Firestorm implant

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ican'taim, Jul 16, 2020.

1. ican'taim

So there’s a new implant coming tomorrow (on the PTS now) called Firestorm; for every kill, your RoF increases. Sounds kinda op tbh because now any good player will have an easier time racking up kills.
    Thoughts?
  2. Badman76

Never knew of this, interesting, i wonder for how long the ROF increase buff lasts?
  3. vonRichtschuetz

It could have been faction flavor for the TR. They could have added it for the chaingun, or for a MAX weapon like they did with unstable ammo, or even for the Butcher, an overall underwhelming weapon compared to the other directive LMGs.

But now it's a neutral implant.
  4. Liewec123

i find it funny that they've only just removed the silly survival exploit for infinite rapid reloads,
    and now they're adding a brand new implant that didn't even touch PTS,

place your bets folks!
    how long will it be before someone finds a gamebreaking bug for infinite RoF?

also agree with Von above, this could have been a TR exclusive, like Coldheart for VS.
    • Up x 1
  5. ZDarkShadowsZ

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  6. Magma52

Haven't bothered with Event Directives for years, but damn, this implant is pretty interesting. Wouldn't use it instead of the Assimilate + Battle Hardened combo that I use for most builds, but for hipfiring SMG where BH isn't needed...that could be pretty damn powerful.

Do we think this would eventually be added to the common pool of Implants i.e. unlockable with regular implant packs?

EDIT: Changed my mind lol. This OP implant shouldn't be in the game.
    • Up x 2
  7. PhantomOfKrankor

Firestorm should not be in game and it blows my mind that the idea even got to PTS without bouncing this idea off the players a bit first. All it will do is increase the "skill" gap even more and further alienate new and casual players. The farming will intensify.

There is enough complaint from the new and/or casual players about veteran / P2W power creep and now there is an implant that is a straight up DPS buff. A DPS implant that players will see on their death screen and not know how to get, or not be capable of getting, and just assume (somewhat correctly in this case) that it's "another" P2W / cater-to-Veteran mechanic.

This implant will become the meta and it's like the Devs learned nothing from the Survivalist situation just a few months ago, because this is far worse.

Also Edit: Regardless of the perception factor, it's not a good mechanic to have in the game.
    • Up x 2