Fire Mode Selector

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by KraggTheGrim, Jan 15, 2013.

1. KraggTheGrim

I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but i recently got the Compact S for NC, it has 3 fire modes, Full auto, Semi Auto, and 3 round burst. When I die the gun defaults back to full auto and not the setting I had set it to (3 round Burst), is this a bug or is that supposed to happen?

And if there is a way to make it stay at the setting I want, what do I need to do?
  2. Kittel

why offer a 3 round burst version for sale (certs and SC) if you can select it with the default gun.

The 3 round burst guns are complete crap by the way, i only got it so i could get the auxium medal and the certs for completing it. It's taken me forever to almost get the f'n 1000 kills needed, i have 3 other carbines to 1000 kills together (3000+ kills) all before this one damn gun, still have 300 more or so kills, shoot me now. can't wait to move onto my 5th auto carbine...
  3. KraggTheGrim

I got the Compact S because of the noob tube and other attachments, and as i play engineer i don't have access to to many good weapons.
  4. Jestunhi

If you don't enjoy it, why are you doing it?

Games should be entertainment, not work...
  5. Kittel

OCD...
  6. Cl1mh4224rd

I suspect that it's "supposed to happen" insofar as the game just hasn't been coded to remember the state of your weapon from life to life.
  7. CommodoreFrank

But for some reason, it does remember to keep your laser off for an entire session. To the OP, I don't see why it's a problem that your weapon reverts to full auto. It's the most versatile of the fire modes, and you should only be switching off of it in specific situations.
    • Up x 1
  8. KraggTheGrim

Burst mode seems to work better for me than self control with full auto. rapidly tapping the trigger button seems give me a better COF. I'm just a bad player and need fire mode assistance ;).
  9. HappyZaps

Yeah, it's just going to default settings upon respawn. You'll also find that your ACE reverts back to turret mode even if it was in ammo pack mode while you were alive.