Fixing the Heavy Assualt

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Dead soldier, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Dead soldier

Right now as it currently stands Heavy Assualt is the easiest/best/most overpowered class to play as. Why? because they have a ***** shield that blocks 700 damage by default. they're guns hold 100 rounds normally and are pretty accurate. Also they can carry a rocket launcher that can destroy vehicles and strikers that can break all physics and kill anything. How can we make this balanced to all the other classes? Maybe reduce the accuracy of the LMG's of the game? Maybe make there be a charge up of the shield that takes 1-2 seconds for the shield to work so u can't sneak up on a heavy knife him twice and still not kill him. Something that needs to be done is fix the striker. Get rid of atleast 1 of the rockets because, still, atleast 1 rocket goes through the flares and still hits you.

SOE please take one or more of these suggestions and fix this because I can't play with this where i get the drop on a heavy and his shield saves him or just mows me down with his LMG from a range that i can't even hit him with a sniper. (maybe because i'm a terrible shot but you get the point 50-60 meters away is about the range)
  2. Cromell

Heavy Assaults are the backbone of every army. They are supposed to be "overpowered". They trade support abilities, mobility and stealth for tons of firepower and durability. The way I see it, it's not meant to be "balanced", it's made to be THE main fighting class.
    Yes, they are the easiest class to play. That's perfectly fine, because new players need something with witch they can stand a chance on the battlefield. More experienced players will switch to other classes for they offer more interesting gameplay than just pointing and shooting.

Also, another striker thread? Made my day.
    • Up x 6
  3. Sossen

You want 1v1 balance?

Play COD.
    • Up x 2
  4. deggy

There's nothing wrong with Heavies. If you want to prove that the Heavy Assault class is OP, take a video of you playing as one, and post it.

Heavies can't drive vehicles (well, they CAN, but it's not a good idea), they can't repair things, they can't revive people, hack terminals, fly, drop ammo, turn invisible, or any of the other special stuff other classes can do.

Also, if you take a look at the LMG class of weapons, they actually suck. Like, a lot.

Let's compare. Polaris versus H-V45. Both CQC guns, one of them is an LMG and the other is an AR.

Clip Size:
    Polaris: 100
    H-V45: 30

Damage:
    Polaris: 143/125
    H-V45: 143/112

Falloff:
    Polaris: 75m
    H-V45: 60m

RoF:
    Polaris: 652 RPM
    H-V45: 800 RPM

Accuracy (no attachments) (lower is better):
    Polaris:
    • Crouch
      • ADS
        • Still: 0.1
        • Moving: 0.2
      • Hip
        • Still: 2
        • Moving: 2.5
    • Standing
      • ADS:
        • Moving: 0.35
      • Hip
        • Still: 2.5
        • Moving: 3
    H-V45:
    • Crouch
      • ADS
        • Moving: 0.2
      • Hip
        • Still: 1
        • Moving: 1.5
    • Standing
      • ADS:
        • Moving: 0.35
      • Hip
        • Still: 1.5
        • Moving: 2
    Reload:
    Polaris: 4.2/5.1
    H-V45: 2.565/3.2

So the LMG has worse accuracy while hipfiring, worse reload times, lower RPM (and therefore lower DPS) in exchange for a larger magazine, more damage at range (it's a CQC gun, why do you want this?)
    • Up x 2
  5. Verenz

Don't you dare forget the fast move speed whilst ADS.

But no this is just another "the class which is meant to dominate infantry is dominating infantry" thread.

I like "I can't play a game where I get the drop on a heavy and he wins anyway", dude play heavy then. Medic/engi are supposed to lose, and LA will win if the drop is good enough (firing firs tis not "getting the drop" btw).

What is so hard to understand about the HA being the front-line infantry class, it's better than BF3 where everyone is just medic training - you actually have to chose between the ability to cheat death and superior combat performance in this game AND AR's are amazing (doesn't help that VS have the worst AR's and the best lmg's tho lol).

People always say the TTK is to low - well there you go, play HA.
  6. deggy

Don't talk ugly about my H-V45, it's the best damn gun in the game :eek:

From what I've seen, the Heavy was given the LMG to make him a suppressive class. With an Engi behind him, he can hold down a lane until his friendlies arrive to push forward. LMGs are really, really awful at 1v1, dueling situations.

It's almost like the LMG was given to the Heavy Assault to MAKE UP for the Shield. It's almost a nerf.
  7. TheRighteous

Heavy assaults are absolutely fine.
    I play infiltrator mostly. As long as you take them by suprise you're fine.
    As far as im concerned, the only way you should win in a 1vs 1 with a heavy assault is if you have better accuracy.
  8. Verenz

I hope you don't think I disagree with you.

