fix the Starfall already

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rivendell, Aug 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pacster3

What? Nanites are free, you get them all the time for nothing. Tell me what exactly do you need to invest into a prowler if you wanna kill a flash? Exactly. NOTHING. You do not need speed, you do not need reload...you need nothing. That you cert your stuff up to the max to kill other stuff has NOTHING to do with your flash comparison. If I just cert everything a flash has then it's not cheap either.

No. This is called LEARNING. I tried to show you why the starfall is not all that OP as you dramaqueens try to pretend and why it does have little to no impact on the meta. You pretend to be blind and deaf there. So I say "okay, if you are hellbend on nerfing it. Fine. It will not change the meta and you gonna have to find something new after that. It won't affect my game cause I have only used the starfall and my fully certed fury like a handfull of times during the last years cause sitting in a not all that invisible glass cannon that gets killed with one shot just ain't fun.". What else should I do? Keep arguing with you? You gonna possibly get your will and you will be satisfied for like 5 minutes...I will play the real game as I used to instead of wasting time with people that talk about stuff "that is op and all over the place" only in their heads.
  2. LordKrelas

Are we seriously getting to where "Flash" ATV & Prowler, are apparently worth the same?
    A 2-man MBT, worth 450 nanites, to a 1-man Cloaking ATV that is what, 50 nanites price-tag?
    Nanites = Time.
    Why is a 2-man being equal to a 1-man?
    Why is 450 nanites equal to 50?
    Why is a Flash expecting to kill a Prowler, rapidly, or any MBT for that matter?
    You're paying 50 nanites, and easily killing a 450-nanite 2-man MBT in a second, with the smallest exposure time, a cloaking-device, on a high-speed platform -- with this weapon enabling this rapid kill, for only VS.
    NC & TR, have a much longer shorter-ranged exposure-time, to which they can be killed.

But apparently MBTs & Flashes are equal.
    Must be great in VS Land;
    Every high-preforming weapon if purple is bad, every non-purple weapon is OP.
    An MBT that scores equal, with less , is apparently inferior
    High-Skill while showing none of it, unless using the 'inferior' quality gear.
    The 'price' of having the most constant Op-on-release-gear, resulting in Nerfs rather than keeping it for eternity.

Should give NC & TR, the next grand thing, equal to the UV Ammo, or Starfall capabilities.
    If VS complains at all, about facing it; Perhaps hypocrisy is a thing?
    After all, of all the new gear, why exactly can VS be shown to have gotten the best out of it, while acting like they lost?
    • Up x 3
  3. Movoza

Aaaah my head! It hurts to see from your perspective!

An MBT isn't meant to attack flashes, it's meant against bigger targets. If you don't invest you might be ok against flashes (if you spot and kill them before they melt you), but they lose their power against the rest. In addition, you often require a gunner for extra DPS, which means you have invested more in resources (like extra people and nanites) before you even get one. So it's effectiveness against flashes is practically a moot point in a discussion of resource cost to be effective!

Now your nanite point. If they are moot, why even have them? We can remove them right?
    Or if they don't matter, we'll give you a 1 hour timer for 50 nanites while everyone else gets them every 10 seconds. Doesn't matter to you, as it's only time. Nanites are still very much free.

Nanites are a tool to prevent spamming all the time, requiring a certain care or you'll be out of tanks for a while. The flash barely has that restriction, as the time it takes for the nanites to return is incredibly small. For an MBT it's much larger, and its hard to defend yourself if all that is happening is that you're moving back for repairs as you're 2/3rd down and then you get pumped full with plasma from the back by a flash.

I mean your "logic" would say that we could give the Starfall directly to infantry instead of the flash. Nanites don't matter and investment isn't important as the MBT doesn't need any to be effective against infantry. While we're at it, lets make a sniper version of it as well for infiltrators and engis! They'll fire 1 plasma bolt instead of a burst, but will fire over a 1.6 second period 6 rounds, so it's only half the DPS. To you, this'll sound like an incredibly UP weapon I guess.

Too much power for too little investment.
    • Up x 3
  4. Pacster3

So you say you need to cert the tank for all possible situations but you don't do that with a flash? Bias much?

Yes, nanites are there to limit tanks cause they are TOO STRONG. You do not need to limit flashes cause they are not influencing the meta much..cause they are WEAK. You cry and whine and scream...and still I see much more tanks than flashes around. I have been killed ONCE during the last months by a fury flash. ONCE. Granted, it does not have the hype(that you dudes are partly responsible for) that the starfall currently has...but almost the same killing power. Hell, I see more tanks of ANY faction than flashes of all thre factions combined and that although flash is soooo cheap and soooo powerful. It's once of thsoe rare situations where players don't use cheap and op weapons. Oh wait, did I just say rare situations? I mean this is the FIRST TIME this happens....EVER. Odd... =)
  5. Pacster3

Overall I do not understand the discussion. Why do tanks need to be invincible to the end of all times? How about shaking up the gameplay? Why not making flashes part of the meta? I really don't get people that just want to sit on a hill and fire away for free for hours without of any risk...it's so darn far from my competitive nature, that I just can't understand it. I mean, it's not like tanks roll out of the pad and get overwhelmed immidiately without a chance by flashes right now...but when you read some posts here you should think that's the current situation.
  6. JibbaJabba

Meh, worth saying again.

The cloak device in the flash should occupy a weapon slot. ALL cheese problems solved. /dusts-hands.
    • Up x 2
  7. Movoza

Wow this is truly going nowhere. This is either such deliberate changing of what I say or a mind bending amount of incomprehension on your part for saying I have a bias.

