[Suggestion] Fix the Spawn(location)system

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Haquim, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Haquim

1 in 4 times I spawn somewhere different than I selected.
    Sometimes a different continent. Yes that still happens to me occasionally.

And just now I couldn't reinforce the fight deciding an alert because my first spawn didn't spawn me in that fight at Andvari Frozen Reservoir but at Mani Fortress instead.
    Instant action then showed me the right location, but dropped me at Andvari Barracks instead.

Please kindly fix that ********, it can't be that hard.
    • Up x 1
  2. Poppington

Instant Action takes you to the closest possible spawn to a fight. So for example, say you wanted to attack Mani Biolab, but you have no sunderer there - it will spawn you at an outlier.

The different continent is most likely due to the map bug that happens from viewing multiple continents from the spawn screen.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "First spawn." My best guess is that you wanted to spawn at a place where your faction was either overpopping or equal to the other faction, and weren't nearby, therefore you couldn't spawn. That's not broken.
  3. Haquim

1. I'm pretty sure one of those three deployed sunderers at Andvari Frozen would have been close than the one at Barracks.
    2. Yes, I'm aware of that bug, and no, it has nothing to do with it.
    3. The "first spawn" is the one I actually selected, as opposed to the one where I finally actually spawned after the loading screen finished. If thats not the same it IS broken.
  4. AZAN

Yeah this bug is annoying, if you always double click on the green icons you will never get it but double clicking them can be a little awkward sometimes.

It seems its related to when the map updates which spawns are available, like it resets your location when that happens irrelevant of your past choices. Really what should happen is that your choice should never change unless you become unable to spawn at the chosen location, in that case you should get a sound and a warning message that your spawn location is unavailable. Then you would be able to select another.
  5. Haquim

Yes, I'm pretty sure that is exactly what happens.
    Unfortunately double clicks don't solve the problem for me though...