FF damage mitigation.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by grazr, Jan 20, 2014.

1. grazr

Is there any chance we can get a 50% damage mitigation from FF.

I realise FF is going to be a part of the game, but it is also infuriating dealing with obnoxious players who take their KD ratio way too seriously.

Not only have i been mistaken for enemy players and executed before friendlies could pull their fingers off their trigger, but if i accidently shoot someone myself i'm less likely to incur their wrath if i havn't eaten through their shields irregardless of the fact that they recharge. This includes being C4'd in a tank.

"Back fire" as i call it is a serious problem. Accidently clipping someone for even the smallest amount of rechargable shield is often met with a straight out return execution followed by a TK fued if those players ever see each other in the short period of time and often i find the only way to stop being TK'd myself is to intentionally TK back and bring myself to their level before moving to another part of the continent to avoid the inevitable grief.

There have been times i have been TK'd because they took damage from someone else and just assumed it was me. When i explain it wasn't i just get abusive tells in return.

Either the TK system needs to be more aggressive that a player can't TK you a dozen times with general impunity or the FF needs to be such that it doesn't infuriate players enough to become griefers.
  2. MonnyMoony

Cant say I have ever experienced this. Intentional TKs are usually quite easy to spot as opposed to accidental or careless FF. I haven't seen (or experienced) an intentional TK or hate tells in retaliation for accidental or careless FF. I have on occasion advised players to watch their fire/driving - but in a polite way.

Which server do you play?
  3. TheFamilyGhost

NO. FF is one of the few things we have that keeps this game above Care-Bear status.

We've already lost so many things that kept the game difficult- and interesting. Losing more would be a disaster for people that needs challenge.
  4. Robes

Simply no, FF adds to this game.
    • Up x 2
  5. SinerAthin

Chivarly: Medieval Warfare also featured FF, and I loved it.

I love FF because it punishes careless players & put downsides to mindless zerging, and even enable you to use the enemy as shields.

No friendly fire simply caters to zerglings who want to chuck grenades everywhere and never stop firing without having to think.

Though I do think the Weapon's Lock should be affected by damage done/deaths.
    In Biolab fights, I often brush people. But I'm good at being able to stop shooting before I kill them. On the other hand, the game doesn't seem to reduce my 'punishment' for doing so. It doesn't seem to differentiate between hitting someone or killing someone.