Flash calldowns: Can it be used to assault enemies?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Demigan, May 23, 2017.

1. Demigan

So I just used the map to call in a Flash (this option isn't available in the VR room of the PTS. For those that don't know and want to try it out: Just open the map or press ALT and hover over the minimap, rightmouse to get the waypoint scrolldown menu and select A.N.V.I.L Flash).

A Droppod comes down and spawns a Flash on that location. Naturally I immediately jumped underneath and let myself be crushed.

At which point I thought, this thing has a 100m range (right? I don't remember) and would be perfect as a type of artillery to flush out enemies behind small amounts of cover out in the open. Can this happen? Has anyone tried to do this on an enemy player? It could be an annoying feature to have a Stalker for example spawn in Flashes on top of players, if only to force them to move, or to distract them after which you kill them while they might try to destroy the Flash. That seems like an unwanted feature to me.
    Although it would be a lot of fun to spawn them on Infiltrators and the like. The hologram is smaller than the Droppod, so people will in all likelyhood not even notice it if you spawn is right behind them so the pod still crushes them.
    • Up x 1
  2. Liewec123

lol i was wondering the same, i could see it being a valid tactic! XD
    i imagine if it can crush you then it can crush enemies too!
  3. Kristan

It would be a sweet solution to squash static snipers. Just wait for the red dot on the radar.
    • Up x 2
  4. Demigan

Looks like it's already gone from the test server.
  5. Weylin

Less exploitable to have it materialize slowly like player-made fort objects imo
  6. TR5L4Y3R

commence steehhl reeehn tacticts?
  7. Zagareth

Lets have a zerg an rain flashes on the enemy - what a ******* idea :D
  8. Corezer

It would happen more to sunderers on defense I think...
  9. Corezer

yall be in 2017 complaining about c4 fairies, meanwhile I be in 2207 already droppin flashes with an infiltrator!