Fix the Railjack now!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Vanon, Feb 27, 2014.

1. RyanGUK

Pretty sure the delay was added there as a disadvantage to the gun... So I don't think it's a bug, it was intended.
  2. iller

If you owned it, you'd know neither of those is true. You don't even need to own it to make an informed comment on its design but you do atleast need to research its actual mechanics to convince anyone that you understand it. This is especially true if you somehow lost a "snipers duel" to someone who's using it. Knowing it's different mechanics makes it almost impossible to actually lose to someone using it, unless you are trying to snipe back at them with the Phaseshift from their only advantageous range of over 260m's.
  3. lilleAllan

it was intended,

But they just threw it in ithout making further adjustments.

So you got the delay, the atrocious rechamber time and small clip making for a near worthless weapon compared to the alternatives.
  4. TheShrapnelKing

I don't understand why they don't just get rid of the delay mechanic, speed up the bullet velocity to the point of almost being a hitscan weapon, but simply give it a one round clip - ie, you have to reload every time you fire the gun.

There. Is that better SOE? ****, it's like you guys hate every weapon that could possibly be cool.
  5. MasonSTL

I like the weapon, the delay is nothing extreme only something to get used to.

If it reloads after every shot the think better OHK on bodyshots
  6. Taemien

They should just buff the Longshot to have the same damage so these people would shut up about the delay and go back to the Longshot.. They get to have their instant shoot rifle and those of us who actually like the Railjack can keep it as it is.

Everyone's happy.
  7. TheShrapnelKing

But there's no point it it existing, you might as well keep using the Longshot if you already have it.
    • Up x 1
  8. MasonSTL

Can't it exists just to exist? IMO the other snipers are boring, they are the exact same as any sniper on any modern war themed shooter. The gun mechanic of a delay is a nice change from the same-old same-old that most shooters implement.

I don't think just because some think it's less effective than the other BASRs, because they are not used to it is proper vindication to take it out of the game entirely.
  9. TheShrapnelKing

No. The point is that it's an ES Sniper, it should be unique, it should be powerful, I don't want what ends up being a reskinned Longshot, cuz then one of them might as well not exist.

Single shot, 2000m/s velocity, one shot kill out to 250m. THAT is a badass weapon. THAT I want to use.
  10. MasonSTL

lol being OP hasn't been a faction trait since prenerf ZOE! It isn't a skinned long-shot, at all: faster velocity, higher damage, faster reload, 1 less bullet/mag, .2sec shot delay.

To me that is enough difference to keep it. But I will say that I was hoping for (Im going to get hate for this) a shotgun sniper. A sniper with 6 flechettes that do a combined damage the same as the RailJack, along with a grouping the size of a head at 200m. From afar getting a head shot wouldn't be easy (and at a very far distance OHK would be impossible) but hitting running targets from a distance would be a cinch, but not very rewarding damage wise.
  11. TheShrapnelKing

The higher damage is basically pointless since it's only 50 more, and the delay cancels out the faster velocity.

So what advantages does it have that it is now worth 1000 certs?

Sorry, I don't buy into the modern shooter dogma of having 5 bazillion guns with small, itty bitty tiny teeny statistical differences between them all as an excuse to put more guns in the game. The game gives each faction, what, 6 different sniper rifles? Completely unnecessary. 1 Semi-auto, one Bolt-Action, and one Empire-specific rifle will do just fine thank you. There is not enough statistical or effectiveness difference between the longshot and the railjack to justify spending 1000 certs. It's needs to be radically different, to fit a role that the Longshot can't, or it has no purpose being in the game. That is my philosophy on weapons.
  12. MasonSTL

Why does everyone base the time the bullet reaches the target from the click? Just click .2sec sooner than you normally would, its not that hard.

If i didn't want more guns I would still be playing goldeneye.
  13. TheShrapnelKing

More =/= better. I prefer the weapons arsenal of FEAR, which has a total of 9, to all the guns in Planetside, because every single weapon is useful, fun to use, and badass. There's no copycat weapons, no reskin + slight stat changes, there is a definite reason for every weapon in that game to exist, and the fact that there's only 9 isn't a problem in the slightest.
  14. Vaphell

so you can read the future? good to know, meanwhile we, mortals, mostly react to things we see and in this context LMB2hit time matters a lot.
    "Oh, that guy just stopped to ADS!" - BAM, headshot.

