[Suggestion] Flash is OP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ConradHorse, Jul 26, 2015.

1. ConradHorse

Just like in the title. Flash with all these mortars and shotguns? U kidding? For only 50 nanites you get a harrasser that is not a harraser , you get stealth capability harraser doesnt, you get shoot+drive capability harraser doesnt have, you get a 360* passenger gunner harraser doesnt have... you can destroy tanks with the mortar and lose 3 vehicles vs 1 that can do the same + need a dedicated main gunner. flash should not have any guns at all or should be incredibly slow and unmaneuverable with a gun. It should take damage when ramming infantry and the driver should take damage when ramming infantry and even be killed at high speeds.
    • Up x 7
  2. Scr1nRusher

what.......
    • Up x 5
  3. Campagne

I kind of have to agree with this, but only due to having both very powerful AI weapons and a cloak active at the same time, as well as being able to drive through crowds of players with no detriments to the flash or occupants, all while being spawned from any ground terminal and costing only 50 nanites.
    • Up x 5
  4. ConradHorse

Im a flash user and I think it's op. I never take harasser coz it's a waste of nanites, I can be harraser in one vehicle, alone, not needeng anyone to gun me. It's op and it spoils the game.
    • Up x 1
  5. ConradHorse

good point - if it cloaks, it should not be able to have a gun mounted at all
    + it shoud take damage from ramming infantry
    • Up x 4
  6. Scr1nRusher

Flashes are not OP.

They... flashes. They can die to anything pretty much.
    • Up x 2
  7. Archiadus

* A risky move that more often than not results in no gains due to latency issues.
  8. ConradHorse

anything but infantry... and it is the lighting tank and harasser that should be anti-infantry. flash was intended as a fast transport vehicle not anti-infantry and anti-tank weapon as it is used now. I personally use flash and I don't mount the gun at all coz I think it's so op I pity all those people who'd meet... HA + FLASH MORTAR:D

Edit: added anti-tank :)
  9. FateJH

Things can be overpowered and flimsy at the same time. When these two conditions are allowed to get in the way of each other, then it can count as balanced. For the Flash, however, they are mutually exclusive conditions because the strength of the frame has no bearing on the power of the weapons or the reason why a combat Flash can be a good platform.
    • Up x 1
  10. ConradHorse

the main problem is that flash outruns harasser (or even a lightning - HA+mortar) by the means of firepower, efficiency of manpower (driver-gunner + 360* gunner vs driver, gunner and 180* worthless rear gunner for 3x cost)
    Harasser compared to flash is totally ineficient, because it needs 2 people to even man a weapon, plus these 2 poeple make one gun while for flash 2 people = 2 guns) and flash can cloak. Besides , people abuse flash to ram infantry (they drive by sunderers so big ping is their ally, coz it works against people around sunderers , not the ones in flash)
  11. Campagne

It isn't very risky when you're invisible though.

As for results, I've run over plenty of poor fools in my days with a harasser to know first hand that it doesn't take much time to learn where to aim for to get an easy roadkill.
  12. ColonelChingles

It really should be like the Stalker cloak where it disables your weapon or something.
    • Up x 3
  13. Campagne

I agree completely.
    • Up x 1
  14. WetPatch

Hate to say it but Wraith Fury Flash are OP.

It sounds completely stupid saying it, but after spending 10 mins hunting one in a Lightning that was just driving up behind people unleashing a mag into its target or running them over and then becoming completely invisible to rinse and repeat, then yes I agree with the topic starter.
    • Up x 3
  15. Tommyp2006

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  16. Foxirus

The flash isn't even remotely OP. It takes literally one shot from anything not small arms to kill it. This thread is a joke.
    • Up x 3
  17. Necron

What he said.
  18. Call-Me-Kenneth

the guns are fine, the cloaked flashes running infantry and maxes over, not at all.

the flash should lose the cloak when running ppl over, and should take damage + lose the cloak + and get a momentary mayor speed reduction when running over a max.
    • Up x 2
  19. Ginjix

I say running over people should damage the vehicle at least, even just lightly
    • Up x 2
  20. Iridar51

To me, Wraith Flash always seemed like an insertion tool, to help a sniper get into position, or for an actual infiltrator to, well, infiltrate. It went without saying that it shouldn't be able to mount weapons and be able to cloak at the same time, and it was okay, because combat was not its main goal.

But even in their current form they would be more or less okay if they at least used their own cloaking shader. Instead they use the same one as infiltrators, which has very short range - in terms of vehicles' movement speed - before it becomes completely invisible.

Also, as someone who was VERY lucky to stay in one piece after rolling over a quad moving at 50 KPH, I say these things are much less maneuverable and sturdy than what they game shows.
    • Up x 1