Fix your game man... like really

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sjtw_w_stot, Jun 8, 2015.

1. sjtw_w_stot

Just logged out. I sat at spawn for 2 minutes and as I sat there, I got multiple team kills. I was doing nothing, standing in spawn yet I was killing teammates somehow... How? I do not use prox... there is absolutely no way I was teamkilling.

I've spent a pretty penny on this free game in the time I've been here and what have we gotten in return? Crap. Pure an simple. 2 second response delays, excessive lag, 200+ latency. Is this what today's version of an FPS is? If so, I'd like to go back to the 2000's please.

Fix-your-broken-game. Immediate response times to key-presses in an FPS is what your primary goal is.
    I'm not spending another cent on crap & by the mass-exodus of players in the last couple weeks, looks like they've had enough as well.
    • Up x 3
  2. Hatesphere

sorry to hear you had a bad time, ive never had delays in any important key presses (weapon switch. nade all that jazz) and my ping sits at 70ms, YMMV
  3. Jake the Dog

No, problems here. Ive had weapon delay switches or it pulls the wrong weapon and gets stuck for a few seconds where I cant really do anything, but generally its a non-issue. In fact I'm pretty sure its a problem with my computer sucking badly.
  4. Kristan

Relax. That's because you're NC.
    • Up x 7
  5. Scr1nRusher

Did you have a sunderer deployed?

Because sometimes people will spawn but the sunderer doesn't render infront of them & then they will die to it.
    • Up x 1
  6. FieldMarshall

I just looked at your killboard. The 2 teamkills were from your sunderer.

I have no idea why, but my sunderer also teamkills people at random when it thinks im not looking. I have no idea what its doing but i wish it would do it to enemies.
    I have also had teamkills from debris from my own sunderer exploding and rolling over people.

Luckily it doesent happen too often, though i have heard stories of people getting weapons lock from deployed sunderers.
    • Up x 1
  7. FLHuk

Only ever been wep locked once. Deployed sundy 2013......

Feature :rollseyes:
  8. Chubzdoomer

Yesterday I saw someone type in chat that their Sunderer was killing everyone who spawned at it due to a screwed up spawn location or something like that, so it sounds like you probably ran into the same bug.
  9. RykerStruvian

Sundies get hungry.
    • Up x 3
  10. BrbImAFK

Where did you think Sundies got the nanites from to crap out all those redeploysiders...... eating random passersby! :eek:
  11. Problem Officer

Don't deploy your Sunderer in "creative" positions.
  12. Agnt

Another option is ramming damage. Can happen two ways basically.
    Ive got teamkill with sundy when someone decided to park hes flash full speed into my sunderer.
    Also when you got deployded bus and someone rams it with another bus or tank, it will move a little bit and mows down the ppls who spawned.
  13. Goretzu

Yeah deployed Sundys have always TK'd people when they slid across terrain (which bizarrely can happen on flat terrain, not just hills), but I think the recent issue/bug with vehicles randomly disapearing might well be adding too it TK-wise.

I've seen a teleporter bug recent where people appeared about 5m outside the teleporter than popped back inside it about 1-2 seconds after appearing, could be something like that too.
    • Up x 1
  14. customer548

Some people say they saw groups of sunderers, in the deep forests of Auraxis where nobody usuallly goes. They had no pilot. They were just here, honking at moon and drinking motor oil, drving in circles with no human around.

Did they mutated into aggressive Zombie sunderers ? Are they now totally out of control ? Can we fight them ? Can we still trust our friendly sunderers ?

Have science gone too far ?? :eek:
    • Up x 2
  15. MangoPunch

It's people... Nanites is people...
  16. Haquim

Played Faction:

TR: NC: VS:

If you have to ask, it has gone too far

Will going further increase Profit?

Yes - Then lets go further

No - For the safety of our valued workers we have decided to stop research

No

Edit : Obviously this forum doen't like it when I try to format my posts... goddamnit I hope its remotely readable now - EDIT2: It really hates me doing this...
  17. FateJH

Also, a long time ago, back when towers had their original configuration, I once died on the Crossroads Vehicle pad. Whenever a tank spawned on top of me, I somehow generated grief. As I had stepped away to get something to drink, I didn't realize until I had gotten back that my weapon was locked because I kept generating grief from being dead on the Vehicle Pad. It made no sense but it was amusing. I only hope my corpse really wasn't damaging any of my allies and it was just a quirk on my end.
  18. Stigma

Typically teamkills/grief that are happening repeatedly despite obviously not being caused by you are related to vehicles you have left behind somewhere. Vehicles can sometimes "vibrate" next to eachother to cause greif points throguh mini-collisions, or in some rare cases sunderers can spawn peple into positions where they just get squished instantly. It's pretty rare that such things happen though.

If you become affected by something like this it is typically enough to log out and back in again - as this clears ownership of whatever vehicle might be causing the issues.

-Stigma
  19. sjtw_w_stot

I'm going to have to side with this one, most probable. Yeah I prolly did have a sundy pulled. I pull and leave them behind all the time.
  20. ronjahn

Once parked a Sundy on the edge of the cliff above broken arch in a way that caused everyone to fall to their death as soon as they spawn. Tons of death, no tks, no grief. Muahahahhaha