[Feedback] Kingsnake, JGX12, Perihelion.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by TheBlackAngel, Oct 2, 2022.

1. TheBlackAngel

Kingsnake (TR):
    Please add a lot more bullet spread on Kingsnake when firing one shots after another instantly. I can still consistently hit all shots from over 200m. It's by far the most superior weapon to any tank weapons, it has 5 sec TTK on lighting, when all armour piercing tank shells weapons are around 9 sec. Please increase its reload or reduce its damage, because that DPS is insane before even activating the ability...

JGX12 (NC):
    Its still not artillery weapon. Increase gravity on a shell more and increase its velocity. Or add charge on it to control bullet drop.

Perihelion (VS):
    There is an approximate 1 sec delay before reload actually starts, meaning the actual reload is over 4.5 sec, which is a lot. Second charge takes to long, twice as long as first one for some reason, so fix that too. You can also hold charge forever, so fix that too. Make it so when you press R (reload) it stops charging and returns all the shots to magazine.
  2. Liewec123

the Jgx should not go live in this state, its currently a straight-downgrade to AP.
    same number shots to kill but with much more drop, much worse velocity and vastly longer refire time.
    in short compared to AP it deals less damage and is so much harder to use.

but hey i guess having a downgrade as a main cannon will perfectly compliment Nimitz Reactor which is also a self-nerf...
    is this the theme for vanguard? everything new is a self nerf?
    vanguard is already the worst performing MBT by a large margin,
    if the MBT stuff goes live in this state vanguard will fall even further out of sight.

VS should also have gotten the first iteration of Perihelion not this OP abomination they have now,
    it was still an upgrade to AP with higher dps and no drop.
    giving the best performing MBT a 1,425 dmg burst weapon which they can precharge before an ambush is just ridiculous.
    mags will now open fights by taking the other MBT to 30% hp.
    • Up x 2
  3. Amador

The TR Kingsnake will be regarded as satisfactory.
    The NC JGX12 will be regarded as a massive under-performer.
    The VS Perihelion will likely result in a forum crash.
    The JGX12 is an objective a failure. How? Simple...

The JGX12 was given a hefty parabolic trajectory akin to the feel of a heavy low-velocity high-explosive shell and then they made it behave like an Armor Piercing shell with mediocre splash damage. If the JGX12 is considered "repurposed excavation equipment" then that means players will mistakenly interpret it as being some kind of high explosive demolition cannon suitable for anti-infantry use.

You NC guys got shafted. And even I can admit to that. This will -not- be well received by the public on Live servers. Although I am not an NC player and I do not feel at liberty to talk on behalf of how their assets should perform, however..

... If the devs cared to apply a "quick bandaid" then simply flatten the trajectory by reducing the gravity and adjust the damage to be on par with the other specialized AP turrets in this category. That is, so it achieves a heavy hitter "rail gun" feel.

I actually sat in VR Training using the VS Perihelion and then immediately went to use the Kingsnake while I was "acclimated" to the feel of the Perihelion.

If Magriders weren't notorious enough for ambushing, the Perihelion is going to take it to the next level where the secondary gunner will likely be able to finish off the opponent before the main cannon even needs to reload. This doesn't even take into consideration the Magrider's ability to side-strafe or boost to quickly duck into cover to minimize exposure time while it is "triple charging" its next barrage.

The biggest screw up regarding the Perihelion is that there isn't any drawback to keeping the weapon "triple charged". Meaning that any Magrider operator can keep the gun fully "triple charged" 24/7 to initiate an ambush at no cost while doing so.

So what would be a basic balancing solution? Keeping the weapon "triple charged" should either consume ammo to maintain the "triple charge", make the cannon become increasingly unstable the longer it is held, or to simply have the weapon forcibly fire/discharge if it is held in an "triple charge" state beyond 3 to 6 seconds.

That should be a basic solution at the very least.
    • Up x 2
  4. DrakonMacar

The Trawler exists. Forward Shield application allows for an obscene amount of functional health for the Vanguard when not ambushed and blasted in the rear armor. The Nemitz Reactor giving an extra 1000 in regenerating shields granted yet more functional health on the most forgiving damage sponge in game. Your arguments can not possibly be any more invalid.

Best performing MBT with the absolute highest skill floor that must be reached to even be able to use it without exploding because you drove adjacent to a rock or tree root. Your complaints are a skill issue and NC has been given a disgustingly egregious amount of powerhouse weapons.

None of these weapons were initially designed to one-up AP variants, rather HEAT alternatives and they've largely lived up to the expectation.

The TR deserve the Kingsnake after being shoehorned into the middle of the road jack-of-all-trades position.

The VS definitely deserve the charged Perihelion for having been repeatedly let down over the past several updates and losing our faction identity because the TR became the new average and the NSO ate up or wacky gimmicks, on top of the heinous amount of nerfs and tweaks we've had to play around historically, all because two other factions wont man up and learn to play around their disadvantages.

Though the infinitely held Perihelion charge is a bit silly. I can understand a few seconds of use it or lose it (charge cycles back into "rechamber" without burning ammo.).
  5. Liewec123

Yes and that is Vanguard's one and only card to play, a 6 second shield, during which an opponent with a braincell will break line-of-sight and wait it out, nullifying Vanguard's ONLY niche.

