Fix Your Net Code

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AlcyoneSerene, Jun 27, 2019.

1. AlcyoneSerene

I've had it. Enough is enough.

Dying meters behind cover.

Players teleporting wildly.

Hits not registering.

Instant death headshots from range of non-sniper rifles.

Invisible Players popping up.

Unfair advantages for certain players repeatedly.

Ping Wizards landing sniper shots from range without misses on fast moving spam-crouching targets.

Players moving as if on Fast Forward. Instant weapon switches, health packs.

No damage registered against certain players. At all.

Please let there be an alternative to pingwarside2 so I can uninstall and never look back.
    • Up x 1
  2. iller

You can't really "fix" the theoretical "Speed of Light".

Now what they COULD do, is don't allow that Corner peaking (haha j/k, we know a bunch of them are running CHAMS or a lagswitch) Rambo to put an entire clip of DPS into another player's head UNTIL the server itself has calculated that the player on the receiving end who is out in the open actually has VISIBILITY line of Sight to the player who started shooting at him over 375+ (round trip latency + server ticks) milliseconds ago...

...just let that greedy ***hole burn half his Magazine on a player but not deal any actual damage until the Server confirms that the're both on even fighting terms, Geometrically Speaking!
  3. typnct

the best solution is usually client side instead of server side
    both players send each other packets directly and the server tells em who to send em//
    its basically the system from cs 1.6 and to this day is the most competitive

though its more vulnerable to hacks and such, but you wont die behind a corner and your overall latency will be reduced by more than half and you wont have an unfair advantage unless you dont send packets(bad isp)
  4. iller

yeah.. I know.... I was a DOD & Cs Admin *hangs head in regret*

That's why I hate that half ***** solution so much, it never gave us the option of completely washing our hands for good of all the Wallhackers (even if all you owned was photoshop, YOU too could be a wallhacker to a limited degree, it was real dumb)
  5. OneShadowWarrior

I agree with this post. I have posted many times that those with a good connection always get penalized by those with a bad connection .

We won’t know until they get the server latency under control if these are cheats or exploits. Servers have been a hot topic issue since DX11.

They might have achieved better performance with DX11 but at other costs, graphic issues, rendering concerns, animation bugs and all types of client hit detection anomalies. I try my best to bug report these things as I see them, but I don’t know if it is ever enough.
  6. TR5L4Y3R

just uninstall and move on then, cause there wont be a propper PS2 alternative ...
  7. typnct

Too true.
    i think this game is gonna be like space station 13 in the end imo, this game is one of a kind and any attemp at replicating it results in a failure(currently more than 15 recorded attempts)
    And ps2 is even more entangled in each other that any changes might cause a lot of bugs
    • Up x 1
  8. iller

And there won't be ANYTHING even close to it in the Genre either. ....Every other freakin' game that's even SciFi, is another stupid "GAMES AS A SERVICE" Looter-Shooter. ...cranked out even less half finished than this one was. It's so bad that the Division2 is now the best case scenario you can hope for in online shooters (and that game is mediocre at best). There is f*** all on the horizon for massive Projectile physics based battles unless you want to main a Wizard or an Elf or some fantasy character...

...and definitely nothing you can fly an Agile aircraft or dunebuggy in
  9. petrosstorm1

I wanna get into this debate and state that I noticed unexpected traffic numbers on my network. I monitor my network all the time and noticed that on a Windows 10 Enterprise install, without any background processes or services, planetside itself pulled 1mb/s in download speed. This of course would have its toll on ADSL type connections. Maybe you are experiencing the same thing?
  10. iDante

hits not registering is also issue caused by macro exploiters, you can use macro to spam crouch or ADAD at godspeed and game wont keep up with this so most of the hits doesnt register, wish they banned all macro abusers
    • Up x 1
  11. AlcyoneSerene

Task manager reports 0.4 Mbps used by PS2, but I haven't tracked it regularly. I get good, steady connection for both Emerald and Connery, over ADSL physical line. Nothing else on the OS draws internet speed, and nobody in the house uses it, my PC works flawlessly too.
  12. AlcyoneSerene

Past few days it feels like servers have declined steadily.

The amount of absurd in-game moments I can only laugh now. Out loud. Connection steady and fine as always.

Sniper just appears, decloaks and drops dead all at once. Suddenly I drop dead from apparent shot to the head from that sniper around the most random rock. Seconds later.

Getting killed by magic bullets around not just one, but two corners, not 2 meters away but now 3 and 4!

Both dying to duels that last way too long.

Magic effect of getting slowed before dying, unable to aim despite being alive.

"""Sniper""" rifle-like deaths after turning corners. That short TTK not possible even with all headshots.

Invisible players all appearing at once.

Invisible vehicles all appearing at once.

Planetside2, what's going on? Game has always been kinda poor, but now this is comedy.
  13. Tumdaydar

I will say this for you guys i have noticed that becosue the lag and cheater more and more players are leaving the game and not wanting to play becouse of this. If any of did not know if you use a lag-switch you breack your turms of service in game and in use of the contract of the internet. I am starting to think most not all of the players i do fight are cheating in one way or another becouse when i shoot sometimes i cant shot them or i hit them but they take 0 damage so ya they are cheating. The lag-switcher is the one were you will see them skipping around the map and wont be able to hit no mater what you do. In most of the time i have played i do see lots of cheaters and no action is being done witch is couseing your issues that anoye everyone.
  14. Scatterblak

That's where you're wrong. The actual ping/latency issues have little to do with what we perceive as lag - it's a lack of accurate server-side game-state prediction and a similar client-side process to handle local events, and a hand-shake protocol to make sure they agree, or average them out when they don't. When Quake multiplayer first came out (you old guys like me will remember), it was *AWFUL* to play over TCP/IP. Same issues -- die after finding cover, players warping around, hits not registering, etc. After Quakeworld came out, though, latency compensation was built into the server and client. You might not be able to break the speed of light, but you can still build a client model where it seems like you did.

more here:

https://developer.valvesoftware.com...rver_In-game_Protocol_Design_and_Optimization
  15. Savadrin

There are definitely people who do **** in this game, but bro, you haven't been playing long enough to learn how to avoid being spawn camped, so forgive us if we don't lend proper weight to your opinion.