Fix the Railjack now!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Vanon, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Pikachu

Hooray for the kind of info that you find in th VR. The VR!
  2. Nephi1im

Yea, because a split second shot delay (and one that doesn't coincide with the sound of the gun) is super easy to test in VR on stationary targets. Against a still target, it looks and feels like it's about the same velocity as the longshot. On live, it's like the longshot that has a spool up with little travel...

Essentially:

Delay +850 mps = No delay + 650

Sooooooo they got rid of the signature feature of the gun, its speed, and gave us a 10 round mag.... the day of.... no testing.... and added a footnote of "charge up" to the patch notes. This is lazy and unprofessional. I used it all night, and it isn't bad once you get the hang of it, but it is now literally a longshot with a 10 round mag.

Even after a 150 or so kills, it feels awkward with the delay. It's like having 500 ping. I was ok with it being essentially a BASR but a tad better. What they made it is a carbon copy with little travel and a delay. LAZY
    • Up x 2
  3. Vanon

I heard VS got screwed as well. that .25 charge became like 2 seconds or something? I don't get why they would change both of them with no feedback and such dramatic changes.
  4. iller

I live far enough from my server that I'm not even noticing the "delay".
    It's definitely not 1/2 second delay, I think OP has the stats wrong. ...it feels more like 50ms... or 200ms at most
  5. Vanon

No, i got it right. I tested the VS sniper, and it had a .25 sec charge time. This is double, thus .5. Like you said, you live far away from your server. Perhaps you are use to lag.
  6. D-Spirith

Good thing i accidently purchased it with certs. The delay completely ruined the muzzle velocity advantage.

It was also kinda rude of SOE to add the delay right during the patch, so that the majority of people would buy it right away without knowing it was there. The extended ammunition magazine capacity size bug also made a remarkable push towards purchasing this weapon.
    • Up x 1
  7. Robertooooo

I would not complain if i got the railjack instead of the VS sniper. Can we trade? :D
  8. Iridar51

Le what? The firing delay is barely noticeable. It's far closer to 0.2 than to 0.5. "Railjack" is hands down best bolt action for all intents and purposes, this what bothers me.

But I agree, the delay before shot mechanic is as stupid and controversial to the gun's intended use as is spin-up mechanic for the MCG.
  9. Xada

The VS ESSR is pretty bad too, I'm fine with a sniper rifle with a charge, just let them hold the charge when in iron sight. Fixed.
  10. LibertyRevolution

Back on old saron, they added that small delay because OHK hit-scan is OP, and they told VS deal with it and to learn to play...
    So... Learn to play. Adapt. Get used to it.

This is a message from your fellow NC. ;)
  11. DocteurVK

When I saw the Patchnotes, It reminded me the god ol' Saron before it was turned in the Actual JokeCannon it is...

I think that once NC will get used to the delay, We will have a very bad day...:confused:
  12. JesNC

Didn't I tell you they won't go through with this Hitscan Pro OP crap? I think I did.

But if I remember correctly, instead of discussing how to change the design everybody was yelling "IT'S FINE!!!1" on top of their lungs in the relevant PTS threads.

So, this is your reward. HF with your railgun.
  13. Lucidius134

I wonder if this is the same general reactiont he lancer had back in PS1
  14. JesNC

It's far less, maybe 0.1-0.2sec.
  15. Plague Rat

This is pretty much exactly what I said was the problem with trying to make an ES rifle a bolt action over in the test forums. Pretty much the only metric that sets one BASR from another is velocity, and that if they couldn't maintain the velocity advantage on the Railjack then there was no point in making it BASR at all.

Unfortunately what they've done with this delay is a trick to remove the advantage of the velocity without explicitly doing so.

When you lead a target what you're doing is compensating for the distance a target will move from the time you pull the trigger (click your mouse) to the time the bullet impacts. Velocity shortens this period, making the lead less dramatic and the shot easier.

What this delay has done is artificially lengthened this period, directly counteracting the perks of velocity. I'm talking about a balance tradeoff, but an almost complete negation of it, making those velocity numbers on the stat page barely more than an illusion.

Because of that delay, if you actually run the numbers, from trigger pull to impact the Longshot will get the bullet there first in all but the more extreme ranges. The Railjack's velocity is barely more than an illusion.

When you get right down to it, it's just a Longshot with a bigger mag at this point.
    • Up x 1
  16. -WHeaties

And we're losing the bigger mag to a four shot one. GG no RE.
  17. MikeX7

Soe actually balanced the railjack before releasing it? Awesome. It was completely broken on the test server, i am glad they listened.
  18. MuscleBody

It's a straight upgrade for all NC bolt actions with almost no drop due to amazing projectile speed and twice the mag size. That lag before shooting is the only thing that makes the gun unique and more or less (not really) balanced.
    Railjack is the best bolt action in the game right now, and that delay is so little it barely counts as a downside. If you don't want the delay, then SOE will be forced to either cut the damage or weapon projectile speed, that will make it Longshot with better mag.
    Learn how to use your weapons and adapt to their downsides.
    • Up x 1
  19. GunsmithJoe

I don't know who you guys are kidding, the RailJack has a very noticeable drop. Coupled with a very dodgy recoil mechanic where the scope jumps once when you hit the trigger, and again when it actually lobs the projectile I'd sorry to say that I do not recommend the purchase of this terrible rifle.

Frankly I find the delay annoying but not game breaking, although It would work better as a charge up mechanic.
  20. Benevon

Thats why I mentioned weapon trials as well. Plus, I was trying to be half sarcastic which I guess doesnt work half asleep and posting from my phone. I totally get that people bought this gun thinking it was going to be just like it's last iteration on PTS. Sadly, I've seen this happen plenty of times with F2P games releasing content to buy that is different than what everyone tested. Probably rushing to up their quarterly numbers.