[Suggestion] Fix TR max lockdown

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Brad seven, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Brad seven

I think anybody playing on TR will agree that lockdown for our maxes is one of the most useless abilities in our arsenal. While it CAN be useful from time to time, It is extremely situational. You can go into lockdown to cover a doorway which is ok, UNTIL an enemy heavy walks up and shoots a rocket at you, he ducks behind the doorway taking minimal damage, shoots another rocket at you and your dead.
    In order to make lockdown work you need to either have an army of engineers behind you to repair. Or you have to lay in ambush to get the jump on a single enemy, but then your hiding spot is revealed and your toast.
    Lockdown either needs to give the max more health or a lot more resistance to explosives and gunfire. Or maybe a small defence shield like on the engineer turret.
    Anybody else have any ideas on how to fix this?
    • Up x 1
  2. WarmasterRaptor

Both lockdown (MAX and Prowler) shouldn't immobilize when used.

Yes a set up time, but instead of negating movement, reduce it. Dunno, -60%/-75%/crouch speed ? Something that we can AT LEAST move forward...
    • Up x 1
  3. Crayv

Sadly the only thing it is good for is on Burster MAXs.

Also all 3 of the MAX abilities right now are in rather poor shape. The shield in unreliable. ZOE is like having a weak charge but you can fire while using it but you take more damage. Lockdown is a just putting a giant target on you as can be taken from full to dead before you can even start to move again.
    • Up x 9
  4. SuperTrooperWaterloo

Sooo many ideas already but sooo less attention from SOE. Guess they still think its "fine" or just dont care.

Just put it in the category to: "still in the game and still not used" like those other TR stuff.....
    [IMG][IMG]
    • Up x 1
  5. Flag

Can they fix ZOE while they're at it?

Plez?
    • Up x 5
  6. TheMish

Lockdown is worse

Pls fix lockdown first.
  7. WarmasterRaptor

They should make something else than what it is currently as being the shadow of what it was is still not okay.

It was too strong and now is too weak.

Make something Zealous, not completely reckless as it is rigth now.

It's more of a MOE now. Martyrdom Overdrive Engine...

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  8. zombielores

Your funny.

ZOE is a self nerf for glowing purple lumifiber.
    AEGIS shield is a RNG mess of being unreliable and bugging your weapons out.
    Lock down is basically useless outside of surprise ambushes.

Currently it's Lockdown=Aegis> ZOE.

ZOE just needs to be scrapped as an idea, anything that gives MAX a mobility advantage is going to end in disaster.
    • Up x 6
  9. Dethfield

Funny enough lockdown is probably the "best" of the three ES MAX abilities, though that isnt saying much. It actually does work pretty well with bursters, but thats about it.

A year ago, the Aegis shield stopped blocking explosive splash damage, including C4 and grenades, which made it pretty much useless. ZOE got hit hard with the nerf bat, as everyone knows.

None of the ES MAX abilities are much good, charge is still the best choice.
    • Up x 2
  10. TheMish

Aegis shield is buggy?

I never experienced any bugs with it. Only issues I've ever had with it, was the shield sometimes taking too long to turn on or turn off.
  11. Auzor

Something I've proposed in earlier posts:
    -50% movement speed, slowed turning,
    and no sidestrafing.
    • Up x 1
  12. Crayv

It's a rather large mess. It's protection against explosives is iffy. Then there is the fact that character models don't exactly follow where screen is. Meaning if someone is circling around you while you may have them perfectly in front of you on your screen, on their screen you are slowly turning so they can shoot around your shield.
  13. f0d

since i returned to PS2 a few months ago i have been playing TR exclusively
    here he is for anyone who wants to see for proof
    https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428034441445876641/

without a shadow of a doubt lockdown is actually pretty good ability compared to VS ZOE and NC shield
    but not on an infantry max

with dual pounders and lockdown no sunderer is safe and gets turned into a pile of rubble - fast, as in a few seconds fast
    around as fast as a locked down prowler

also any vehicle that isnt moving is dead in seconds

its also good for shooting infantry in the distance with the pounders as a few hits and they are dead and i can spam like 20 shots of them in 10 seconds with lockdown

its pretty good for bursters also - decreasing TTK on aircraft enough to clear the skies of any aircraft that dares to hover

but its all about placement, you cant just walk up to a vehicles face and lockdown and win you have to be at a fair distance and shock them with the mass damage you do - a max at a fair distance away and not completely out in the open is hard to spot when you are expecting that kind of damage to be coming from a vehicle

but on an AI max its a completely useless ability and i go with the sprint ability instead

its way better than both ZOE and shield imo
    • Up x 1
  14. Flag

Wat.
    Worse? Are we playing the same game? o_O
    • Up x 5
  15. \m/SLAYER\m/

... well, its like you want to get kills with NC Phoenix, but you mostly dying in process, and only Engineers who repairing vehicle is getting certs.. so yes, it's useless, unless you learn how and where use it. Same with MAX Shield - can use it in AI combat, in AV it completely useless, while lock-down will work with both...
  16. I play by many names

I always thought it was stupid that the 'high speed' faction would even have a faction specific ability to lock down in place and completely render its own high speed advantage useless. It also doesn't make sense from the standpoint that one of the biggest threats to a MAX is a LA with C4, which lock down makes you an extremely easy target for. It feels like lock down is in the game just because it was in PS1 and the devs completely lack any creative ability to come up with anything new, not because it made any sense at all in PS2 because it doesn't. ZOE never made sense either, a MAX units primary purpose was to function as a sort of infantry tank, so why would a faction think 'hey lets reduce the effectiveness of our MAX units armor to go pew pew more'. Hence why the only time ZOE has ever been worth it is when its clearly overpowered. The only faction specific Max feature that EVER made sense is the shield.
    • Up x 1
  17. TheMish

Yeah worse. At least with Zoe it's 15 seconds of being a God of war

With lockdown I'm a shiny statue.
    • Up x 1
  18. Flag

... I don't think you know what ZOE does.
    It's 15 seconds of
    • Up x 7
  19. EliteEskimo

I think we can both agree that ZOE/Lockdown are terrible terrible max abilities while the NC shield has the most utility out of the bunch but is still prone to issues due to clientside not rendering the shield in time for the user consistently, and splash damage being able to easily damage the max. All 3 Max ability need work with TR/VS Max ability needing the greatest attention since they are more or less not seen in the field of battle. In terms of overall utility and the amount I see Max abilities used in the field of battle I'd go NC>>>TR>VS
    • Up x 2
  20. Flag

I'd say the biggest issue with the TR one is that it's the most niche of the 3.
    Shield has at least some merit, ZOE is just bad, lockdown only works in some situations.
    So I'll have to disagree. ZOE needs a balance pass/redesign the most, then lockdown.

Edit, waiiit did you change it to TR/VS (I swear it said 'TR')?
    Sneaky Eskimo!
    • Up x 2