Fastest ways to earn certs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by koolkid86x, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salaman

Yea the sunderer thing is pretty tricky to pull off well.

Most reliable way for me to get a high score is to use a tank, typically on offense. You don't have to invest many certs/SC in a tank to get it to perform well (unlike air vehicles). Generally you want to get a good vantage on the enemy spawn or wherever their infantry is streaming forth and then shell away at them. A good position has some sort of safe cover you can retreat to in order to repair when needed, but be sure to maintain situational awareness to keep some ****** from flanking you or realize when your team is folding and you need to fall back.
  2. RainPeak

Easy way is to ride an aircraft and just hop area to area that is currently being cap. You don't need to engage enemy aircraft and no need to use Certs.

You would need to look at the map frequently and know which area is "hot" so that you don't fly there by accident.
    • Up x 1
  3. killzone

Personally I like being a medic going to the hottest spots and reviving people.. I get about 125exp per revive and I can revive like 20 people in like 5 min's if its very heated.
  4. zappy

Take The Crown at indar and defend it.

it is the #1 way to get xp

^ definitely this. if you see your team taking a large base(e.g bio lab) you can fly to it and gain 1000exp for doing nothing.
    (you only get exp for capping bases not defending, so learn to use the map)
  5. Braveliltoaster

get a good lib pilot and kill infantry with the C150 Dalton, i get about 150 certs per hour as a pilot... my friend gets well into the 250+ area per hour and hes a free account.
  6. TundraNC

A good liberator pilot wouldn't equip the C150 for killing infantry. The C150 Dalton is an anti-armour weapon used for high altitude bombing on tanks in densely populated territories. For killing infantry, circling the infantry at about 500m altitude with a Zepher is the way to go. The Shredder is also much better than people take it for, and should be used when there is a large enemy air presence over the objective.
  7. Morpholine

Some (including myself) swear by the "many small rivers" approach.

Play engy, drop ammo to feed your allies, repair anything that's been damaged, shoot any enemy you see, pull and protect an AMS sunderer.

Do all of the above, and the xp ticks will rarely stop rolling in.
    • Up x 1
  8. j3thr0

If you really want fast exp, learn to fly or be a good tanker
  9. Whateverworks

I'd advise against going medic as a brand new player to earn certs starting out. I'd start as an infantry centered engineer, if you want to earn starting certs by being a support class. My logic:

No one is going to get angry at you that your ammo pack doesn't last very long. Maxes aren't ever going to gripe that your repair tool doesn't repair fast enough (if they are impatient, they'll just run off and die half health). Heavy assault with launchers and ammo-eating maxes love seeing ammo packs everywhere.

People will get angry at you if you come in as a completely inexperienced medic and run around with a low level meditool reviving them in combat, and doubly so if you do the typical cert junkie/newb behavior of reviving them without healing them. You can see examples that this is annoying to people in this very thread. Put some levels into medic before running it, unless you are in a situation where there is a dire need for medics.
  10. thequantumguy01

Is there anything stopping you from teaming up with a buddy from another empire and overloading / stabilizing a generator repeatedly? If it takes 10 seconds to overload and 10 seconds to stabalize that's around 2000xp per minute. Is there a game mechanic that prevents this?
  11. Codex561

Liberators!
  12. DFDelta

What is it with people and pushing year old threads these last few days?
    • Up x 1
  13. Govedo13

Yes after few switches you wouldn't get any XP and the anti-cheat would put a red flag so some gamemaster that is online would bann you and your buddy. Same story for all similar exploits all have limited XP gain followed by XP cap.
  14. Iridar51

Forget soloing. Just forget it. Find a tactical outfit with experienced commanders. You can go to Outfit Recruiting part of the forums, find your server and ask around what outfit that would be.

Participating in the alert gives you 20% bonus, up to 50% from membership, 15% from participating in a mission, which you will most likely have, possible squad boosts, and you get +3% for each member in a squad, and additional exp for being in a squad.

I've been rolling with BAWC for a last couple of days, in two and a half alerts - ~5 hours of gameplay - I got 650 certs, and that's just for the normal objective-based play as a Light Assault, mostly. Had +100 - +112% Xp for doing that, and my KD increased, though that's probably due to unusually high amount of revives I've been getting, as well vehicles just vanished from my radar as a problem.

Being a medic with revive grenades and maximum rank med tool is the fastest way to get exp in these conditions.

Solo play has its appeal, but it's definitely not the fastest way to get certs.
  15. Scr1nRusher

this thread is from 2012....

why are people posting on it/bumping it?
  16. DG-MOD-02

I am going to close this thread in order to avoid confusion since it is rather old.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.