Favorite Shotguns for TR

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Benevon, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Benevon

So what is everyone's preferred shotgun for the TR and why? I haven't had a chance to test any out myself (but I will). Just curious about other's opinions.
  2. centurionvi

I bought the Nighthawk on sale the other day and my kills have skyrocketed since. With a little discipline you can tap fire like a semi-auto while still having full-auto power.
  3. gunshooter

Yeah it's easy to be precise with the nighthawk, the only real downside compared to the other 2 might be reload speed, but its potential DPS is the highest and you can still tap semi auto fire if you wish.

Also it has low ammo capacity, both in clip size and amount of rounds carried. These can be remedied via certs (it gets Extended Mags and you can get extra ammo clips in your suit slot), but it's worth mentioning.
  4. KaosWarMonk

Same. My VS LA has a Nova (8 rnd semi-auto). In situations where a shotty is the weapon of choice I find the full auto on the Nighthawk is superior. Now just need to get it the extended mag ;)

-kaos
  5. gunshooter

I made a video of using the Nighthawk, check it out if you're still on the fence:

Only cert is extended mags, I don't have extra ammo yet.
    • Up x 1
  6. Velron

I used Pandora tonight for the first time, just wanted to drop into some buildings and see what I could do.

I am not used to using shotgun at all, and it was pretty damn impressive. I could 3v1 in QCQ if there were objects to run around and fly over. One shot to the head seemed to kill almost every time, so if you fly over something and drop down and get a nice headshot they just die. Any other engagement its just an almost instant pop pop and they die.

Highly recommend the Pandora + Extended Mag if you want a CQC shotgun setup. I'll definitely be practicing with this, the success I had on my first time using it was really awesome.
  7. Village

You really don't need the automatic shotgun you'll just end up wasting ammo. Get the haymaker, it has fast semi-auto rate of fire, decent reload and 12 rounds when you get extended mags. 2 shots to kill people in close range anyway so the extra 2 rounds really helps with your killing power. I absolutely dominate as heavy assault with the Nova which is the Vanu equivalent.
  8. Onizuka-GTO

......vanu can get nighthawk?!!?

but yeah, been rocking with my Nova, got the laser sight and solid plasma slugs and its amazing.

But the Pandora is ok, just that the short mag and long reload kills me every time.
  9. Trysaeder

The shotguns are all the same, except maybe bullet drop and damage degradation (which obviously don't matter).

There's three types: extended mag size, faster fast reload, and full auto high RPM with less ammo (5 mags instead of 6).

I'd recommend the extended mag version if you're good at killing people, as it comes with an extra 12 shots in the beginning. The RoF reduction isn't hugely significant either.

Nova, Sweeper and Haymaker.
  10. Velron

Interesting....I will have to trial the Nova.
  11. InducedApathy

as16 and pandora I've gotten multiple kills when enemies are sort of close together. Shotty is beast in close quarters even outnumbered.
  12. Benevon

Picked up the Nighthawk today, love it so far. I haven't used it much as it's just for a quick LA load out for my INF, but yes. It isn't really a waste of ammo IMO. The way the rate of fire is, I can easily just tap one shot if needed or go nuts on full auto. I like options :)
  13. Dytch

Very nice guerrilla tactics you got going there! Btw as someone who has played a Combat Medic in this game a fair amount, your constant moving around while the medics were trying to heal you drives them NUTS. The heal gun only has a very very short range and it's VERY finicky to boot. So when you need health in the future (this goes for everyone) keep calm, crouch down if it will help to avoid gunfire and stay put. Don't make your medics chase you across a battlefield and end up getting them and yourself killed because of impatience. Help them, help you. =)
    • Up x 2