[Feedback] Armor Update - Gravitational Gunner Reticle

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Amador, Oct 4, 2022.

1. Amador

First and foremost, this is a topic in which I had presented in another thread in the past and I truly hope this finally obtains recognition and implementation. Especially considering the upcoming armor update.

Contained below is my original concept of using the "Artificial Horizon" as utilized by aircraft in Planetside 2 in hopes of creating a type of "Gravitational Gunner Reticle" for ground vehicle gunners.

(NOTE: It was formerly called the "Gravitational Sight Reticle".)

The purpose of this proposal is to make it so all guns with a significant parabolic trajectory (such as Tank Cannons, M40 Fury, M60 Bulldog, E540 Halberd, etc.) have a means to reliably aim and fire their weapons while encountering uneven terrain.

Contained below is a picture of the TR Prowler, utilizing the P4-120 Kingsnake turret while on uneven terrain. The "black lines" approximate what a Gravitational Gunner Reticle should do. Where it should shift the entire gunner reticle to align itself to gravity which will coincide with "bullet drop" over distance.

https://ibb.co/HTMZYvC
    [IMG]

To merge gunner reticles with the artificial horizon which already exist in aircraft would be a significant improvement for all gunner/turret seats for ground vehicles as a whole. This could also be applied to the new Corsair boat as well.

This should be immediately included as an integral part of the upcoming "Armor Update" which adds to the overall "quality of life" experience which would provide a notably refreshing improvement for Planetside 2 after a decade.
    • Up x 2