Features from H1Z1 that'd be awesome in PS2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by -Synapse-, Jul 30, 2014.

1. -Synapse-

So it's been deduced that Planetside 2's upcoming weather system is more or less a result of the development of that same feature in H1Z1, SOE's version of DayZ revolutionary new zombie survival game.

After hearing this I started watching a couple videos of H1Z1 gameplay to see if there was anything else that would be cool to have in Planetside since they use the same engine and all. I made a list of a few thing that would be pretty nifty to have in PS2 someday:

- Gestures
    - Inventory
    - Infantry third person (Warpgate only?)
    - People visible inside vehicles
    - Ragdoll physics
    - Projectiles sticking out of people (Crossbow bolts)
    - Equipable melee weapons
    - Holstering weapons for faster movement speed
    - Character customization(?)

I know some of these would be a bit of an issue for performance and whatnot, but a few of them would be pretty cool to have as fluff/polish features after all the core systems are working properly.
  2. Tuco

H1z1 is probably gonna kick as
  3. Pikachu

- See no need or what fun it add.
    - They are not going to spend time overhauling the current way of equipping items with all the programming required, new UI to be made and new balancing, but could be good if it was in from beginning.
    - What does that mean?
    - Too much performance or time. They planned it but removed it.
    - Not worth it since it's only one weapon that would have it that is hardly used by anyone.
    - More melee weapons are planned at least. But you mean more powerful weapons that does not allow gun to be used. What else than 1HK would there be to make them useful? People hate 1HK here.
    - Fine but I wouldn't care about it.
    - I would like more sets of armor and different faces and colored sunglasses. The last one would require them to adapt all helmets for it so no chance in getting that implemented.
    • Up x 1
  4. gigastar

That was on PTS for a while before being scrapped.

Id actually like to see this. It was in PS1 as well, but probably only because it didnt have a proper sprinting mechanic.
  5. Canno

Infantry 3rd person in the VR I could go for...

Ragdoll physics would be a laugh :)
  6. Cinnamon

This would be interesting but I probably wouldn't want to deal with the performance hit.
  7. RHINO_Mk.II

Do you have any idea what would happen to your already overloaded CPU in a 200v200 zerg when a duster lib flies over a cluster of infantry and sends 15 of them into ragdoll mode at once?
    • Up x 1
  8. Pikachu

Infantry 3rd person issue are easilly solved by by not rendering enemies outside the pyramid of view of the fps camera.
  9. ColonelChingles

No one has mentioned base building?

It'd give Engineers a whole new set of responsibilities... putting up cover, tank traps, destructible walls, everything. I think they should just get rid of all the walls in the first place and just let Engineers put up destructible ones instead, it would make for dynamic gameplay.

"Oh those dirty NC rebels have that base entrance completely covered? Well I'll just set up some C4 here and make my own door!"
    • Up x 1