Yeah HV-45 is basically my GR-22 and seeing as how I prefer the very similar carnage for all but the closest work (where 50rpm plus SPA might make the difference) I would consider my weapons categorically better (as for comparring the polaris to the em1....), also my gauss rifle is far stonger than the corvus.

My AR power list would be:
    1. Carnage.
    2. NC/TR defaults. { These 4
    3. TAR and sabre. {are close
    4. GR-22/HV-45.
    5. Cycler TRV.
    6. NS-11/VS default.
    7. CME.
    8. Reaper and corvus.

Whether NC or TR has it best is debatable (I lean to NC) but there is no way I would put VS anywhere close, it's like NC carbines - they just suck in comparison.
  9. Hrafnagaldr

This isnt a HA thread, its a nerf the Striker thread? Am I right?
    Seriously, I only got 1 LMG with a 100 round base clip and it is only good for CQC, but has low dps. And I have no access to the Striker.

Nerf Medics, they can heal, revive and stuff. Plus carry the awesome H-V45.
    • Up x 1
  10. YamiNoTenshi

What? The class that is the infantrys counter to vehicles is also great at killing other infantry? What is this magic!?! NERF THEM ALL!
    • Up x 1
  11. HerpTheDerp

Fixing All Classes In Planetside 2

A Ten Minute Treatise By HerpTheDerp, sqr

1. Copy everything from Battlefield 2142
    2. ???
    3. Profit
  12. TheTreeness

Nothing's wrong with the HA. Just that the majority of players are too stupid to realise that when you play another class your not playing HA.

Too many SMG/BR infiltrators, non-shotgun LAs, non-shotgun Engineers and medics carrying less than or equal to 750 RPM weapons thinking they can assault me from the front and win the engagement.
  13. Posse

Depends on what LMG you're using, in the case of VS, the Orion is like a heavier Assault Rifle, the difference in DPS with the H-V45 is minimal and you have a bit more range and more ammo. And the SVA-88 while having less DPS, still has a pretty good TTK and at mid range is way too accurate.
  14. CL4p2p

If you try to kill an HA with your LA or engi in 1on1 you will die....

I play most of my time on HA , and I assure you that a Sniper can easly kill you , 3 LA can f*ck your *** even with Resist shield (excluding HA noobtubing) and all the Vehicule can kill you if you don't pay attention...

So no, the HA is fine like this, just stop trying to kill a Heavy 1 on 1 with a Light Medic or Engie....
  15. Shiaari

I should point out that comparing reload time between these weapons is a little specious. The H-V45 may reload almost twice as fast... but it needs to reload much much more often.

I see your overall point however, yes HA is by no means the best thing out there. It's why I don't bother with CQC anything on my HA, I use the Ursa.

Overall very good comparison.
  16. vanu123

That is the HA job. Personally when I play HA I die from enemy medics more than other HA. Striker (thank God) is being fixed within either the next patch or the patch after. Knifing IMO should be similar to BF3/BF4 but is fine as is for now.
  17. Mxiter

The real VS's CQC LMG is the orion.

But i agree with the rest, HA are balanced, they are the first line trooper and those which get all them XP from what they kill/damages contrarely to infiltrators/medics/engeneers that have others purposes.
    LA is different but have it stregths (mobility and C4 synergy)
  18. Ganjis

From a SPM basis, using my own stats:
    1 Medic 482 (6%)
    2 MAX 454 (6%)
    3 LA 440 (7%)
    4 Engy 366 (55%)
    5 HA 310 (23%)
    6 Infil 199 (3%)

(Percentages are usage rates)

HA does not look at all OP. Admittedly my low-rate, high-score classes come from using them when they will have the most impact. However, that is just sensible play. You generally need and expect more HA than any other class. They are cannon-fodder.
  19. hammyhamm

The heavy assault could have missile launcher moved to engineer, engineer should have to choose between turrets and rocket launcher, give heavy assault the ammo pack... wait I'm describing BF3 again (hint: a game with pretty much the same class issues that came to this exact balance after a few tries)
  20. LenaQuin

- running in front of the other infantry as a heavy assault attacking a base
    - Enemy uses a tank
    - nothing to do here
    - playing cards with infiltrators until the engineer got rid of the tanks

Sounds like a good idea for a "heavy assault" class, really a "heavy assault" style of play. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1