First the VS, now the TR, when will this all end ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HellasVagabond, Feb 4, 2013.

1. HellasVagabond

Well at first we had the VS and the mag, now we have the TR and the Prowler (it's funny how now you see more prowlers than infantry, wonder why). When will this end ? It's a massacre on Esamir (Miller) now since virtually every TR rolls with a Prowler.

Well at least i hope one day the NC can be OP, that would at least be fair. For now however how are we supposed to play against a horde of TR in Prowlers around every corner ?
  2. LilyUK

I think you probably need to take into account that the prowler received a lot of changes, and ppl were probably dying to trying them out. :) If you had something that had its equivalence elsewhere, but yours seemed to not be as great by contrast, and then you received word it was getting adjusted. Wouldn't you naturally want to try it out to see the difference? :) I understand what you're saying, but it's only been a few days.

Does raise an interesting question. ;o Do you adjust something because it's *that* popular and it's being "overused", or do you adjust something because an actual inherent imbalance *does* exist. :) I think we probably need more time to play with the new vanguard and prowler before we start forming conclusions. That's just my opinion though. :>
    • Up x 3
  3. HellasVagabond

The Prowler was FINE, it needed no adjustments. It had the same damage as the vanguard (with 2 shells which i consider better when measuring distance), it was faster than the Vanguard and it had the VULCAN, which is even better than the Saron in some cases. It's armor was slightly less but it was balanced and then some with all the things i mentioned.
    Now it makes 30%+ more damage than the Vanguard, it's faster and still has the Vulcan. So how can we counter it ?
    The VS still have the Saron (although they say strafe has been reduced) and can still climb places we can't, not to mention no bullet drop so again where does that put the NC ?
    There's nothing to test the Vanguard about, the only thing they fixed was shell speed, turret turning speed (they also did that to the Prowler) and placed 5-10% more armor which again makes no real difference.
  4. Deathcapt

Yeah, If you spam enough of anything, it's effective, and tanks tend to just be more noticeable. If you see a column of 50 tanks, it's scary, but no worse than 50 liberators / ESFs. Which it seems the Air swarms are still super viable, you just need to get a lot, and bring em all in at once.
  5. SenEvason

NC were first actually. They were really OP in beta.
  6. LoveJuices

All the other tanks needed was their traction and stability buffs. The extra armor for the Vanguard was a nice touch along with the acceleration. Prowler was nearly perfect except for the butter treads all ground vehicles faced. Its shell velocity was also a nice touch and nothing out of the question but the 25% buff to HEAT and 20% to AP was just ridiculous. They absolutely did not need that. Drop it from the line up and I think we may just have a balanced set of MBT to finally all use equally.
    • Up x 1
  7. {joer

The prowler is NOTHING like the mag, but we all wanted to see how much it improved.
  8. HellasVagabond

Actually the Vanguard still has traction issues...It still slides like on butter and doesn't clear the terrain as it should for a battle tank.
    • Up x 1
  9. MayorD

i hope devs fix the projectile velocity bug of prowler... 750 m/s Prowler anchored vs. 250 m/s Vanguard...
  10. SenEvason

Vanguard's traction is still a little weird. I got run over by one that came drifting around a corner. I twas pretty awesome really.
  11. Netham

While the damage buffs(25%? Jesus. I think 5-10 would have been a fair starting point) were a tad extreme, that velocity is required. Its literally the only thing that makes using Anchor worth it in a battle, rather than as an infantry farming artillary piece. IMO anyway.
  12. {joer

Thats the ironic thing. Only a possible bug makes the prowler worth a damn. You still gotta hit with 2 cannons which both hit less hard than a lightening and still screw up the aim after the first shot. Its a ******** design idea they gave up after WWI for being awful and yet we get it.
    • Up x 1
  13. TheWhiteDragon

OP's problem is expecting people to use something other than tanks on Esamir. The continent was designed for tanks, and infantry are only useful there in as much as they are required to cap points.

Prowlers are unstoppable in close range, but I haven't yet concluded what it means for balance. Let's not make the mistake of drawing conclusions based only only a few days. It takes a week or two for people to adjust and the metagame to progress.
  14. Netham

While I agree the idea of rooting myself is lackluster, its far from being a ****** design now. It just requires some actual planning and experience to use effectively.

As for it being a "Bug", from the patch notes:

• Seems rather intended.
  15. HellasVagabond

Guys many of you are missing the point. Each faction Should have 1 OP vehicle and it makes no sense for the TR/VS to have the best battle tanks when the NC supposedly is the faction with the most force.
    Perhaps one day the Devs can make faction specific vehicles (anyone that has played C&C or Supreme Commander knows what i'm talking about).
  16. Squigzy

I play NC, I love my Vanguard and always have, however.. The Prowler was an Anti-Infantry Tissue box of fail pre-patch and I remember how we would roll armor groups through the TR because it was so laughably easy to kill Prowlers. Granted most of them used HE, but that is because (from my understanding) Their AP and HEAT rounds were crap. To be honest, I still roll my Vanguard through Prowlers but at least they feel better when I ram my Vanguard's AP cannon up their rear.

Also with the NC's Armor buffs, my Vanguard is more of a.. well.. Tank.. than it was before and this makes me a happy happy man.
  17. Compass

What?
  18. maxkeiser

... like the Magrider ... lol
  19. vaxx

NC Max in CQC.

So there is one.
    • Up x 1
  20. HellasVagabond

I am just saying how things Should be. For example NC best Tank, TR best Lightning, VS best aircraft. That way noone would whine for balance issues. However right now the NC has nothing to show, the Reaver is a flying brick with health roughly the same as the mossie/scythe, the Vanguard is worse as it stands than the Prowler/Mag and the Lightning ok it's the same for all factions so matters not.

All 3 factions have MBTs, i ment something entirely new.

Many have proven that the TR MAX and the NC MAX are roughly the same in close quarters, let's not debate something like that Again. Do a search in the forums and you will find many Youtube vids showing that.