[Suggestion] Firearm Attachment Options

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpartanZero, Aug 2, 2014.

1. SpartanZero

Just a suggestion, the Extended Magazine should be an ammo slot option not a rail option. Leave the rail option for rail options.

Expanded Weapon Slots - additional 2 slots for Carbines/BattleRifles/ARs/LMG/SMGs/Shotguns/Sniper Rifles

(NEW) Receiver (+/-) select fire changes, ROF, recoil control
    (NEW) Stock (+/-) ADS/scope sight in time, stability, hold breath time, recoil control
    • Up x 3
  2. RubiksCubix

Please do this. This is one of the few things in the game that make my sometimes present sometimes absent OCD start going. Why is extended ammo and a foregrip not compatible?

I'd also like to see extended ammo available for the majority of assault rifles, to further expand their niche. Penalty should be longer reload-- not lack of a foregrip. Every other attachment category has at least three options-- why not ammo?

Perhaps this could be done for the straight bull bolt as well. Great thread and great ideas-- thanks for letting me rant.
    • Up x 1
  3. Roeskai

4. SpartanZero

As Rubix suggested to the extended mag option. More bullets per magazine should tack a reload penalty.

Another attachment option to consider (again, please move extended magazine to the ammo slot option)

Short cap magazines - Reduces ammo capacity by 5 or 10 (depending on original mag sizing) the perk benefit would be a faster reload time.
  5. SpartanZero

Not only could the stock/grip an receiver options add in slight modifier/penalties to weapons it could also have a cosmetic change to the rifle itself?

Stock styles

Fixed
    Rectractable
    Multi-Folding
    SR adjustable
    SOCOM

Any thoughts to pros/con adjustments for each stock style? Looking mostly for responses from people who've had realtime experience with differences in handling with various stock types, but all constructive responses are welcomed.