Final word on UserOptions.ini

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by PotatoSabot, Nov 20, 2012.

1. PotatoSabot

What is the final word on modifying the UserOptions.ini file?
  2. ColdBackHAND

I highly doubt you'll get banned.
  3. TastyBeatz

What's the final word on replacing the new UserOptions.ini file with the file I retained from the Beta?
  4. Fuel Truck

I want to use SweetFX, is that possible?
  5. ElectTheDead

Higby once said he uses it. I did for the entirety of beta. Pretty sure it's OK.
  6. Fuel Truck

Do you have any tips on using it? Never really tried it before. Watched a video that said I needed to disable the auto FXAA but that file was no longer accessible (material_3)
  7. Amador

Well my two cents is that you shouldn't apply the new values to the new UserOptions.ini.

Just go and launch the game, play it, then reconsider if it needs altering that for view distance or whatever you need to do.

Besides the last few days of Beta, the game ran fine. (Shrug)
  8. xaenigma

Im hoping I will be able to use SweetFX as I heard it made the game look great in the beta. I just never thought to try it.
  9. Yaj

It's a file on your end... it should be free to touch.
  10. Gary

Would appreciate if someone could link to or paste there settings from this file so i can use it :)
  11. TastyBeatz

Why do you want this?
  12. CoreCobrother

well if your using sweet FX i think it should be fine, however if you're modifying the range in wich you can see players/vehicles and that kind of stuff your giving yourself advantage over the other players via moding and altho i don't say its bad, SOE could just ban you whenever they want.
  13. Gary

I would like the settings files so i can see what different options people are using FOV, FX things etc and use a similar setting. I am not very tech savvy myself so this greatly helps me.
  14. Wobberjockey

not just a file, but an unlocked .ini that you can easily open with text edit.

if you are going to make something a ban-able offense, they should at least make SOME effort to secure it, otherwise it's like trying to arrest someone for tresspassing in your house when there aren't any doors on your house, much less locks

this feel like borderlands 2 and the golden keys all over again
  15. schwarzklang

Bird is the word.
    look here
  16. Hellspawn

Haha.. never gets old.
  17. TastyBeatz

In that case you should post your system specs so people with similar hardware might be able to help you out. Honestly though, your best bet is to just get in there and mess with things; trial and error until you get it somewhere you like.