[Suggestion] Flash is OP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ConradHorse, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Kanil

The Flash is the least powerful ground vehicle in the game, there's virtually nothing it can do that another vehicle can't do better. I don't see why you'd want to nerf it -- do we really need another completely unviable, purely transport vehicle? Isn't the Valkyrie enough?

I mean, there's not a lot of vehicles in this game as-is, do you really just want to fight MBTs all day and nothing else... ever?
    • Up x 1
  2. Takara

Very much disagree....

Harassers have a higher top speed and just as good if not better handling. The fact that I can focus on driving well my gunner shoots makes it much easier to drive through difficult terrain and kill people/vehicles.

I will give you two flashes with any weapon you want and promise you I will not only kill both flashes with my harasser, but I promise you with our repairing I can kill you each at least five times over again.

Don't get me wrong I go out on flash runs when I'm in solo mode just looking to get some kills and kill some time. I have gotten runs of 30+ kills in one life with one. But I've done far better with the Harasser. *Shrugs* Killing infantry as a flash is mostly a waste of time. You never kill enough fast enough to make a difference in most fights. The best way to be effective is jumping in on lighting fights or MBT fights to throw them in the favor of your friendly forces. Beyond that it's just planetside masturbation (kill whoring)
  3. Dj Gus

You guys are running out of things that you can ask to be nerfed...
  4. Moonheart

Could we get a forum nerf?

Forum is OP, it totaly destroys any weapon or vehicle it targets, can be wield even by BR1 people that have no experience about the targeted weapon, requiers no munition, and breaks game balance!
  5. Alexkruchev

The Flash -shouldn't- be good as a gun platform. It is currently, but it shouldn't. I did miss-write my post: I meant -either- basilisk and kobalt only, OR stealth is exclusive to weaponry. My apologies. And I do actually enjoy the 20mm Basilisk-F. It's amusing to see the confused spasms of lightnings and MBTs when I plink them in the **** from 100m away for 5 seconds, and then cloak and they turn around and there's nothing there. They assume it was a passing sundy or Harasser, turn back around, I decloak, and resume plinking. I have not killed tanks this way. I have, however, forced them to stop what they are doing and look for me. Which they never find me, and stop camping my team's spawn, so, hilarity.

The Flash shouldn't be an effective combat vehicle. If you want that, it should be Harassers doing what people pull solo flashes for. I also frequently solo harasser and it is quite useful if you know what you're doing with a kobalt or Halberd-H.

My main problem is I can't find a counter to stealth-flash gameplay. There's just nothing an infantryman can do about a stealth flash. Unless he screws up, you are dead.
  6. QQmore

I can't believe the scrubs are now calling for nerfs on the flash. It's a death trap, and if you do manage to get kills with it kudos to you, you deserve them. Here's a thought, try shooting at the flash, or the rider. Either one dies to a very small amount of damage. I can't remember the last time a flash killed me with it's gun. Yeah sometimes I get run over by enemy ones, at about the same frequency as a team mate runs me over. It's not OP, git gud.
  7. Moonheart

1- Wraith is -not- as good as another gun plateform

According to the Oracle, actualy, the best AV weapon for the Harasser Fury destroys, per hour of use, more that four times the amount of vehicles than the best AV weapon for the Flash does. Even accounting there are two peoples in an harasser, it still make the harasser more than two times more efficient than the Wraith as a combat vehicle.

2- You are not the one to decide which vehicle should be an effective combat vehicle

The gamedesigners turned the flash into a combat vehicle for a good reason: to give the infiltrator a tool to not feel completly powerless when the battle turns to an armored fight.
    The fact you feel threatned by the Wraith is made -on purpose- and you have do deal with it

3- Not being able to find a way to counter Wraiths is your own problem

Other drivers do. I have almost auraxiumed my Fury-F, and still yesterday, I have been torn into pieces a dreadful amount of times, sometimes often even before I even had the chance to uncloak to shoot.
    I have chased a single Lightning 1vs1 for about 10mn without being able to make it blow, the driver didn't even had to jump out to repair once, and the only moment he did was to lay tank mines on my path.

We are counterable. Not knowing how doesn't make our vehicle OP.
  8. Noooooch

It's not OP but it is very irritating to get shotgunned by a cloaked renegade flash. Cheese at it's finest... these higbies deserve a deci to their flash.
  9. Crator

I can't be this bad! Must nerf something!
    • Up x 1
  10. Moonheart

Nerf the need for nerfs?