ?

if so ... sucks ...
  3. Moridin6

i ran over a max not moving, nothing, turned around ran over him again, nothing, 3rd time? nope, ran out of cloak
    then he ran off

smh
    • Up x 1
  4. Pikachu

Yes. Jump out the last second and the missile hits you instead of the flash.
  5. sIcGER

since i dont have any g2g launcher unlocked, i can only assume 1 lock-on is enough to kill a flash ? (i know 1 dumbfire is enough)

if so, could it be that the lock-on will kill the flash, while you die to the explosion of the vehicle ?

if the lock-on hits you instead of the flash, the flash would survive and could possibly still be there when you respawn. was this the case sometime ?
  6. Liewec123

now drive 15m past a friendly max and prepare for the flurry of hate tells as he randomly drops down dead as your roadkill victim.
    ps2 logic!
    • Up x 1