[BUG] FIX THE VANU INDAR WARPGATE

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Slyguy65, Jan 11, 2013.

1. wrenched

the devs play vanu

unlikely to be changes
    • Up x 1
  2. CBCronin

They came back on two hours later, after we had secured the continent to try the same push; we carried out the will of Vanu on their back sides once again.

I just wish the NC hadn't decided to abandon Waterson, it seems only a handful are on at any given time.
    -----------------------
    When I say abandoned Waterson I really mean to say Indar and Amerish; though I can understand Indar with that warp gate :(.
  3. Nehemia

TR whining about something related to warpgates, when they are the ones with the best warpgate location on the Indar map (North), as the standard is from beta, the one who possesses the northern warpgate is most likely to own the entire north, most of the time.
  4. Stormlight666

They had reclaimed some ground today on Indar - I use trail testing an Anhillator on some of them after the fix.
  5. Stormlight666

They have 20% more population than the nearest faction they can bloody well fight for it - give those factions a good fight. A SMART group of people will cap that last base with ease using solid tactics and planning.
  6. nella

Rotation until they balance the map. NC warpgate position sucks.
  7. Accuser

Easy to gate the TR with the flat terrain and small warpgate "no entry" area. Comically easy to warpgate the NC since any armor they pull is trapped in canyons as Lib bait. VS is almost impossible to warpgate due to the tiny, slanted corridor you have to move Sunderers through.

I can understand why the VS wouldn't want to cycle warpgate locations...
  8. ritual

Rofl, you really needed to post 4 times in a row?

You gotta realize that your warpgate is easy to defend for the same exact reason you're saying it's easy to cap.. you can roll libs right out of the warpgate to take everything back and there's no where for the enemy armor to run, it's just a big open killing field..
  9. Fear The Amish

Saying your the best mossie pilot on TR on Waterson is like saying your the best swimmer in the special Olympics you know right?

Also i can name similar gate/base position for all 3... Copper Ravine for the NC, has 2 towers within firing range also enemy can only come one way at it right down this little alley. NS salvage for TR literally has a tower RIGHT THERE! and we have to skirt your WG to get there if you defended its hills like we do you would stop us every time.
  10. Wobberjockey

Tell that to higby.

the man bleeds blue and gold
  11. Eacaraxe

Oh look, more crying about ARC. I'll say what I said on that other silly little thread. Do you really want to get in a pissing contest over facility and periphery location on Indar? Okay, let's do that.

Yeah, ARC is ridiculously defendable and a solid foothold for VS to keep the Indar domination bonus...which is a whopping 10% discount to infantry resource purchases. The resource that is the most abundant, and used to buy cheap consumables that you can stockpile. Oh man, what a gamebreaker that is. It also, for where it is (south of VS warpgate, on the edge of the map) completely, totally strategically insignificant and has no bearing whatsoever on anything that goes on anywhere else on the continent. The Crown, this isn't.

You know what else is on Indar? Saurva bio-lab. The one TR almost constantly controls and is in safe territory excepting continent takeovers, that is a stone's throw from the TR warpgate? The one that's actually surrounded by a wall? The one that gives +30 mechanized resources?

What else is on Indar? Allatum bio-lab. The one that's next to the Crown, and is the gateway to VS territory? The one TR also regularly controls? That one gives +30 infantry, which is way more valuable than the 10% infantry discount you would get from taking over the continent. Not to mention that due to that little bay just north of VS warpgate that chokepoints VS northward movement, if TR takes Allatum, Hvar which is +30 more mechanized resources, is in relatively easy grasp.

You know, if resources actually meant anything. Either way, both of those bio-labs, being bio-labs in the first place, are extremely friendly to the TR zerg on attack and defense...their location and strategic significance totally notwithstanding.

And...let's not forget TR has an "ARC" of its own, here: NS Salvage Yard. Directly north of the warpgate within a stone's throw, against the edge of the map, easy as all get out for all those aspects to defend. NS is actually closer to TR warpgate than ARC is to VS, and with more favorable terrain for TR than ARC is for VS. Not only are you crying and wailing about a totally insignificant periphery the end result of capturing is more of the least important resource (when resources are trivial), but you're throwing stones in a glass house to do it.
    • Up x 1
  12. Wobberjockey

shhhh. you'll crush the Waterson TR quest of getting every anti zerg feature of the game nerfed into nonexistance.

just look at what happened to scarred mesa.
  13. ({x})Kyoji

shhh. If you keep telling them to organize they might just do so and then we might have problems. What the TR can't do in skill they do in numbers. If for some reason they got both then we would be screwed,