[Vehicle] First impressions: Buzzard

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LaughingDead, Jul 5, 2018.

1. LaughingDead

I'm going to try and give this gun a fair review but long story short, it's garbage.

First test run, small base fight at auraxicom.
    I managed to not detonate the projectile and die for some unforseen reasons.
    After looking at the devs post, there is a 15m arming distance which makes the weapon actually worse.

Second test run, AV capabilities
    Poor. It has alpha but no sort of sustained damage.

Third test run, open infantry sunderer farm.
    I didn't think it was too bad but the arming distance and incredibly large bullet drop threw me off by metric **** tons.

Fourth test run, another small basefight with the stairwell.
    After adjusting my flash to actually be able to hit the small stairs by the main room, as soon as they got close they pretty much destroyed me because the grenades did not arm anymore.

Overall I don't get how NC got stuck with impractical garbage while VS basically got a flash saron and TR got a ******* flamethrower. We got gimmicky bad phoenix that doesn't even carry farther than 50 meters.

Maybe someone can give me a clip of being EFFECTIVE with it, but it's niche is so rare and underused it is basically the second EM1 of the NC.
    • Up x 1
  2. LaughingDead

Oh did I mention it's a copy pasted falcon? As if I didn't need more reason to hate the weapon, it looks like another garbage weapon that was nerfed with massive drop for no reason because it was already underperforming.
  3. Liewec123

i consider it to be pretty much a single Pounder with more drop and an arming distance.
    agreed, currently its not very good.
    it is still very early days though so they'll probably buff it.

i don't know if they included the arming distance to prevent suicides, but it really hinders the weapon,
    if damaging yourself is a huge issue just give it reduced splash damage to friendlies (like lasher.)

my ideal buff would be one more round per volley (taking it up to 4) and the removal of the arming distance.
    • Up x 1
  4. Campagne

That's a disappointing if a little unsurprising.

Might as well get it while it's free though, minus the work it takes.
  5. LaughingDead

Actually the starfall is a better saron you might as well get that instead. It literally has the same stats, reload and a plus 50 points of direct damage. Only downside is barely any splash.

I didn't think I needed more evidence that these people don't know vehicle balance.

I'm actually pretty infuriated right now.
  6. Halkesh

I think it just need to have it's arming range lowered to 5-8 meters.
    A 3 x 300@3m - 25@5m splash damage have strong potential in crowded bases and chokepoints inside buildings.
  7. LaughingDead

If we're talking potential, a better saron is way too powerful to be on a cloaked unit that can mob MBTs.
  8. Pikachu

So they finally made use of the flash falcon model that has been in the files since early 2013. I wonder if the TR gun looks like a minigun.
  9. LaughingDead

No, it lookslike a pounder.
    The vsweapon actually looks like a triple burst cannon.

Sadly, I believe a side falcon would’ve actually done better than what we currently have.
  10. GoldenGuard

this buzzard should be a mini missile launcher like the light assaults rocket rifle (slightly beefed up though with bigger clip size)

So, I have worked to unlock the NC and TR flash weapons (going to work on VS soon)... TR is one i love, that flammerwaffern can take a max down 90% of its health in a couple of seconds, damage vehicles, slaughter infantry and it REALLY suits the flash playstyle of hit and get the hell out of there, sure there is alittle chance of damaging yourself but the rewards are worth it. NOT TO MENTION that the flames also make it hard to see. the TR weapon is in my opinion one of the best all purpose weapons out there

now i try the NC buzzard, it should be called the vulture... as i can only see this being effective with picking off weakened enemies... testing this out in VR the weapon takes entirely too long to kill anything, i mean what is the purpose of this thing? is it supposed to be good anti infantry? no that cant be it because they can easily shoot you as your sitting still making your shots and hoping all 3 land near enough for splash damage to hit or get close enough that they dont arm lord help you if a max shows up. Are they good at anti vehicle they are explosives right... no they do damage but nothing special i dare say a fury does a better job and you need to be close enough to hit them that they can once again aim and shoot your parked flash attempting to peck at it... I KNOW they are anti air...uhhh no for obvious reasons

this weapon needs to be changed NC really got the short end of the stick out of these weapons
  11. Liewec123

from the new patch notes it seems like the buzzards minimum arming distance is TWENTY meteres,
    thats freaking huge! :(
    no wonder it is so weak the majority of the time,
    getting that thing to fire 20m needs you to pretty much be stargazing.

i believe for the VS one they just plonked the Scythe A2A missile pods onto it. ;)
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  12. Daigons

I found the Pillager to be fun, but the Renegade simply does a better job at taking down your prey. The flame attack simply doesn't kill fast enough especially when you get players that simply sprint/jump/twist in mid-air to get away from the fire column. What I did find the Pillager was good at was quickly destroying heavily damaged vehicles while shooing away the crew from repairing. The Pillager seems to fair amount of damage to construction modules.

Personally I believe that the VS got the better ES Flash weapon for this event.
  13. Demigan

I dont know how strong the TR version is but NC seems to be shafted. An arming range, high drop (the water pistol has more range), not enough damage to kill its main target (infantry) with one clip unless you get direct hits, which the slow velocity and high drop make hard.

In the meantime the VS version is a super-easy no restrictions mini-Saron...

I guess that in teams the NC one becomes powerful quickly. If me and my friend get it unlocked and fire at the same infantry concentration we'll melt through them I hope...
  14. blackboemmel

I unlocked it yesterday, had roundabout 30 frustrating minutes of trying to get 1(!) kill with it. Didn't work for me, i gave up. Then an outfit mate also unlocked it. He tried it for 10 minutes, then diconnected from the game because... BUZZARD SUX!

I think the person that is responsible for this thing on live servers should be punished with a 2 hours lasting live stream, where he (that responsible person) has to use nothing but Buzzard Flashes in it's current state. :p
    • Up x 1
  15. LtBomber

Just from stats/ and video: Meh!
    It somewhat could be intersting, if the launch angle would be 45° higher, so it can be used as a bombarde. Then add the duster mechanic to it: Larger magazine, full auto, spread. Tata, you have an indirect fire weapons to shower areas with explosives. Range is limited, direct fire not possible (cause of the gun arc offset)
    • Up x 1
  16. Liewec123

lol that would be so funny! XD
    and you can bet your but they'd be like "GRRR! THIS THING SUCKS SO HARD!" and we'd get a buff :D
    make it happen DBG!
    livestream!
  17. Pikachu

Wut? The wiki shows the flash falcon. Anyway I forgot about the flash pounder model. Here they all are, the models that were added to the files in march 2013.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  18. LaughingDead

Well crap. Got me again.
  19. FateJH

If you hit M1 more than once, the Phoenix missile explodes early.
    Just want to make sure you know this.
  20. LaughingDead

This is a comparison towards the buzzard, as in, it has high alpha, low sustain with an even lower range with about the same amount of exposure as the phoenix would take.
    Just want to make sure you know I'm talking about the buzzard, not the phoenix.