Flak Armor Broken on Direct hits

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Torok, Dec 19, 2013.

1. deggy

Depending on how Flak and NMG interact, a Heavy with Flak 5 and a NMG active could theoretically survive a Titan-150 AP round.

I'm thinking NMG adds ~500 health, which means you'd have to deal 3000 damage if Flak 5 applies to the extra health. Titan-150 AP does a total of 2575 damage.
  2. MedecineMan

On direct hits you say? Flak armor is meant to mitigate damage from explosions, not direct hits so I would say working as intended. You get hit directly by a high damage explosive you should die plain and simple.
  3. Klypto

I've had it tested on the test server before the patch and all the shell types punched right through all heavy shield types. I might have to have it tested again on live since they are fixing flack (rather vaguely) in the hotfix to see if anything has changed, but so far I have not had anyone survive Titan AP rounds to the chest.
  4. deggy

Good.

Let's hope FPC rounds work the same way.
  5. MajiinBuu

I think flak armor was over-buffed.
    Nobody should be able to survive a decimator to the face, or even a brick of C4.
    Yesterday, threw C4 on the ground at someone. Blew it up(love the confetti btw) and we were both alive :eek:
    • Up x 1
  6. KAHR-Alpha

Words fail me to describe the amount of stupidity involved in that decision...

Are AP lightnings safe at least... ?
  7. starecrow

"It doesn't do anything."

"That's the beauty of it!"
  8. Gundem

Not even AP lightnings.
  9. Gundem

Unfortunately, Infantryside whined that they couldn't reduce tanks to certs and rubble without any effort, so now Flack armor was buffed.

Now it doesn't take any effort at all.
  10. Gundem

NMG Actually adds 700 Sheild, just so you know.
  11. KAHR-Alpha

[IMG]
  12. Gundem

There there little Tanker

Gundem is here with his Colbaltmobile

He'll make all those bad ol mean ol infantries go away
  13. KAHR-Alpha

Seriously, this is so completely stupid I have no idea if they even thought about it.

Having to get both shots on someone with an AP-Prowler is awful, but I can live with it. But having to do the same with a lightning... seriously? It doesn't even have the "use an AI gunner" excuse.

Are AP-Magrider safe?
  14. deggy

So far.

Although the Saron takes 3 direct hits to kill Flak 5 infantry.

That's half the damn clip.