First Server Transfer Token Must Be Free.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TartarusMkII, Jan 9, 2013.

1. TartarusMkII

Hello everyone,

I believe it would do a lot to improve lost customer loyalty for SOE to make every player's first Server Transfer Token free.

My reasons why are simple:
    • SOE, you don't really have the best customer loyalty right now. That's understandable, though.
    • Not very costly to you, giving the first token free would be a great way to get some of your loyalty back.
    • Allowing this would do a great deal to show that you understand your patron's frustrations with the system.
    • We've spent money on Characters that are near useless for some generic reasons. Allow us to move our money-holding characters to a desirable place for all the money we've already given to you.
    This is not a petition because petitions are not allowed, but if you believe this concept is a solid one, please say so and why.

Hopefully we can get something rolling, and thanks in advance for your participation.

TartarusMkII
    tartarusmkii@derpymail.org
    @tartarusspyker

For clarification:

• Up x 12
  2. Hydragarium

Must they now? I strongly disagree.
    • Up x 1
  3. khord

Whats the argument against?
  4. TartarusMkII

Okay, care to explain why?
  5. TheScapegoat

Naw there is a free option now, you can always reroll.

However if you want to keep your progress then pay for a transfer. I'd wager 500 sc would be the price, if it's free there would be wastelands and a few jam packed servers.
  6. TartarusMkII

I'm saying the FIRST transfer, not all transfers. People who have put a LOT of money into their characters without getting the support they expected from SOE could really use a free transfer. I think it'd be a good investment to allow it.

We're talking about players who've paid, not free to play characters. I think EVERYONE should have their first token free, but I'm asking you to consider the position of players who've paid.
  7. Hydragarium

Why fight flawed arguments with flawed arguments. This isn't as much a discussion thread as it is a bunch of people demanding change for no other reason than "Hey we're cheap - we think your customer service sucks for no apparant reason - give us free stuff in our free game - because free"
  8. TartarusMkII

9. dough

Entitlement attitude. Nothing at all in life is free. Nothing. You insult SOE, then ask for stuff like a little kid demanding candy. My advice to you, learn how to ask properly (just as I would tell my own son, and what I heard from my father a LOT when I was 8).
    • Up x 1
  10. smokemaker

they must....
    they must....
    lol
    dont care.
    • Up x 1
  11. robo

I would say each account should get one free transfer. I don't think that would break anything. Some players have spent a large amount of money on unlocks on a server that became very sparsely populated, and that is no fault of their own.

One free unlock per account sounds acceptable.
    • Up x 1
  12. TheScapegoat

Technically you would only be moving once, aka consolidation. Yes, the game launched with too many servers, who knows maybe that will be resolved in the future. But for SOE to give away server change tokens is absurd.
  13. dough

You aren't thinking deeply about this.. how many players are paying players vs. free? If the large number is free, making transfers free also makes no sense. And I deeply suspect this is the case.
  14. TartarusMkII

Most people who've responded to this thread up to this point do not seem to understand my OP. I've rewritten part of it to make it more clear. This is not an entitlement thread, and to think that I am a voice for free to play players is ridiculous. I've spent more than $60 on this game thus far.

This thread is about customer loyalty, and the relation to SOE. This is not about entitlement, nor gaining something I feel players 'deserve'.
    • Up x 1
  15. gilrad

It wouldn't surprise me If, in preparation for a server merge, they would give everybody in low population servers transfer tokens. Then when they do the merge they can merge servers that need population balancing.
  16. Phsychotica

...Where exactly is the problem with this? Server populations are already totally out of wack and some servers are already well on their way to becoming ghost servers. This is a solution to population not a problem. The first should be free not out of a feeling of entitlement but to fix these awful populations.
  17. dough

You are not getting it. You aren't in a place to say 'must be free'. Its about overall customer satisfaction with ALL SOE's customers, not just you. And if you think insulting SOE in your OP is gonna work, more power.
  18. TheScapegoat

I've purchased SC 4 times now and I've put more then box retail into the game. Asking SC to move is not unreasonable.

However maybe SOE can provide a free token to those who have spent over a certain amount or are current premium members as a perk of the membership.
  19. Deschain

paying for transfers is a greedy option,and playing on the hope you will pay again once that server goes quiet. Personally i will just wait for Server merges = free Transfer.
    • Up x 1
  20. dough

When servers were shutdown in PS1, no characters were thrown away, just merged to the still active servers. And I seem to remember them organizing it at the outfit level so that folks weren't split up, but its been a long time since that happened, so my memory could be wrong.