I'll let you off easy for this one because it seems that you think the 1k is extra, unfortunately nope.
    Nimitz Reactor's replaces 1k of the Vanguard's health (which 2 engies could repair in 3 seconds)
    with a 1k shield that takes 21 seconds to regenerate and cannot be manually repaired.
    The only function of nimitz is too INCREASE your downtime to a minimum of 21 seconds.
    If you want a repair substitute or enhancer, NAR is superior and less than half the cost,
    repairing the whole health pool and not blocking you from manually repairing any of it.
    Nimitz is a self nerf, and one of the most expensive utilities in the game.

VS always like to overexaggerate maggies skillfloor.
    Despite generally having the best performance with the default cannon.
    Yes it takes a few more braincells to learn not to face rush a Vanguard or sit still against a prowler,
    But after using maggy once, you should understand its strengths,
    and as we see from default cannon performance, that seems to be the case.

Remind me, who's faction identity is high alpha damage again?
    If you think the best performing MBT deserves to steal NCs trait you are simply wrong.

The last few updates have been on-point for faction identity,
    with Slicer being pinpoint accurate, high velocity and having lower damage drop off.
    And your basilisk variant being high accuracy, high velocity and lower damage drop off.
    Sensing the theme yet? Accuracy and range is your theme, high alpha is NCs.
    Instead you are getting a weapon that does BOTH, on the best MBT,
    and you think it is balanced, because that is the VS mentality.
    VS should get a long range, accurate weapon, and that is what the first version of perihellion was, balanced.
    Instead Wrel listened too the whines of the Reddit mob (who are majority VS) and gave it an unwarranted super-buff.
  6. TR5L4Y3R

from the limited VR testing
    my personal fav best to worst

1. larion (NSO)
    2. periphelion (VS)
    3. kingsnake (TR)

4. JGX 12 (NC) ... as much as i am a VS main or play NSO more times ... this gun seriously needs some reconsideration ...
    like either you really go in on the artilleryaspect and increase the velocity for the high projectiledrop and add some splash for that bit extraspice ...
    or you keep the velocity and decrease the projectiledrop to overall keep the gun in line with the other factions cannons ...
    but as it is now to me it feels like a bad variant of a Battletech AC 20 closerange high alpha cannon ... and that on what is likely the least maneuverable tank in the game to get into optimal range and out ...
  7. DrakonMacar

And most of the same opponents irl are likely unable to spare the braincell when they need to use their turn signal in their own vehicles. 6 seconds of disengagement is a very big deal because of how tank duels require competent use of cover and line of sight for peak fighting. Not a lot of people can snag those optimal positions and admittedly someone who understands how to use a Magrider will find ways to unreachable positions for most other vehicles to get the drop. We're ambush craft that melt the second we have no burner or get see out in the open for longer than 5 seconds. So it makes sense to me why that is your main gripe.

Again I'm referring to functional health as opposed to the total health pool, but you do make a good counterpoint.

How many times have you randomly exploded because you drove in proximity to a rock or tree trunk, but never collided with either? I've lost count of these events myself, I just accept that I'm basically piloting a time bomb and things got better over time.

True.

And yet the same people who we know generally can barely drive down the street can't seem to get that idea through their heads... At this point sounds more like a Connery vs Emerald argument than faction specific.

Spam something enough and it gets noticed: Trawler, Masthead, Gatekeeper, Betelgeuse, GODSAW, Archer, etc. Speaking of the Trawler, why is it I can get the jump on a deployed Sunderer, two AP rounds into it, yet somehow 2 Trawlers on the same bus shred through my Magrider faster than my gunner and I can put rounds into them from peaking at the edge of cover and not getting hit by the majority of shots? Am I that bad, are all of those NC players that good, or is a fully automatic Commissioner with 25 rounds in the magazine and heavy machine gun damage resistance exceptionally powerful?

Lowest alpha, highest burst, big difference since we're arguing semantics now.

How many fights happen over 200m distances exactly?

Burst. Opening the engagement with something strong is not the same as raw alpha damage, but I still understand the point. Just felt like nitpicking back at you.

Feels more like Connery vs Emerald still.

It was a HEAT alternative that wanted to grow up to be AP but couldn't make the cut. It was a side grade that I already achieved better results with on the Supernova PC and Supernova FPC on all target types, compared to the 3-shot power of the JGX (Which still seriously needs more consideration, though when in an armor column I don't foresee it having as much of a disadvantage as some people insist.)

As one of the VS tankers who made such a post, and even personally spoke with Wrel about how disenfranchised the common core of VS players feel with the underwhelming delivery of development for the faction. The Pariah is barely a Basilisk sidegrade until the fight happens beyond 200m, the Slicer with its delayed fire has its best performances so far in spamming close-mid range fights in the same hallways that a Lasher would be spammed down. People complain about VS being too powerful and yet in my experience across multiple servers since 2012, it's never been truly because of mechanical advantages, especially because of how many fights happen within 50m-100m where the VS gimmicks don't excel. Curious.