I'm also an advocate that tanks might be too strong and just camping and farming should receive hard punishments more easily, but that is another discussion. You seem to want to escalate strengths immediately, which shows it's a good idea you're not influential in development.

And more comparisons to a fury flash with only some anecdotal fluff. I mean really? No REAL arguments?

If it doesn't matter to you so much, why are you posting 10.000 times everywhere you van on the forum!?
    • Up x 1
  8. Demigan

The VANU inferiority complex is rising out of proportions here. You prove that their version of "Starfall not OP, similar or worse than Fury" is nothing but bullcrap and they immediately switch to "ah but since it's OP and needs nerfing everything of my oponents need nerfing". (and "it doesnt affect the meta so I dont care. If you dont care why spend all yhis time defending it and proclaiming it's not as good when it actually is?)

And still they cling to "Vanu be superior players", which is a mantra that has been perpetuated since launch. When you point out that Vanu players havent ever been superior with any common weapon found among every faction they say "ah but that was old data". So? Papa Vanu has proclaimed it's superiority since forever and never was superior, so why would Vanu players magically have surpassed everyone else since the last time it was checked? Hell you can check right now and still see that in most cases NC has an insignificant superiority on most NS weapons. But hey since you guys still cling to the "Vanu superior" myth, why dont you prove it with a selection of common weapons where the VS is significantly superior?

As for the moaning about "we get all tha nerfsies it's unfair!", getting nerfed because your weapons were blatantly OP is nothing to complain about. At best you can complain about getting overnerfed in some cases.
    • Up x 2
  9. Pacster3

Wow this is truly going nowhere. This is either such deliberate changing of what I say or a mind bending amount of incomprehension on your part for saying I have a bias.

I'm also an advocate that tanks might be too strong and just camping and farming should receive hard punishments more easily, but that is another discussion. You seem to want to escalate weaknesses immediately, which shows it's a good idea you're not influential in development.

And more comparisons to a starfall flash with only some anecdotal fluff. I mean really? No REAL arguments?

If it doesn't matter to you so much, why are you posting 10.000 times everywhere you van on the forum!?
  10. Pacster3

Demigans best argument alsways goes along "Vanu inferiority complex" for months already. Repeat, repeat, repeat and repeat. Impressive...and a little bit dull.
  11. HomicideJack

Just go ahead and dismiss anything Pacster says. He's another Vanu fanboy, like those spazzes on Reddit, that relentless mash everyone else with their VS-lust over the head. Bet he's even actually on Reddit like the rest of the whining crybabies in purple spandex.

Starfall is definitely broken. :thinking: strange how the TR and the NC don't have a weapon similarly capable...
  12. Demigan

And proven to be true. Vanu hasnt been right about the Magrider supposedly being inferior. Vanu hasnt been right about thr Starfall being inferior or equal to the Fury. Vanu has proclaimed their higher performance with weapons that were proclaimed OP by other factions or alerts in general was superior skill but the moment you look at common weapons that supposed superior skill is nowhere to be found.

Dull or not, apparently I have to repeat the truth because the VANU dont do Dull, they do exciting, weird and most importantly....

Imaginary.
    • Up x 2
  13. Pacster3

Yeah, we all know that VS is the strongest faction, got the best toys...and their population number is dropping magically cause people HATE to play with the best stuff. Over the years their stuff got even better...that's why we are now at a situation where Vanu got 25% pop prime time(25% that means they are getting close to a point where EACH other faction got twice their numbers. ANYWHERE.). Oh wait, the population is dropping cause the purple got more purple and people hate purple. TR and NC bias never fails to amaze... ;-)
  14. JibbaJabba

Hey guys.

Let's put the cloak device in the weapon slot.

Dunno if that got mentioned.
    • Up x 3
  15. JibbaJabba

When you quote numbers that contradict what I see with my own eyes I'm going to dismiss what you are saying. It's a thing people do.
    • Up x 1
  16. Pacster3

Exactly. But neither can you denie that VS pop is dwindling nor that you see more tanks than flashes on the servers. But feel free to name a server where that is any different....
  17. JibbaJabba

I play on Emerald primarily. I play on Connery but not often enough to speak with any authority.

I see more tanks than flashes (all empires)
    I see far more flashes with Vanu than other empires.
    I see VS at 25% population at times.
    I see VS with top population at times.
    I see VS with <33% pop more often than >33% pop.

I do not see VS population dwindling.
    I do not see any noticeable dwindling of TR or NC either.
    • Up x 3
  18. Pacster3

https://ps2.fisu.pw/population/?world=17

The times when I see VS at no.1 are like almost not around.

On Cobalt we are right now at 36%. Prime time is over so the numbers start jumping around between the factions now. VS was never the most populated faction during prime time on Cobalt...but we freaking went down from 32% to 25% by now and it's been steadily going down for months.
  19. ridicOne

http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/news/

Well if you go read the news page of the site of last update and understand how API's work than it should be a simple answer.

As per it just pulls data but usually speaking if API's aren't frequently updated they tend to start having errors. So the data could have changed but the API pull location could have also underwent changes.

From past experiences with working with API data you'll still see data being pulled but it's not entirely correct.
  20. Demigan

Didn't read a thing about it on the news page. Look at the only news shown, it mentions things like 1v1 being removed and being replaced with some domain specific leaderboard, how Twitch changed rules for API and some fixes to the page loading etc. Nothing about API trouble.

Even so, anything and everything points to the Starfall being superior to the Fury. The exposure time, the ease of use, the lack of needing to slow down, the stats that it seems to achieve. Even with wrong API data, the fact that it confirms everything that has been said about it being OP shows that there has to be a trend in that data that would make the Starfall good anyway.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.