Flash jumps

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WUNDER8AR, Aug 17, 2013.

1. WUNDER8AR

I just recently discovered Flash+Turbo (used to run scout radar exclusively from the get-go), and while it is super fun it is also frustrating as hell at times. The usual landing upside down aside, is there a rule of thumb regarding when my flash is going to explode instantly when I land on the ground? I mean height/ speed? It just seems to be totally random to me. Sometimes I fly like 50 meters or more at full speed and land on the ground unharmed. The other time I instantaniously explode the moment I touch the ground although I seem to land in a perfect angle.
  2. Goretzu

That's just the Flash.

If you want to jump and actually survive do it in a Harasser - that thing flies better than an ESF much of the time.
  3. WUNDER8AR

True. Tho I'm a man. Harassers in PS2 are like SUVs irl. A vehicle that was developed with the intention to induce a feeling of safety and superiority to their, primarily female, drivers.
  4. Metallic123

Short answer - no. But being the dare devil you are it doesn't sound like you mind the risk.
  5. WUNDER8AR

Indeed, I don't really mind it. I'd still like to be able to judge it to some degree though. At least in those three minutes where my flash is on cooldown.
  6. theholeyone

Late model SUVs maybe; harrassers, only if you drive em like your nan drives a micra. Drive em like a man and you'll need to learn the roll controls for sweet mid air barrel rolls and landing jumps, or even just going down hills at speed.
  7. Goretzu

In that case you need to perfect exiting and reboarding your Flash in mid-air like any man would do.
  8. Zombekas

A true flash explodes when it wants to explode :cool:
  9. Zombekas

Accidental double-post, sorry. Too bad I can't delete posts.
  10. WUNDER8AR