[Feedback] Recon tools

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Biddion, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Biddion

With the "upcoming" infiltrator update, the developers asked for ideas on tools for our favorite class.
    Let's keep this thread limited to recon. What kind of recon tool would you want and how it would work?

My suggestion is a deployable that we could put in an enemies base that would affect their radar. it would make a loud sound so the affected faction could hunt it down and destroy it. This would replace the anti-personnel mines or medi packs. Placeable on wall and ceilings with an animation similar to C4.

Or perhaps a one time use permanent recon ball a sniper can use to detect oncoming enemies from behind.

Discuss...
    • Up x 1
  2. GrayPhilosophy

A recon "mine".. I actually like that, destroyable but otherwise permanent, it makes sense to me. And would all of a sudden make infiltrators more of an asset in base defense.

For other recon tools I'd also love to have a stealthy "spot" option, since sitting in a tree above an enemy camp spot and yelling "WATCH OUT! ENEMY HEAVY!!" Isn't really very clever. Something like a target painter perhaps that you can use on high priority targets (enemy sunderer for instance) that makes it show up on the minimap.

and on a slightly related note on recon darts/any radar. I figure it would make sense to have friendly recon darts reveal enemy recon darts, rather than just being able to see enemy recon darts by default. This would also add a benefit to using them defensively.
  3. Biddion

With the new update you can see enemy recon darts. On my minimap, VS are purple, NC are blue, and TR (my faction) are white because those are the colors I chose in options. I have tracked enemy darts on the map, looked for them, but that I couldn't find. I read that explosions will destroy them but I wanted to confirm it.
  4. m44v

binoculars, that allow silent spotting and have a rangefinder.
    • Up x 1
  5. GrayPhilosophy

Yes that's what I mean, right now you can see enemy recon darts on the minimap that are nearby just by default. I propose that it would make more sense (in my own world at least) if they were revealed like enemy infantry by friendly recon darts.
  6. Get2dachoppa

Yes, yes, and yes again

I've been adamant that radar in this game is too powerful with not enough ways to counter it. Even after the changes to the Flash scout radar, one Infiltrator sitting on an ammo pack can literally keep a large area covered by radar. I like the idea of a deployable beacon like device that will jam enemy radar in an area around it but it also gives away its location in some way. It probably should cost resources and give xp for its destruction. Maybe it could ping the map in some different way or just automatically appear as some kind of icon on the minimap. Either way, radar needs counters and I think this is a good solution that isn't too powerful and would add some interesting dynamics to the game.
  7. NahumLudd

1) Recon darts invisible again... right now, while infiltrating, I only use them as bait, since every defender is going to converge on it. Destoyable but invisible to the radar.
    2) Radar jammer dart (alt fire) that disrupts minimap of whoever enters its area of effect (false signals or no signals) and cloaks friendly signals to enemy darts. Also destroyable but invisible to radar.
    3) Silent spotting for us infiltrators. Need this so bad.

1 and 2 would lead to an effective intelligence struggle between opossing infiltrators and could be really interesting.
    • Up x 2
  8. iEnvy

I want silent spotting so bad.. Also give us C4 or something, imo, the class that makes most sense to have C4 is the inf and its like the only class that doesnt get it..