Feels like the Railjack has a somewhat bad hit marker.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ButterNutts, Aug 7, 2016.

1. ButterNutts

I love the Railjack and is the reason why I started playing Infiltrator alot more. It's very rewarding once you understand its quirks, love the style and reload animations and whatnot and the fact that it's first and foremost a rail gun.

However I really feel like it has some bad hit markers. When using the NC Boltdriver or Longshot, it feels precise and every headshot is a headshot, but with the Railjack, it feels like it's a hit or miss. They're have been times where I've had a direct body shot/head shot, other times it fees like the projectile just goes straight through an enemy and I don't get a registered hit. It really can't be an issue with latency because many times I get those same body shots and such and it's always a registered hit when using the other bolt action rifles.

Other times, when firing at an enemy who's in cover, I'm still able to get a clear line of sight on their head, but when using the Railjack, it feels like the moment I fire, I immediately see the projectile hitting an 'invisible wall', not near the enemy, but it's happening right in front of me instead if you get what I mean.
  2. TheSunlikeOne

idk, RailJack's hitreg is fine on my side.

Most likely the projectile just hits the cover you are hiding (to prevent headglitching).
  3. Frightning89

I'm wondering if you are (re)cloaking immediately after hitting the fire button. If so, that might explain it. It may be that the weapon's projectile won't be allowed to come into existence if you aren't fully decloaked when the projectile would be created.
  4. ButterNutts

No, that's not it, I decloak/recloak instantaneously all the time. I've had tons of long distance kills with the Railjack to the point where I can decloak and recloak before I get the kill because of it's delay.