What about the oh **** situation where you stumble upon a guy and the only thing that can save you is leet quickscope headshot? Oh wait. He gets a 0.2s of unretaliated fire and you are in the red before you even started and now trying to shoot through the flinch. Good luck with that.
    Also to "just click .2sec sooner" you need to decloak .2sec sooner for no good reason.

If you are one of guys who flame rendering range snipers, you should flame this weapon because rendering range sniping is the only thing it does remotely well.
    • Up x 1
  15. iller

Base human reaction time to click a button is 100ms.
    Base human reaction time to actually retarget and re-predict movement of something with a mouse in a latency filled battle situation while accounting for drop (b/c if you're NOT shooting over 250m, then why aren't you using longshot instead) through a very finesse based scope/reticle. ....Plus some other factors I'm not even mentioning here... WAY more than 100ms. More like 275ms to 350ms depending also on your server ping (mine's 120!).

In simpler terms.... yes you can "finish targeting" with the stupid thing if you started shooting exactly 200ms before the crosshairs were directly over a sitting Duck's head. But no normal human being is instantly reacting to changes in target direction/heading beyond a 250m distance and then bull's eyeing that sh** in 0.2sec like FPS-Doug. Most of us have enough trouble just body-shotting a guy moving in a straight line at 250m.

Again: they gave it an upside (200 more velocity), that is not only completely nullfied by it's downside, it's actually impossible for most people to properly interface with that intended "loophole" around the delay itself. Moving targets are much easier to hit with the Longshots for good reason: It's actually an intuitive interface.

I don't agree with the rest of Shrapnel's OP ideas for changing it... but for such a massive and poorly designed "downside", it SHOULD be hitscan or as close to hitscan as they can get while still simulating bullet drop I guess. 200 more velocity is a JOKE for how bad the downside interferes with basic functionality. When I use it at its intended range, I only shoot at AFK's/Low-BR's
    • Up x 1
  16. Peasnriz

I can not help but think all the new snipers should have been lets say 500~600m/s 600 dmg, then have a unique faction trait alternate mode, TR a burst fire of lower damage bullets, NC a short range one shot shotgun, VS a quick follow up shot.

Introducing a straight upgraded sniper rifle which is what the railjack would be with out the delay mechanic would produce so much imbalance and forum hate(hence the delay mechanic). As is no faction is particularly thrilled with their ESSR.
  17. Rafutela

Well... Just my opinion here:
    I bought it right after his release, based on PTS.
    Greatly surprised by the 10 ammo, but disapointed to not land a shot correctly (I though I had heavy lagg).
    Re-test it the day after, this thing fu_ck_ed my brain so hard (read lot of post after talking about the delay).
    Realising my error, I bought the Vandal one week later (the second weapon released for infiltrator).
    Ho God, I have to say that I should have bought the Vandal first.
    I'm not gonna re-use the railjack even if I'm an auraxium hunter.
    This snipe brought nothing new and I perform better with the Longshot.
    I don't see why they added it, it's just another snipe with nothing new.
    I'm not gonna argue with math for velocity, drop etc ... the Longshot is still my favorite.

A primary Infiltrator heavily disappointed by this gun :(
    • Up x 1
  18. RebelRanger

Wrel explains many things in this video, check it out.
  19. iller

Wrel is not an Infiltrator player. He's not even a sniper. Nor is he anwhere to be found on the Railjack Leaderboard.
    (he gave up @ 49)

If you want the opinion of one of the true Infiltrator players (who Auraxiumed the Vandal in just 13 hours, lol, and also top-3'd for the Railjack's KPH ), his opinion as I heard it: was that Wrel is credible on many things but this was possibly the LEAST credible video he's ever made. He actually laughed out loud / made fun of Wrel for making it.
    • Up x 1
  20. LordDethir

and OP