Feedback Thread for the "PlanetSide 2 Test Weekend"

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by DarkTexas, Mar 12, 2015.

1. tomkagi

the new control system feels overall ok..... but the turn speeds have been impacted in a very negative way(I cant turn fast even if I turn the sensitivity up). but I love how the reaver feels with this system(it is more maneuverable than the old system!), the only thing that needs to fix really is the turn speeds.
    all this is after 30 minutes of flying......
  2. Fned

Had to increase mouse sensitivity to .916 to stay in dogfights with racer chassis. Needless to say, air gunning is completely broken at this sensitivity. Got a chance to play Vanu after the pop shifted and used dogfight scythe, without changing sensitivity; this frame/ESF combo allowed surprisingly accurate shooting while chasing fleeing foes at some distance, I was pleasantly surprised. Scythe seemed less survivable over time than racer mosquito.

There is a bug where sometimes when you press the key to get out of the aircraft, nothing happens. This can be a problem if it's on fire.

Cockpit mouselook remains really cool. The pitch/roll acceleration rate when using mouselook should have a slider; that way users can adjust it to their liking, or even turn it off entirely if they hate it.

The base sensitivity will probably need to be increased for these flight changes to work.

Bugs:

- sometimes attempts to exit air vehicles doesn't work
    - after rebinding air vehicle exit key, ground vehicle exit key still also works to exit air
    - when spawning a new air vehicle, sometimes cockpit mouselook is disabled until you exit and re-enter the aircraft
    - friendly fire is turned on in the warpgates
  3. NeonLocomotive

Flight controls feel smooth but not too much variation it seems. Had an issue with the vehicle low health beep constantly ringing even after reaching full health. I like Koltyr, its a great idea :D
  4. Heliopata

Bug:
    I was repairing a broken turret and it killed me, like it roadkill me. I respawn and fixed the turret, although it didnt happend again.
  5. Redcoat

All seems well but I noticed some warping particularly reavers using the afterburner. they would lag a bit and they would warp 20 meters or so whenever they use the burners.
  6. Saclo

Controls felt smooth. Had to increase sensitivity a lot. I can't do reverse maneuver anymore, Though I don't mind that. I noticed when in cockpit free look, looking left or right makes me roll as well. I don't think it does this on normal server.
  7. XtremeLeafyHyhhBA.d

Beside der ground, it was good, try to fly to sun, oh it wus good. Middlebump tatctics ? it was good. Glad to be a part
  8. ASHMASTER82

To me the controls feel slow and a little unresponsive.

Just something I threw together so show what i'm seeing.
  9. willowstyle

just unplayable and boring, the aim was to put esf fun and battlefield utility far away it seems.
    but koltyr seems good, love confined fights
  10. ronjahn

Koltyr was cool. I didn't get to fight at any of the bases though because right as I logged in the TR had capped Koltyr:eek: and made it so you could no longer spawn there as NC or VS. The "fun" part about that was that when I logged out and logged back in to see if it was just a bug, I spawned in the TR warpgate (as NC) and was immediately gunned down. I quickly switched to TR so I could see what the continent felt like, but then it was boring because only TR were able to truly spawn there. So that needs some fixing or the ability to cap Koltyr needs to be removed.

The bases seemed very tight and compact. They seemed to have a lot of buildings squeezed into small areas, which I'm sure will make for some interesting gameplay. The feeling was just like Amerish, so nothing really to see there on the art/aesthetic area.

The flight controls were interesting. I got the a slight sluggish feeling even when I had my dpi jacked way up, but everything seemed to be smooth aim didn't seem to affected.. It took awhile to really get a feel because I've never flown on test server and had to set my keybindings and sensitivities.
  11. PasitheeVS

Test Server:

Really buggy and crashy. I can't list all the Bugs there here....

Koltyr:

The Map limits should be more defined and rounder, so you shouldn't
    fly into the pain zone too early.
    Also there are some Mapping bugs like plants through building grounds...

Fyling:

I didn't feel much of a difference. Maybe the hovering became stronger and all in all it felt a little bit nicer.
    However, I can't tell so much difference compared ti the live servers because I'm not a that experienced pilot.
  12. Lagomorph

Koltyr definitely seems to be a step in the right direction for getting new players introduced to the game but it almost seems like a feature that should probably have been included at release instead of so much later in the dev process. It would be nice if ESF's didn't spawn pointing in the wrong direction, towards the "Out of Bounds" zones, and it would be nice if it were just a bit.. bigger, though I really do like the new base designs. Also, there seem to be a few too many trees, new players could possibly benefit from having an introductory experience with a zone with lots of trees like Hossin, and then with fewer trees, like Amerish, and then with almost no vegetation, like Indar. But I digress. Now, FLIGHT CONTROLS, where do I start... Everything seems to be a little "floaty", less responsive than I'm used to. It's really good for just flying around, but, even with the maxed out hover stability airframe, dogfighting and general maneuverability is a real pain. PLEASE, just use your old flight system, with just a few minor tweaks, it's MUCH better. Also, this might be a problem with my internet, but I noticed ping spikes on Koltyr as I was dogfighting, but my ping was fine at the warpgate. Go figure. I also very much like the new warpgate design, but maybe add two more landing pads for aircraft? Overall, I like Koltyr, but the new flight controls are really slow. Yaw is pretty much broken, and it's even difficult to track a moving aircraft to maintain lock with Tomcat A2AMs, or even to strafe a fast-moving target. It's also very difficult to pull out of a diving strafing run quickly, overall maneuverability seems to be much degraded.
  13. MyPS2

seemed good had no real issues. I am not an air jockey so comparing will not mean much coming from me.
  14. Asurmen32

just finished my Test run.
    *Flight controls suck!!! turning feels way to sluggish. Keep how it currently is on live.
    *Flight controls working for gun control is bad!!!! keep how it currently is on Live.
    *New map and new tutorials seems good for new people.
    *Valk Cas gun buff not enough, needs increase Blast radius to 2 to 3m (1 is TOO low), bc with its bad cone of fire, its 1m blast doesnt work.

My thoughts on flight control: have an option to KEEP flight controls as it is currently on live, but also have a check box to switch to these types of controls, that way it lets the player choose whats best for them.
  15. Computiverse

Tested mostly on Friday, don't know if anything changed since then, but the controls seemed a fair bit clunkier than on live.
  16. Creczer

Some Teleporters are not working.
  17. LLancaster

Just jumped on again. Flight controls still feel really slow and clunky. Even with mouse sensitivity increased, I still felt like my mouse was moving far too much than what it should have been. Definitely not a fun experience when I have to fight the controls more than my opponent.
  18. Morrak

I completed the test with 3 different aircraft and i have found it more easy to flight, it will be a good change for my flightstyle :)
  19. Corrox64

Tried the new flight model on test server and is good! more responsive and enjoyable, I also found the new player models awesome! I can't wait for have them released on the normal servers
  20. Warloghe

Koltyr is a great little continent loving the new bases hope some of these make it to the live servers, As for the flying game well I can't add any more to what's been said. The only think I would add is make the map bigger the number of times I flew out of zone was ridiculous and noobs are going to do this all day long.